Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jonathan Smith listed as candidate for Cal job

2»

Comments

• doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    ESPN is pawning off a story Chip Kelly is coming to Cal and willing to work for next to free because he's getting paid by the Eagles and 49ers
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    edited January 2017
    BearsWiin said:

topdawgnc said:

The reality is Cal is Cal.

No head coach will get the program winning and stay.

Cal HC job is higher paying than San Jose State, but accomplishes the same thing. A stage for big time programs to recognize your talent.

Tedford realizes he was stupid for passing on big money opportunities and sticking with that shit show.

Pappy ain't comin' back.

Tedford was paid very well, and he got a really nice extension after 2008 or 2009 that meant his buyout would be outrageously large if/when Cal decided to get rid of him. He was probably overpaid for what the team did any time after 2007, and anywhere that took football seriously and paid better than Cal would have fired him after 2010.

The man just burned out. His playbook got too large, the stress got to him, his health declined, and he got so predictable that even the OS(U) staff admitted that they knew what plays he was going to call. If anything, Cal was the best place for him because they would keep paying him big money on the basis of what he did for them 2002-2006, and not on the basis of what he was doing for them 2007-2012.

Cal has new facilities and a new stadium. It's a pretty good school in a pretty good location. All it needs is institutional support and capable leadership. AD Williams, for all his faults, seems to realize that football and basketball have to be successful in order to finance the stadium debt and pay for all the soccer/fieldhockey/handball/hackysack/tiddlywinks minor spurts programs.
    You have legit cause to be excited. You are a good poster and I am happy for you.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,893 Standard Supporter
    Obligatory Cal AD appearing as Lord & Savior over Husky Stadium, Please.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,681 Standard Supporter
    doogie said:

ESPN is pawning off a story Chip Kelly is coming to Cal and willing to work for next to free because he's getting paid by the Eagles and 49ers he craves the Tenderloin

Fixed for geographical preference

• TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,893 Standard Supporter
    edited January 2017
    The Chip Kelly is The Best Ever era is over.

Chip is where Mike Tyson was after his prison sentence. Fucking done. Butt practiced, rested and ready to start fucking guys.
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,617 Standard Supporter
    Fucking Bruce Feldman listed Lake as a candidate for Cal.
  • FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    whlinder said:

If/when lake leaves it will be for the NFL. I don't see him as a long time college guy.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    whlinder said:

Kill him.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    edited January 2017
    whlinder said:

I am not sure Jimmy is ready for HC yet. I definitely think that he is ready for DC job. There is so much shit that goes along being a HC. I think Jimmy is to smart to rush into a HC job
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,020 Founders Club
    He's the QB guru responsible for Jack Brownig.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,717 Swaye's Wigwam

whlinder said:

I am not sure Jimmy is ready for HC yet. I definitely think that he is ready for DC job. There is so much shit that goes along being a HC. I think Jimmy is to smart to rush into a HC job
    He's Co-Defensive Coordinator.

http://www.gohuskies.com/coaches.aspx?rc=344
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

whlinder said:

He's Co-Defensive Coordinator.

http://www.gohuskies.com/coaches.aspx?rc=344
    Kawasaki still runs the overall show. Don't get wrong Jimmy runs the DB side of things, but the final call is with Kawasaki.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

whlinder said:

I really doubt he would turn down a PAC 12 coaching job. He would at least triple his salary and could always go back to coaching DB's if he was fired.