Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

UW ranked #3

2»

Comments

• Options
    SonnyShackelfordSonnyShackelford Member Posts: 919
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Cut all women's sports. Budget balances. Next...
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,753
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited January 2017
    priapism said:

MelloDawg said:

Really makes a buyout for Romar's contract seem like pittance when you compare it to our total debt.

Basketball TV ratings are down like 15-20% over the past 5 years. Coach salaries are gonna go down. Next UW BB coach should and will have to be cheaper.
    priapism said:

MelloDawg said:

Really makes a buyout for Romar's contract seem like pittance when you compare it to our total debt.

Basketball TV ratings are down like 15-20% over the past 5 years. Coach salaries are gonna go down. Next UW BB coach should and will have to be cheaper.
    Exactly. College Bball isn't close to what it used to be. I think the peak for MCBB was in the early 90s. You had Duke,who everyone wanted to see lose, and first you had UNLV. UNLV was in the early 90s to College Bball as Miami was to College Football in the early 2000's.

And then... Here come the Fab Five of Michigan. No other group of College athletes ever got the Free Pub that these Cats got. And all of it justified. Despite not getting the ring and the extra timeout. They were the most interesting Bball team I've ever seen. On the court and off the court. Coach Fish runs a tough practice and Gameday. But He wasn't like a lot of coaches in his generation that frowned upon any "undue attention"based on anything that occurred outside of the Gym. Their popularity rivaled Jordans. And I'd venture to say it was stronger at its peak at least as related to the Fab 5

Bball as a whole was THE Sport back then. And College Bball was just as popular as the NBA for a brief few years.

It won't ever to return to what it was of course. And one has to imagine LONG and hard who the next College team, , that captures the imagination of Roundball would be