Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Question about our OL this year, when many said it was the best in the Pac 12

ThumpThump Member Posts: 793
5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
Even if our OL wasn't the best in the Pac 12, it was better than Stanford'd when we played them. How is it the case that our OL was better than their's? Haven't they beat us in OL recruiting every year for the past 10 years?

So, if their recruiting was better than ours, was our player development and coaching better? Was their some other factor?

Comments

• Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    We got lucky. We didn't get Foster Sarell. Fire Strausser.
  • Options
    tenndawgtenndawg Member Posts: 1,161
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I heard the showers had 6 nozzles in a small boxed in area, so they came together as a team
  • Options
    ThumpThump Member Posts: 793
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

I'm hearing the UW OL was better because you were raped by your bottom dad.

WTF are you talking about? The only person my bottom dad raped this season was your mom. My top data did her in the mouth, while 'bottoms' gaped her.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Strausser is a good coach ... the recruiting results though ...
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,528
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Strausser is a very good OL coach.

He's missed on a couple of guys (Sarrell and Michael E. who strangely decided to go get plungered often with Dick Rod). It's still worth pointing out that Strausser has nabbed at least one 4 star OL in each of his 4 classes.

I'm thinking once Strausser gets UW guys in the NFL (Adams, probably McGary, and a few others), it should get easier for him to get the elite guys.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    HFNY said:

He's missed on a couple of guys (Sarrell and Michael E. who strangely decided to go get plungered often with Dick Rod). It's still worth pointing out that Strausser has nabbed at least one 4 star OL in each of his 4 classes.

I'm thinking once Strausser gets UW guys in the NFL (Adams, probably McGary, and a few others), it should get easier for him to get the elite guys.

I think Jake E might get drafted.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    He could but I have heard he has no interest in playing beyond college. Think he wants to go the finance / investing banking but could be wrong.

HFNY said:

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    He's missed a lot of guys but he's gotten some guys that have been ranked 4 stars by at least 1 recruiting servce: Adams, McGary, Roberts, Wattenburg, and Bainvalu.

Not saying he's killed it but it's hasn't been horrendous.

What is the story on AVT? I thought he was USC or ASU all the way.
    Tequilla said:

HFNY said:

He's missed far more than Sarrell and Elitise ...

Just in this class, the bigger miss isn't Fozzy but AVT ... how he lost him is a fucking mystery.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Actually who does AVT stand for? I was thinking of Austin Jackson:

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/5988
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    HFNY said:

He could but I have heard he has no interest in playing beyond college. Think he wants to go the finance / investing banking but could be wrong.

HFNY said:

He should enter and see he gets drafted. I think he could make an NFL roster.

Is he going to work full time at Cascadia Capital? (@CokeGreaterThanPepsi any idea what Jake got lined up for full time?)
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    HFNY said:

He's missed a lot of guys but he's gotten some guys that have been ranked 4 stars by at least 1 recruiting servce: Adams, McGary, Roberts, Wattenburg, and Bainvalu.

Not saying he's killed it but it's hasn't been horrendous.

What is the story on AVT? I thought he was USC or ASU all the way.

Tequilla said:

HFNY said:

He's missed far more than Sarrell and Elitise ...

Just in this class, the bigger miss isn't Fozzy but AVT ... how he lost him is a fucking mystery.
    1) Has the OL recruiting matched the recruiting that we've had at other position groupings?

2) The most comparable position group to the OL recruiting was WR recruiting under Pease ... look at the difference in results from Pease to Hamden

3) AVT had tripped up here a number of times and was considered a UW lean at minimum ... then he took a visit to USC and committed more or less on the spot ... why would that have happened?
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

HFNY said:

HFNY said:

He should enter and see he gets drafted. I think he could make an NFL roster.

Is he going to work full time at Cascadia Capital? (@CokeGreaterThanPepsi any idea what Jake got lined up for full time?)
    It would not at all shock me if eldrenkamp passed on the NFL. I believe he'd get drafted, but he is one smart kid and is already in line to make shit ton of money in finance.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,576
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Thump said:

I'm hearing the UW OL was better because you were raped by your bottom dad.

WTF are you talking about? The only person my bottom dad raped this season was your mom. My top data did her in the mouth, while 'bottoms' gaped her.
    This is over the line IMO.