Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Mormon kid who is leaving Oregon after one year has some pretty unsurprising things to say about the

scout.com/college/byu/story/1743843-wayne-kirby-is-happy-to-be-home-at-byu?s=147

From the article:
“There is just a lot of off-field stuff that goes on up there with players. It’s just stuff I don’t want to be around that just made me feel like I wasn’t really [in] the right place or atmosphere. There were guys that weren’t really putting in the work and doing the right things off the field to really go anywhere. I just felt like I needed to go to a place where academics are higher. I don’t want to bash Oregon but BYU has crazy academics, especially for business which is what I’m thinking about going into.”

Kirby felt many of the players place a higher value on the materialistic aspects found at Oregon rather than on focusing on and team and self-improvement.
“Also the players didn’t really seem like they wanted to be there for football,” Kirby said. “They just seemed like they wanted to be there for all the free stuff on the team. I just felt like I needed to get away from all that.”

“As soon as the coaching staff got fired I looked at that as an opportunity for me to get things right. I’m not going to say Oregon is a bad school, a bad team, or full of bad people because they’re not. It’s a different place with people who have a different focus about things."

“I think at Oregon they try and sugarcoat everything. Nothing was how they told me it was going to be."

According to Kirby, Oregon is trying to do what BYU has been doing for decades and that’s establish a culture and environment more associated with Polynesian players.
“One thing Oregon was trying to do was establish a Poly atmosphere, but at BYU it’s already there and has been there for a long time,” said Kirby.

“I thought I was going to redshirt. I had two knee surgeries in high school, but basically what Oregon did in fall camp was they made me strengthen them during fall camp. I thought I was going redshirt because I missed all of fall camp, but coach told me that they needed me to play last year and kind of threw me into the fire.”

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Sounds like Oregon needs a Seattle Times investigative report
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,525
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,525
    Standard Supporter
    You've tasted my shit and vomit?
    89ute said:

Oregon and BYU, the two most fucked up, piece of shit places. I'm stealing this from someone else's poast, just because your vomit tastes better than your shit does not mean it's good, or something like that.

• Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246

That guy sounds like a giant pussy.

Did you see him play? He more than sounded like one.

To be fair Sling was in way over his head. All of those guys committed to play for a supreme dictator like Chip and would up with a bumbling retard.

Mullens did what every AD does to the guy left after a legend, which is fire them after year four. The extension was awful financial managament, but it's not my money anymore, so fuck it.
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Front running, gimmick laden, materialistic programs will attract front running, gimmick induced, shallow players. Once the season goes south, many tune out.

SEVENDEE!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,186
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

scout.com/college/byu/story/1743843-wayne-kirby-is-happy-to-be-home-at-byu?s=147

From the article:
    “There is just a lot of off-field stuff that goes on up there with players. It’s just stuff I don’t want to be around that just made me feel like I wasn’t really [in] the right place or atmosphere. There were guys that weren’t really putting in the work and doing the right things off the field to really go anywhere. I just felt like I needed to go to a place where academics are higher. I don’t want to bash Oregon but BYU has crazy academics, especially for business which is what I’m thinking about going into.”

Kirby felt many of the players place a higher value on the materialistic aspects found at Oregon rather than on focusing on and team and self-improvement.
    “Also the players didn’t really seem like they wanted to be there for football,” Kirby said. “They just seemed like they wanted to be there for all the free stuff on the team. I just felt like I needed to get away from all that.”

“As soon as the coaching staff got fired I looked at that as an opportunity for me to get things right. I’m not going to say Oregon is a bad school, a bad team, or full of bad people because they’re not. It’s a different place with people who have a different focus about things."

“I think at Oregon they try and sugarcoat everything. Nothing was how they told me it was going to be."

According to Kirby, Oregon is trying to do what BYU has been doing for decades and that’s establish a culture and environment more associated with Polynesian players.
    “One thing Oregon was trying to do was establish a Poly atmosphere, but at BYU it’s already there and has been there for a long time,” said Kirby.

“I thought I was going to redshirt. I had two knee surgeries in high school, but basically what Oregon did in fall camp was they made me strengthen them during fall camp. I thought I was going redshirt because I missed all of fall camp, but coach told me that they needed me to play last year and kind of threw me into the fire.”

Levi Maderieta?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

From the article:

Always tough to lose a player who complains about having to play.

I wish he stayed there so we could have owned him another year.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Do the Mormon girls give up the ass
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Do the Mormon girls give up the ass

No, the armpit
    pics?
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,889