Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Huskies were the latest interloper in college football

Comments

• Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited January 2017
    "The Tide decided not to over exert themselves." lol
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Sounds like Hoke's defensive strategy.
  • Options
    MisterEm said:

Sounds like Hoke's defensive strategy.
    Coach Fag and coach Pimp will make it all better.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,172
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    When did we officially become an "Interloper"? Would we have been considered as such in 2000 had their been a CFP? Seems like in the mid to late 90's we would have still been a Blue Blood, elite program, based on what had been achieved in the prior 20 years- i.e., 6 Rose Bowls and 1 Orange.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,100
    Founders Club
    I'm torn. Do I go with a "thanks Taft" or a "the comeback is your source?"

• Options
    tenndawgtenndawg Member Posts: 1,161
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

When did we officially become an "Interloper"? Would we have been considered as such in 2000 had their been a CFP? Seems like in the mid to late 90's we would have still been a Blue Blood, elite program, based on what had been achieved in the prior 20 years- i.e., 6 Rose Bowls and 1 Orange.

PLUNGE USC when they matter, PRISON RAPE Oklahoma, Ohio State, Michigan, et al when they matter and MAKE THEM LICK OUT PIG ASSHOLES in meaningful bowl games. They've been there before, and could be again, we'll see.
    I stood on the shoulders of giants to improve the quote
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,172
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2017

A 16 year hiatus from national relevance with an 0-12 season along the way makes them an interloper until proven otherwise. It's going to take UW elevating its game beyond being tallest midget. UW gets its mojo back when it starts winning big games again. Beat USC when they matter, beat Oklahoma, Ohio State, Michigan, et al when they matter and in meaningful bowl games. They've been there before, and could be again, we'll see.
    I agree on currently being an interloper from basically 2001 on when the descent irrelevance began, and that we have to win a big time bowl game against an elite program to remove the label. I just found it odd that in 2000 the author of this piece would have considered us an interloper, when at that point in history - despite the mediocrity of the Lambo era - we were still considered a nationally relevant, big time program.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

A 16 year hiatus from national relevance with an 0-12 season along the way makes them an interloper until proven otherwise. It's going to take UW elevating its game beyond being tallest midget. UW gets its mojo back when it starts winning big games again. Beat USC when they matter, beat Oklahoma, Ohio State, Michigan, et al when they matter and in meaningful bowl games. They've been there before, and could be again, we'll see.
    I agree on currently being an interloper from basically 2001 on when the descent irrelevance began, and that we have to win a big time bowl game against an elite program to remove the label. I just found it odd that in 2000 the author of this piece would have considered us an interloper, when at that point in history - despite the mediocrity of the Lambo era - we were still considered a nationally relevant, big time program.
    Quit thinking.

When the Arrogance is truly back, you can remove the interloper tag.
  • Options

• Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    MisterEm said:

Quit thinking.

When the Justified Arrogance is truly back, you can remove the interloper tag.