Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Wooching fumble

13»

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

jecornel said:

DawgFader said:

That DB name was Burnt Toast Massey. Don't hate on P-Salm, he's First Team All Confrence face paint. His problem was a lack of size and strength. Basically not a bigger, stronger, faster type of guy. Pretty much what a BUCK needs to be.

The real problem was the depth...Potatoes O'Brien and Bartlett Pair were not ready to be on the 2 deeps. Benning has the size and speed just needs to work on technique. I'm hopeful he takes that massive step this off season.

NUTTING all over himself when the ball CAME out is what caused him to short arm and headbutt the ball. That's premature ejaculation, your supposed to save that for after your recover the ball.

Actually Bartlett played pretty and recorded a sack in the bama game. Bartlett improved game by game after his injury. I like the Bartlett, but if you compare him the bama athletes? There is no comparison.

Everyone is enamored by Potoa'e because of his size but he would be 3rd or 4th string at Alabama. Bartlett is better.
    Dude I like this kid. He needs to work on his pass rush, but I think he will be sold player next year for us.

Majority of the Bama players don't see the field until they are physically ready, 2nd or 3rd year.

Maybe I am being too optimistic, but I think he is better than Psalm or Potatoes which is an upgrade for us.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,636
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

jecornel said:

DawgFader said:

That DB name was Burnt Toast Massey. Don't hate on P-Salm, he's First Team All Confrence face paint. His problem was a lack of size and strength. Basically not a bigger, stronger, faster type of guy. Pretty much what a BUCK needs to be.

The real problem was the depth...Potatoes O'Brien and Bartlett Pair were not ready to be on the 2 deeps. Benning has the size and speed just needs to work on technique. I'm hopeful he takes that massive step this off season.

NUTTING all over himself when the ball CAME out is what caused him to short arm and headbutt the ball. That's premature ejaculation, your supposed to save that for after your recover the ball.

Actually Bartlett played pretty and recorded a sack in the bama game. Bartlett improved game by game after his injury. I like the Bartlett, but if you compare him the bama athletes? There is no comparison.

Everyone is enamored by Potoa'e because of his size but he would be 3rd or 4th string at Alabama. Bartlett is better.
    I am a Bartlett fan. Benning has work to do. His best play of the year was trapping Murrow's arm so he wasn't able extend the ball for a TD.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,528
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Don James always said the best time to play freshmen and sophomores are when they are juniors and seniors.

Potoa'e will likely get bigger so maybe he'll move to DE.

If UW had been deeper in 2015, Bartlett would've redshirted but they needed him (and BBK) on ST and to play a few snaps on regular D.

I'm not too worried about LB next year. I'm more concerned about getting another big but athletic DL. I don't know much about Ricky McCoy and Marlon T. but Greg Gaines and Vea both will likely be gone after 2017.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    HFNY said:

Don James always said the best time to play freshmen and sophomores are when they are juniors and seniors.

If UW had been deeper in 2015, Bartlett would've redshirted but they needed him (and BBK) on ST and to play a few snaps on regular D.

I'm not too worried about LB next year. I'm more concerned about getting another big but athletic DL. I don't know much about Ricky McCoy and Marlon T. but Greg Gaines and Vea both will likely be gone after 2017.

Vita almost assuredly yes ... Gaines at this point I'd put at 50/50 depending on his draft prospects ... 1st or 2nd round probably yes ... 3rd round or lower probably not.
  • Options
    I saw some draft projections. They have Psalm going in the 7th round. What tape are they watching? I don't think he will even make it to a practice squad.

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

jecornel said:

DawgFader said:

Dude I like this kid. He needs to work on his pass rush, but I think he will be sold player next year for us.

Majority of the Bama players don't see the field until they are physically ready, 2nd or 3rd year.

Maybe I am being too optimistic, but I think he is better than Psalm or Potatoes which is an upgrade for us.
    He has some tools and I think at minimum, he will be solid. Bartlett is going to be a good player too. Both will be an upgrade over Psalm as they develop and get more playing time.

Right now, Bartlett is better. Potoa'e looks kind of stiff. He had a big hit on Davis Webb when he came unblocked and a goal line stop against WSU. He made a couple plays, but getting off to anything he did is like drooling over Dissly's goal line stop against Cal. They didn't do anything special.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,636
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    HFNY said:

Marlon T. looks outstanding at practice this week at the Military game. Doubt he redshirts.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

I saw some draft projections. They have Psalm going in the 7th round. What tape are they watching? I don't think he will even make it to a practice squad.

He'll be Mr. Irrelevant....

He loves the free pub
  • Options
    topdawgnc said:

He'll be Mr. Irrelevant....

He loves the free pub
    OMG that would be a fitting end for Psalm football career