Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Charging...

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    jecornel said:

Yeah, Vea was huge to keep (hope it stays for the next two weeks before the window closes).

We will have a very good front (Gaines, Virta, Jaylen, Levi, McCoy, Pulu, Bowman, Clark, Scrempos)

Our edge will be better (Amandre, Benning, Tevis, Rice, Sterk, O'Brien, Warren)

LB's improved too simply because of depth (Zeem, Bierria, Beavers, Eifler, BBK, Wellington)

I saw someone else mention this, but I am very intrigued by the idea of Azeem at BUCK in some spots or maybe for the year. I really like our depth in the middle and I know he is a GREAT blitzer, and he has that mentality for it too. Obviously, I am perfectly happy if they keep him at MIK, but I do have wet dreams of him coming off the edge.

Benning could also slide to DL in situations, although I really like him at BUCK. Levi and Jaylen will both move all over the DL. Myles Rice is a real wild card, I saw (Stalked) him at the Peach Bowl DAWG WALK and he is a big kid. He was raw as hell coming out of HS but had so many rare human characteristics.

Our DBs have just so much talent, it will be young, but man. With Lake coaching these guys... Byron Murphy, Kent Love, JoJo, Isaiah Gilchrist, #MYRAPP, Jordan Miller, Zeke Turner, Keith Taylor, Austin Joyner, Molden.

I see no reason not to expect another 10 win season.

Rice looked fucking massive, he has to be pushing at least 260 pounds.

I know you guys love Salvon on offense, but I think he would make a better corner. He turns his hips so smoothly and effortlessly
    Careful mentioning Salvon on defense round here. Might get you shot.

I took 3 or 4 bullets for it.
    I am in LOVE with his hips
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Defense will be fine. We have lost that kind of talent and improved before. We don't need NFL players like Baker, Jones and King to compete with the Dreck-12. Biggest area to improve is pass rush on defense. Maybe some extra beef to stop the Bama/Scarborough combo. But even there, the defense wasn't really the issue. Pete has proven that player development is no longer an issue.

Much more concerned with how Browning improves, especially after losing Ross. And if the line can give him some more time against elite competition. As fun as this year was, the deep ducks that looked awesome against Rutgers level competition didn't consistently cut it against USC and Bama.

Browning probably isn't improving much. From my armchair you commit really fucking hard to running the ball with the 2 RB's and being physical up front. Even more than this year. Drill it again and again. Create competition and create depth.

Pete and Smith probably think there is no way we will ever get an OL good enough to compete against Alabama so they are designing new pass concepts and figuring out ways to exploit explosive plays.

I'm kidding... sort of.
    I hope so.

I wanna see Pete continue to evolve and innovate the offense now that he has HIS guys.

Even just new wrinkles like RB screens to McGrew or something we didn't see this year at all.
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,969
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

to maximum defensive doog...

With Vea coming back, thinking about the next mutation of death row has me fully torqued.

Vea/Gaines/Johnson (wrecked BAMA and looks like he's taken a leap)/Benning/Levi
    Azeem/Keshawn/Tevis/Eifler
    Rapp/Murphy/Love

It still looks like we have serious talent on that side and some people ready to make Psalm a distant fucking memory. The secondary won't be lights out from the get go, but if Rapp's development is any indication, could be really fucking good by the end of the season. They have the athletes without a doubt. My early pick is that Love takes King's spot as swagmaster and is dick slapping receivers by the BYE.

None of this will matter if Smith doesn't set himself on fire, but we could still pop off and win 11, even in that nightmare scenario. Calling my doctor in 4 hours...

Hi there.

imageimage

your welcome
  • Options
    BearsWiin said:

to maximum defensive doog...

With Vea coming back, thinking about the next mutation of death row has me fully torqued.

Vea/Gaines/Johnson (wrecked BAMA and looks like he's taken a leap)/Benning/Levi
    Azeem/Keshawn/Tevis/Eifler
    Rapp/Murphy/Love

It still looks like we have serious talent on that side and some people ready to make Psalm a distant fucking memory. The secondary won't be lights out from the get go, but if Rapp's development is any indication, could be really fucking good by the end of the season. They have the athletes without a doubt. My early pick is that Love takes King's spot as swagmaster and is dick slapping receivers by the BYE.

None of this will matter if Smith doesn't set himself on fire, but we could still pop off and win 11, even in that nightmare scenario. Calling my doctor in 4 hours...

Hi there.

imageimage

your welcome
    We can beat them if we commit to running the ball. Hopefully our OC does not forget that we have 2 legits RB sitting there.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

If I were God (truth be told, After the Bama game I realized I was close—if only I had the OL recruiting right, I'd be there!!) this is what I would do:

QB: Brownsocks
    RB: Myles (Lavon 1b)
    WR: Pettis
    WR: Chico
    TE: Sample
    TE: DisslyDawg
    LT: Grizzly Adams
    LG: Roberts (Fuck it)
    C: Shelton (puke in own mouth)
    RG: Wattenberg (RS Harris: move to C)
    RT: Frankenstein

DT: Gaines
    DT: Vea
    BUCK: Zeem the Dream
    SAM: Potatoes/Amandre/whomever
    MIK: Tevis
    WIL: Keishawn
    CB: JMills
    CB: whomever is best
    S: RappCulture
    S: JoJoMac
    Slot: Joyner

You could, in theory, put Zeem at SAM and Benning at BUCK; if Benning makes strides that would be a devastating front.

We also have your boy Levi. Where do you see him at? I'm pumped to see him play.
  • Options
    DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623
    dhdawg said:

this team should be able to make the rose bowl at the very least.

assuming vea is back, with most of the offense returning and the pass rush being better it's hard to see more than 1 loss before the PacCG with the schedule.

even if we? lose that game to USC, it would still be enough for a rose bowl bid assuming USC would be a playoff team with the pac-12 title.

I'm not sure if anyone outside of perhaps Stanford provides a real threat in the north

Agree with the concept, but the Rose Bowl is a playoff semifinal next year, so we(!) would be looking at an at-large to another NY6. Possibly the Fiesta or Cotton, but I'm not positive it would be one of those two.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Dardanus said:

dhdawg said:

this team should be able to make the rose bowl at the very least.

assuming vea is back, with most of the offense returning and the pass rush being better it's hard to see more than 1 loss before the PacCG with the schedule.

even if we? lose that game to USC, it would still be enough for a rose bowl bid assuming USC would be a playoff team with the pac-12 title.

I'm not sure if anyone outside of perhaps Stanford provides a real threat in the north

Agree with the concept, but the Rose Bowl is a playoff semifinal next year, so we(!) would be looking at an at-large to another NY6. Possibly the Fiesta or Cotton, but I'm not positive it would be one of those two.
    correct. that sucks
  • Options

Defense will be fine. We have lost that kind of talent and improved before. We don't need NFL players like Baker, Jones and King to compete with the Dreck-12. Biggest area to improve is pass rush on defense. Maybe some extra beef to stop the Bama/Scarborough combo. But even there, the defense wasn't really the issue. Pete has proven that player development is no longer an issue.

Much more concerned with how Browning improves, especially after losing Ross. And if the line can give him some more time against elite competition. As fun as this year was, the deep ducks that looked awesome against Rutgers level competition didn't consistently cut it against USC and Bama.

Browning probably isn't improving much. From my armchair you commit really fucking hard to running the ball with the 2 RB's and being physical up front. Even more than this year. Drill it again and again. Create competition and create depth.

Pete and Smith probably think there is no way we will ever get an OL good enough to compete against Alabama so they are designing new pass concepts and figuring out ways to exploit explosive plays.

I'm kidding... sort of.
    I hope so.

I wanna see Pete continue to evolve and innovate the offense now that he has HIS guys.

Even just new wrinkles like RB screens to McGrew or something we didn't see this year at all.
    I'm fine with some of that, but I would also love a shift from the Kellen Moore/Browning outsmart the defense to we are going to run you the fuck over again and again and make things easy on our QB.
    I like that plan in general. Should definitely work in the regular season.

Boils down to line play.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    You have to have the right pieces to run all over somebody ... as of now the interior of the OL next year is a massive ???

You will continue to see a balanced approach as we navigate developing the G positions and incorporating new WRs in changing roles.

We will not have the pieces to compete at the highest levels without being balanced ...
  • Options
    Yeah I don't think we have it, at least not at a level that beats Bama.
  • Options
    JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 1,989
    Run the fucking ball and we(?) will repeat as PAC-12 Champs.

Simple fact
  • Options

Run the fucking ball and we(?) will repeat as PAC-12 Champs.

Simple fact

Did you forget who our OC is?
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

If I were God (truth be told, After the Bama game I realized I was close—if only I had the OL recruiting right, I'd be there!!) this is what I would do:

You could, in theory, put Zeem at SAM and Benning at BUCK; if Benning makes strides that would be a devastating front.

We also have your boy Levi. Where do you see him at? I'm pumped to see him play.
    Levi will be an inside guy just like Jaylen Johnson.

Right now we have a couple guys in front of him, so I'm not sure how fast he'll pass them. I still haven't given up on "Pool shootin' boy" Ricky McCoy yet.

I suspect Scrempy is done, but if he gets his shit together, I think he could be really good as well.

Given that Virta comes back I think our top 3 guys are Virta, Gaines and Johnson.

Following that you have a mish-mash of a bunch of guys who are likely to improve in the way that Huddy, Tupou (MAB) and Derpin' Turpin did... and Levi is an insane talent. I would love to see Levi O as DT #4 - we shall see.

Everyone that thinks he plays BUCK has no fucking idea what we do on D. At the most he'll play EQualls-style SAM.
  • Options

Right now we have a couple guys in front of him, so I'm not sure how fast he'll pass them. I still haven't given up on "Pool shootin' boy" Ricky McCoy yet.

I suspect Scrempy is done, but if he gets his shit together, I think he could be really good as well.

Given that Virta comes back I think our top 3 guys are Virta, Gaines and Johnson.

Following that you have a mish-mash of a bunch of guys who are likely to improve in the way that Huddy, Tupou (MAB) and Derpin' Turpin did... and Levi is an insane talent. I would love to see Levi O as DT #4 - we shall see.

Everyone that thinks he plays BUCK has no fucking idea what we do on D. At the most he'll play EQualls-style SAM.
    Does Marlon RS? from the tape and his size looks like he is ready to play now.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Does Marlon RS? from the tape and his size looks like he is ready to play now.
    In an ideal world, yeah.
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    Dennis do you see Myles Rice doing shit next year?
  • Options

Kid looks like a legit player, I just hope he plays like it.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

Kid looks like a legit player, I just hope he plays like it.
    I honestly have no fucking clue. He looks good physically, but he was injured in HS.

We have nothing to go on, really.

Maybe my dudes who watched practice last fall @Tequilla and @CokeGreaterThanPepsi can comment.