Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Tracy Claeys fired as Gophers coach

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    From what I've heard (haven't researched the story enough to know one way or another) happened ...

1) Minnesota suspended the 10 players for the Bowl Game

2) Players boycotted activities following suspension feeling like players didn't get their due process or some shit like that

3) Claeys supported the players

4) Claeys supported the players even though he had read a report that the Administration had in suspending those players showing that there was beyond reasonable cause for the suspension ...

5) Player leaders organizing the boycott were invited to read the report ...

6) Player leaders organizing the boycott dropped the boycott ...

7) Claeys put on notice that his actions would be reviewed after the bowl game ...

8) Claeys fired for not holding players accountable for their actions ...

That shit might work in other areas of the country but it will NEVER work in the Big 10 because they are about winning the right way.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    doogie said:

In 2016 Minnesota won 9 games for only the second time in HISTORY.

The only other time was in 2003

Let's not forget Mike Bellotti calling a time out for them late so they could get the game winning field goal crew on the field.

Mediocre Mike was the ultimate sportsman.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Tequilla said:

From what I've heard (haven't researched the story enough to know one way or another) happened ...

2) Players boycotted activities following suspension feeling like players didn't get their due process or some shit like that

4) Claeys supported the players even though he had read a report that the Administration had in suspending those players showing that there was beyond reasonable cause for the suspension ...

7) Claeys put on notice that his actions would be reviewed after the bowl game ...

That shit might work in other areas of the country but it will NEVER work in the Big 10 because they are about winning the right way.

1B) Claeys supported the suspension decision.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

When you combine that with his about face ... I'd agree that that's a terminable offense
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

When you combine that with his about face ... I'd agree that that's a terminable offense
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eDLOBX4DWk
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,449
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Les Miles' name has surfaced. That would be an upgrade

Pinkel didn't get fired for supporting his players BLM boycott
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,712
    edited January 2017
    The boat is rowing down the Mississippi on its way to Dinkytown...6 years 21 million is the reported deal.
  • Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited January 2017
    Minnesota clearly doesn't give a fuck about football. Sucks because I was gonna jump on their bandwagon next year and cheer them and even wear a knock off Chinese jersey to the local Walmart and obnoxiously yell War Gopher! down the Coffee and Mexican Food aisle while not giving a shit. I need a new team to bandwagon to, join in on their traditions and talk shit to their opponents. I'm thinking Purdue? Do they have a rival? Roll Oil Tankers!
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,712

Minnesota clearly doesn't give a fuck about football. Sucks because I was gonna jump on their bandwagon next year and cheer them and even wear a knock off Chinese jersey to the local Walmart and obnoxiously yell War Gopher! down the Coffee and Mexican Food aisle while not giving a shit. I need a new team to bandwagon to, join in on their traditions and talk shit to their opponents. I'm thinking Purdue? Do they have a rival? Roll Oil Tankers!

You're a few days late to rhat party...they hired PEEJAY.

Let the rush to get back on the bandwagon commence.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

So DJ (ILTCHDJIWILTD) was right, "Minnesota became more like UW", they're now a rowing school.

I coined that back in 1998
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,237
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    AZDuck said:

So DJ (ILTCHDJIWILTD) was right, "Minnesota became more like UW", they're now a rowing school.

I coined that back in 1998
    Fill Bleanor coined it in 1898.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

You're a few days late to rhat party...they hired PEEJAY.

Let the rush to get back on the bandwagon commence.
    That guy is a douchebag.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I'll be damned, they actually hired him.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Who over 12 goes by PJ? It sounds like one of Dennis the Menace's friends.
  • Options
    tenndawgtenndawg Member Posts: 1,161
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Life has to be better when you randomly scream War Gopher and incoherently ramble about burrowing thru those bitches

Every once in a while yell how War Gopher is gonna grab War Eagle by its pointy bitch beak...
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    PJ is a clown.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2017
    Fleck seems like a clown but he's a proven winner and recruiter at the lower levels. He's worth a shot. More upside than Claeys imo.