Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

One elite QB away

Seeing what Sam Darnold did, I can't help but think we may be just one elite QB away from being able to compete on almost even ground against the likes of BAMA.

BTW, I wonder Browning ever led a team to victory in the last 2 minutes of a game when his team is behind? I knew he didn't for UW so far (the Zona game doesn't count because we were not behind and Lavon and Pattis did most of the work on that last drive). My guess is he never did in high school either. Darnold did it, Eason did as a freshman. Fuck, even Troy randomly accurate Williams did it against USC -- not that I ever want to have him than Jake for our team but in crunch time, he sure showed more balls than Browning.

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

If only we had the Pac-12 player of the year

Jake benefited from having Ross around. Ross made our whole offense look potent. With him leaving we will average 10 points less.
  • Options
    Baseman said:

I'd rather have a pair of 6'4 310 pound road grading Guards, a pair of 6'2 230 pound healthy thumpers at linebacker, and a pair of beastly edge assassins. Then we can upgrade Brownsocks.

As much of a shitty recruiter Chris Strausser is, I think he will develop Wattenberg and Roberts (please god let this be true). We might have decent OL next year, if those 2 are our starting guards.

Victor and Keishawn will be back.

I curious to see how our edge guys develop. From the pictures/videos I have seen, Potoa'e, Warren, Rice, and Pulu looked physically ready to play that position (whether they can play is another story).

You might get your wish

• Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Baseman said:

I'd rather have a pair of 6'4 310 pound road grading Guards, a pair of 6'2 230 pound healthy thumpers at linebacker, and a pair of beastly edge assassins. Then we can upgrade Brownsocks.

As much of a shitty recruiter Chris Strausser is, I think he will develop Wattenberg and Roberts (please god let this be true). We might have decent OL next year, if those 2 are our starting guards.

I curious to see how our edge guys develop. From the pictures/videos I have seen, Potoa'e, Warren, Rice, and Pulu looked physically ready to play that position (whether they can play is another story).

You might get your wish

Roberts and Watty might turn out ok but I'm looking for the guy who has to stop and adjust his package every few steps he takes because he's got swag and his balls are so big. The kind of guy who walks in the first day, smiles in the Lockeroom and then goes out and rips your tits off and takes a swing at you if you get offended.

He's the kind of guy you motherfuck in practice but when the games start, you're glad he's on your side. He's the guy who punches opposing DL and LBs in the dick and doesn't get caught. He's the guy who knows when to take selective cheap shot at the opposing DL who ran past one of our younger lineman, sacked our QB, and is dancing around in the backfield. He's smart enough to do it early in the game so it doesn't hurt his team.

I'm not sure that guy is on our roster today.
  • Options
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

You might get your wish

Roberts and Watty might turn out ok but I'm looking for the guy who has to stop and adjust his package every few steps he takes because he's got swag and his balls are so big. The kind of guy who walks in the first day, smiles in the Lockeroom and then goes out and rips your tits off and takes a swing at you if you get offended.

He's the kind of guy you motherfuck in practice but when the games start, you're glad he's on your side. He's the guy who punches opposing DL and LBs in the dick and doesn't get caught. He's the guy who knows when to take selective cheap shot at the opposing DL who ran past one of our younger lineman, sacked our QB, and is dancing around in the backfield. He's smart enough to do it early in the game so it doesn't hurt his team.

Hard to find a OKG with that type a trait. I am all for what you want. I just don't think Peterman will offer player like that.
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Jake benefited from having Ross around. Ross made our whole offense look potent. With him leaving we will average 10 points less.
    Hi, Kim!!!
  • Options
    CaptainPJ said:

Hi, Kim!!!
    HEYYYYY!!!
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

You might get your wish

Hard to find a OKG with that type a trait. I am all for what you want. I just don't think Peterman will offer player like that.
    Disagree. Our mystery Guard is a team first guy who hates losing more than he likes winning. A good student. Articulate and well mannered in public. He's the kind of young man all the older women in the AD wish their sons could be like and the one the uber diners want sitting at their banquet table telling sanitized tales of how the Dawgs won the big game.
  • Options
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

You might get your wish

Disagree. Our mystery Guard is a team first guy who hates losing more than he likes winning. A good student. Articulate and well mannered in public. He's the kind of young man all the older women in the AD wish their sons could be like and the one the uber diners want sitting at their banquet table telling sanitized tales of how the Dawgs won the big game.
    I think you are forgetting that Strausser is our coach. I don't think he can close the deal.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

You might get your wish

You mean ... we need a few Olin Kreutz types on the team?

Not sure if Petersen would go for that ...
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    Penn State had ONE sack and ONE hurry on Darnold.

Give Browning that level of protection and he'll kill it.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,968
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    doogie said:

Penn State had ONE sack and ONE hurry on Darnold.

Give Browning that level of protection and he'll kill it.

If you can't see the difference in arm strength and cajones, there's not much I can do for you.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    Darnold is the truth no doubt. Don't mean to insinuate anything else. But, it's my opinion that if Browning ever starts getting USC level protection consistently, his performance will increase