Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Thanks Ross!

2»

Comments

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

jecornel said:

jecornel said:

Qualls is next.

Budda Baker, Sidney Jones, Elijah Qualls and Vita Vea are leaning toward entering the draft early too, a team source told The Seattle Times.
    I hope Vita stays.
    You have to think with Vita that school might not be his thing and the quickest he can get to the league, the better. It took him an extra year after high school to get his stuff together.
    I truly believe, Vita is a top 15 talent. If he stays and improves his conditioning he will be the first DT taken in the 2018 draft. 1st round money sounds better than 2nd round.
  • doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,196 Swaye's Wigwam
    cant teams pay for insurance on the star players now? i thought i read that that was a new trend, which should diminish the injury concern of a guy like vea who could improve his draft position with another year.
  • digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,470
    Who replaces Ross' speed and quickness out wide? I don't think there's anyone on the roster who come close, not sure on the TBS front.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,356 Founders Club

jecornel said:

Qualls is next.

Budda Baker, Sidney Jones, Elijah Qualls and Vita Vea are leaning toward entering the draft early too, a team source told The Seattle Times.
    Any word on Kevin King?
    I hate you.
  • alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,858

jecornel said:

Qualls is next.

Budda Baker, Sidney Jones, Elijah Qualls and Vita Vea are leaning toward entering the draft early too, a team source told The Seattle Times.</blockquot

The only one that is really ready is Sidney Jones.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    doogville said:

cant teams pay for insurance on the star players now? i thought i read that that was a new trend, which should diminish the injury concern of a guy like vea who could improve his draft position with another year.

yeah, Lockner had one taken out when he decided to come back (10-15 mil) and Fournette had one this year for about 10 mil, however I think very few players have actually ever collect on it.

Oregon corner Ekpre-Olomu collected 3 mil after a season ending knee injury last year.

In general, costs 8,000 per million of coverage per season but extended family members can take out the policies and get the down payment money funneled to them via an agent or booster relatively easily. FSU, Oregon, and TAMU already have a school fund to pay for the premiums for its players that they see fit to receive a policy.

Since 1990 The NCAA also provides Exceptional Student-Athlete Disability Insurance, which is for career ending injuries, only a few players have ever collected.