Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Alabama DE Jonathan Allen on Washington: “They were soft"

Comments

• Options
    BrickSquadBrickSquad Member Posts: 1,658
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Fuck Allen for apparently tweeting that he didn't say we were soft yet there were multiple instances/accounts of him saying that we were or to that effect ...

Own up to your shit

What a pussy for not owning up to it
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,338
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Rumor is that on the break prior to final week of bowl prep Allen came home. He proceeded to pass out drunk in the basement of people I know and have partied with at their house. Next time I see them I will try to confirm.

Why do we hate him when he's one of us? I guess the not owning up to talking shit is a bitch move. But still.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Meek said:

Tequilla said:

Swaye said:

Tequilla said:

Swaye said:

Tequilla said:

Swaye said:

I know Harris got owned all night, but that kid has moxie for an undersized true freshman going against dudes who won't just play on Sundays, but will be all pros in the next few years. Hell of a test for anyone, let alone a 260 pound 18 year old. That said, we need dudes like Decastro, Shilling, Garnett and Fozzy to stay home and this game tonight is why.

Harris isn't good enough to play at the national level ... he MAY get better and to that level eventually but he isn't now and the fact that he plays is an indictment on our OL recruiting and to a lesser extent its development
    That's pretty much what I said. Kid has grit, and I love that, but we need kids like Fozzy and Garnett to stay home so that gritty guys like Nick Harris are only in when there is an injury. Maybe I was too subtle. Or too drunk. Or you think I'm RoadDawg.
    Maybe I'm too drunk or pissed off ...

That being said, we saw the standard today to compete at a national level ... there were more than a few areas that were not up to par for us - including Harris
    Agree. I love Harris now. And if he's the best we got, then you go with him. Not his fault we haven't recruited or developed anyone better. He left it all on the field and that's all you can ask. It's on the coaches that a 260 pound true freshman was out there against 300 pound death machines in the first place.
    This may be hard for some fucktards to understand but the bagging on Nick Harris isn't ON Nick Harris

maybe you were too subtle, but that is exactly what you said, implied, inferred and continued to express. you are not a fucking football god tequila; just some guy who was born with way too many words jammed into his body.

as swaye said, harris earned his husky legend with ossai that day. he stood in there and took it like a man and never quit. throughout the year he played a valuable role on the offense. yeah he got owned by a bunch of good d-linemen, but he shined in pulling and downfield run blocking with his speed and lateral movement.

The problem with Nick Harris is that right now he's the best we have at that position ... but to act like RIGHT NOW he's good enough to play on the national level is insane. We already knew against high end PAC teams he wasn't ready to play at that level. There's nothing surprising about what happened against Alabama. As was said on the TSIO podcast previewing this game, Nick Harris being on the field pretty much already suggested that we'd lose because they'd target him all game long ... that's what happened.

Now, you (and others) may think that my comments are being pissed at Nick Harris. They aren't. It's instead targeted at Chris Strausser and the process leading into our OL recruiting because to date we have not recruited well enough on the OL to match the recruiting quality that we are having in other positional groups on the field.

If you can't understand this, then FUCK OFF!!!
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    How about you fuck off. Make this place great again
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,069
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Our offensive scheme has always been soft. It's why it was such a pleasant surprise when we mauled teams with Dissly/Sample.

We complained about the scheme and Smith for two seasons. We put up big numbers this year so there wasn't as much to complain about, but USC and this game showed the scheme still kind of sucks.

It seemed to me that the basic scheme hasn't changed much (some new wrinkles), we just got better at the scheme and our players have gotten better - more mature Gaskin, Brownsocks, OL getting better, etc. Yeah, I basically think the scheme works well against decent to drecky teams, but still sucks against elite teams unless you have Clemsons receivers, Michigans OL, and some NFL QB to run it. It doesn't feel like we tailor things to the players we have, but instead to the players we want them to be...
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,104
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye said:

Our offensive scheme has always been soft. It's why it was such a pleasant surprise when we mauled teams with Dissly/Sample.

We complained about the scheme and Smith for two seasons. We put up big numbers this year so there wasn't as much to complain about, but USC and this game showed the scheme still kind of sucks.

It seemed to me that the basic scheme hasn't changed much (some new wrinkles), we just got better at the scheme and our players have gotten better - more mature Gaskin, Brownsocks, OL getting better, etc. Yeah, I basically think the scheme works well against decent to drecky teams, but still sucks against elite teams unless you have Clemsons receivers, Michigans OL, and some NFL QB to run it. It doesn't feel like we tailor things to the players we have, but instead to the players we want them to be...
    John Ross
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,069
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Mad_Son said:

Swaye said:

John Ross
    You knew what I meant. We share a telepathic link.
  • Options

The scheme could see some things that could be improved ... that's not debatable ...

But simply changing some of the scheme and expecting drastically different results with the existing player set is insanely foolish thinking
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Did WE use any max protect formations with Dissly/Sample?
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,961
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    As I said a long time ago, Harris will be Garcia at C after next season. He'll be a quick pulling tough C. It's too early to highlight what to watch for in Spring, but the development of Twattenberg and Roberts is critical. I loved Twatty's tape coming out of HS.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LG will be Wattenberg/Roberts. Obviously Fozzy could and probably will start if he comes. The rest will stay the same.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

The scheme could see some things that could be improved ... that's not debatable ...

But simply changing some of the scheme and expecting drastically different results with the existing player set is insanely foolish thinking
    What point are you even trying to make? Fuck, you're annoying.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

What point are you even trying to make? Fuck, you're annoying.
    The fact that you can't understand what I'm saying shows how fucking stupid you are ... so let me break this down into smaller words that perhaps your idiot ass can understand ...

1) Babushka is not a great or elite OC ... there are things that can get better

2) Scheme rarely covers large talent gaps ... OL not talented enough on the whole ... QB shits his pants under pressure worse than you do after eating rat infested pho, WRs are not big enough to make contested plays against big and fast CBs ...

3) New OC does not materially improve our offensive performance (today) against Alabama ... improvement comes from a) better players AND b) better scheme

Why don't you go talk with Little Jimmy to understand what being a Doog really is all about because you and him have the talking points down to an art form right now.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

If you don't want to be called soft then win the fucking game

Once the Tedford script was over you guys could have had twenty more possesions and still burried at seven points.

Lane Kiffen is the only reason that wasn't a 40 point game and he was fired for it.