Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Some Bitching, some Dooging, and some Rambling

RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
Playcalling gets too much attention at times, but it always hurts us in these types of games. Hate to bring up irrelevant points from the past, but there was a reason for the boring playcalling of the Don James teams.

Browning - Doogs might use the young QB/underclassman excuse but how does he get markedly better? Alabama is basically an NFL defense and you aren't beating them with a QB that has physical limitations.

OL - I've been loving these guys but Alabama is a different beast. Gotta keep developing. I would love to commit to using Dissly/Sample and being the baddest motherfucker on the block next year, but Petersen offenses have never really been like that.

DL - I know coach K is our DC, but he's the best DL coach in the country. How fucking good was Jaylen Johnson? Turpin, a guy written off by all of us long ago was making plays against Alabama.

LB- Did your job. Bob Gregory was a top 2-3 DC in the PAC 10 at Cal. He's our LB coach. But how is our d staff unbelievably good?

DB - All studs. No words for Baker. Please come back Jones. Kevin King you are the swaggiest dude on the team and not a pussy either. You have heart. Love all these fucking guys. We all know about Lake too.

Petersen, I was wrong about you. You know what the fuck you are doing. Still wish you had a slightly different philosophy on offense, but the stats show that is a somewhat crazy complaint.

I'm somewhat mad, a little disappointed, but you guys proved something all fucking season and made bitter fucks like me happily come along for the ride.

Comments

• Options
    DubSixGamerDubSixGamer Member Posts: 164
    5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Who's going to replace Kevin King and Sidney Jones next season? I'm excited to see what Byron Murphy can do.
  • Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Who's going to replace Kevin King and Sidney Jones next season? I'm excited to see what Byron Murphy can do.

Gardenhire should bridge the next DBs into the... oh
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Playcalling gets too much attention at times, but it always hurts us in these types of games. Hate to bring up irrelevant points from the past, but there was a reason for the boring playcalling of the Don James teams.

Browning - Doogs might use the young QB/underclassman excuse but how does he get markedly better? Alabama is basically an NFL defense and you aren't beating them with a QB that has physical limitations.

OL - I've been loving these guys but Alabama is a different beast. Gotta keep developing. I would love to commit to using Dissly/Sample and being the baddest motherfucker on the block next year, but Petersen offenses have never really been like that.

DL - I know coach K is our DC, but he's the best DL coach in the country. How fucking good was Jaylen Johnson? Turpin, a guy written off by all of us long ago was making plays against Alabama.

LB- Did your job. Bob Gregory was a top 2-3 DC in the PAC 10 at Cal. He's our LB coach. But how is our d staff unbelievably good?

DB - All studs. No words for Baker. Please come back Jones. Kevin King you are the swaggiest dude on the team and not a pussy either. You have heart. Love all these fucking guys. We all know about Lake too.

Petersen, I was wrong about you. You know what the fuck you are doing. Still wish you had a slightly different philosophy on offense, but the stats show that is a somewhat crazy complaint.

I'm somewhat mad, a little disappointed, but you guys proved something all fucking season and made bitter fucks like me happily come along for the ride.

Down voted because Babushka
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,722
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Jordan Miller.
  • Options
    BearsWiin said:

The UW team this year won as many games as the 1991 team did. I think any Huskieie fan at the beginning of the season would have been tumescent the whole month of August if they'd known then that UW would win 12 games.

Cal scored more points against UW than Bama did. Or USC, for that matter.

That 91 team didn't play as many games as this team.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    BearsWiin said:

The UW team this year won as many games as the 1991 team did. I think any Huskieie fan at the beginning of the season would have been tumescent the whole month of August if they'd known then that UW would win 12 games.

sounds like an extension for @SonnyDykes is in order
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam

Jordan Miller.
    Miller, Murphy, Love, Joyner. There are some guys. We almost certainly will have some drop off, but the pass rush will be better and should help.

We play an easy schedule again to let them get situated. The guy I think who will be the biggest loss is Budda Baker. If he comes back..... It's probably wishful thinking but he knows what Lawyer Milloy and Petersen say about him. Maybe it convinces him to try to win a title and go out as possibly the fucking guy of UW football next to Empterman.
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,948
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye said:

BearsWiin said:

Da fuq is a tumescent?
    tu·mes·cent
    t(y)o͞oˈmes(ə)nt/
    adjective
    adjective: tumescent

swollen or becoming swollen, especially as a response to sexual arousal.
    (especially of language or literary style) pompous or pretentious; tumid.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,816
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Good post Road
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,084
    Swaye's Wigwam
    losing sucks no matter the opponent but a lot better than shit like 65-7 to Miami. A few tweaks here and there and some talent upgrade and we are not that far off.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,314
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    this is headed for the front page. Well done Roadie-san
  • Options
    We need to find a goon who can defend the edge. Wooching and that white guy is ass.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

this is headed for the front page. Well done Roadie-san

My bottom dad is smiling with pride as my partner cries of happiness.
  • Options
    @RoadDawg55 just one dad is smiling or both?