Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

It's Really Simple ...

2»

Comments

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    AEB said:

Tequilla said:

Needed to win turnover margin ... instead -2 for -10 points in 1st half

Bama dumbed down offense to be one read and run for Hurts ...

We were doing a lot of good things with motions and shifts working way down field ... TD to Pettis really well defined ...

Then we got greedy when 10-7 down at half with shit field position all half was ok ...

Nick Harris has gotten owned all half ... blitz on pick 6 was right at RG/C gap

McGary missed the read on this play. He looks to his left and he sees the blitzer. His man faded back and had the INT. That's a play made by an inexperienced OT.
    I'm not 100% on this but this was obviously great design by Alabama ...

Harris slid in for a double team block with Shelton exposing the hole ...

What to me it exposes is how you can be vulnerable on the OL when you have to help because asking McGary to read that peel off BEFORE it happens AND get to the inside is asking a lot ...

And the idea of just turning him loose on the outside IF he was coming is insanely dangerous
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,075 Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

I keep seeing some of you all post that UW should have just kept running the ball. Do you think a 3 yard and a cloud of dust strategy would have worked in the 2nd half?

You're on to Clemson. Thanks for the visiting. Now, fuck off and LEAVE!
    Nah I'm going to stick around. I like this place
    I'd recommend Swayes Wigwam (We need to keep OUR Pirate Ship afloat). Derek, will help you with the arrangements.

In the interim, PM @IrishDawg22 to get dialed in and for a HH welcome kit.
    Just to tempt him more, a photo of the welcome basket:

If it's not a real sweat lodge with some Greco Roman wrestling thrown in I'm out!
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Sledog said:

Swaye said:

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

I keep seeing some of you all post that UW should have just kept running the ball. Do you think a 3 yard and a cloud of dust strategy would have worked in the 2nd half?

I'd recommend Swayes Wigwam (We need to keep OUR Pirate Ship afloat). Derek, will help you with the arrangements.

If it's not a real sweat lodge with some Greco Roman wrestling thrown in I'm out!
    I always knew you would dial this place in.

I just didn't think it would happen so soon.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited January 2017
    Tequilla said:

AEB said:

Tequilla said:

We were doing a lot of good things with motions and shifts working way down field ... TD to Pettis really well defined ...

Then we got greedy when 10-7 down at half with shit field position all half was ok ...

McGary missed the read on this play. He looks to his left and he sees the blitzer. His man faded back and had the INT. That's a play made by an inexperienced OT.

What to me it exposes is how you can be vulnerable on the OL when you have to help because asking McGary to read that peel off BEFORE it happens AND get to the inside is asking a lot ...

And the idea of just turning him loose on the outside IF he was coming is insanely dangerous
    Tough to know whose fault it was. Pete said post game it was a terrible play call for that blitz.

I would be interested to watch UW coaches break it down because I honestly don't know.

Saban and Alabama's DC won the chess match on that play. RB does not stay in to protect and a guy comes in untouched.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288

RUNNING THE FUCKING BALL IS A GOOD START

No Pac 10 team will ever run the ball successfully against Bama and win. That's like saying it's possible @Passion can stop being a doog.
  • tenndawgtenndawg Member Posts: 1,161
    Je-zuz fuck man

This place is ascending to the realm of opening discussing His & His self lubricating spiked anal rammers and some of you are interjecting foitball comments ?

RED ZONE could have a hole new meaning
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,356 Founders Club
    tenndawg said:

Je-zuz fuck man

This place is ascending to the realm of opening discussing His & His self lubricating spiked anal rammers and some of you are interjecting foitball comments ?

RED ZONE could have a hole new meaning

This place is a 50/50 proposition.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,898 Founders Club

Yes and that's even down 10 points. You keep plugging away at the run and get 3-3.5 yards. Make Bama start to respect that then go to some play action or motion to empty/1-back set for quick throws.

The result might still 24-7 at the end of the game but it's a better fucking chance of being something other than 24-7 if you go down running.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,075 Standard Supporter

Sledog said:

Swaye said:

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Sven I just like dialing up your blood pressure.
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646

Tequilla said:

AEB said:

Tequilla said:

Tough to know whose fault it was. Pete said post game it was a terrible play call for that blitz.

I would be interested to watch UW coaches break it down because I honestly don't know.

Saban and Alabama's DC won the chess match on that play. RB does not stay in to protect and a guy comes in untouched.
    It was just a perfect play call by Bama. Anderson (who made the INT) on that play is blitzing until he's not.

So basically he is going to come and blitz from the edge, but once he sees the RB go to the flat he peels and drops to coverage. I don't really think this is on Kaleb because by all rights Anderson was coming until the RB went to the flat (Which Kaleb wouldn't know). Just really shit timing and a great blitz call by Bama.
  • AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,971

Tequilla said:

AEB said:

Tequilla said:

It was just a perfect play call by Bama. Anderson (who made the INT) on that play is blitzing until he's not.

So basically he is going to come and blitz from the edge, but once he sees the RB go to the flat he peels and drops to coverage. I don't really think this is on Kaleb because by all rights Anderson was coming until the RB went to the flat (Which Kaleb wouldn't know). Just really shit timing and a great blitz call by Bama.
    It was a great playcall for sure. In my view it was a classic zone blitz, and it was intended for the T to hesitate. Anderson doesn't rush at all. The DL also crosses Harris's face, so the G has to go with him leaving the gap open. I chalk up the miss to inexperience at T, however this was an NFL D type of call which you would expect with Saban coaching that talent. McGary has now seen it, and frankly a best case scenario is McGary punching the blitzer slowing him up a step. Jake's got to do a better job there, a) reading the blitz and knowing where to go with the ball, and/or b) understand the game situation in all cases and if in doubt throw it away.

I love McGary. He's improving almost every game and will maul people next year and stone them in the pass rush.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Swaye said:

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Sven I just like dialing up your blood pressure.
    Wanna cyber?
  • AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    AEB said:

Tequilla said:

AEB said:

Tequilla said:

It was a great playcall for sure. In my view it was a classic zone blitz, and it was intended for the T to hesitate. Anderson doesn't rush at all. The DL also crosses Harris's face, so the G has to go with him leaving the gap open. I chalk up the miss to inexperience at T, however this was an NFL D type of call which you would expect with Saban coaching that talent. McGary has now seen it, and frankly a best case scenario is McGary punching the blitzer slowing him up a step. Jake's got to do a better job there, a) reading the blitz and knowing where to go with the ball, and/or b) understand the game situation in all cases and if in doubt throw it away.

I love McGary. He's improving almost every game and will maul people next year and stone them in the pass rush.
    I read several comments by people that really know the Xs and Os of defensive football that Bama's zone blitz designs and disguise are at the NFL level.

I really wasn't surprised to read that.