Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,454
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    9th time is a charm! (this is not an exaggeration)

"During Whittingham’s 10 seasons as head coach, he has had eight offensive coordinators, seven in the last seven years — Andy Ludwig, Dave Schramm, Schramm/Aaron Roderick, Norm Chow, Brian Johnson, Dennis Erickson, Dave Christensen and now Roderick/Harding."
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    DeepSeaZ said:

I had no idea Dennis Erickson was still alive

Hell of a recruiter for us, he will be missed.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    89ute said:
    In other news, One Shot Charlie's anticipates record sales in 2017.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,540
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    But how is Whittingham a Doog Legend?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

89ute said:
    He's partial to High West Whiskey, so maybe he sticks around here.
  • Options
    AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer
    89ute said:

89ute said:
    He's partial to High West Whiskey, so maybe he sticks around here.
    Dennis is partial to alcohol.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,604
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    I would love to party with DE.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This guy's name popping up. Marques Tuiasosopo
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    edited December 2016
    Sources: Interested candidates flooding the Utah Football Ops Call Center. The opportunity to mold this clay? Priceless.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,095
    89ute said:

Im slrry
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    89ute said:

9th time is a charm! (this is not an exaggeration)

"During Whittingham’s 10 seasons as head coach, he has had eight offensive coordinators, seven in the last seven years — Andy Ludwig, Dave Schramm, Schramm/Aaron Roderick, Norm Chow, Brian Johnson, Dennis Erickson, Dave Christensen and now Roderick/Harding."

Uhhhhhh

Holy shit. Lol
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,915
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Doesn't he get any credit for...

THE RETIREE!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,915
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    89ute said:

That would be a great choice. At Tui's current job, he was handed the #1 QB recruit in the nation and turned him into a complete pussy,
  • Options
    ThumpThump Member Posts: 793
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Is the statute of limitations over for Ericsson's DWI here in Washington?

Maybe he'd be willing to come back and work as an offensive consultant and tutor for The Munchkin. I presume they had an okay working relationship from their days at OSU.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    Mosster47 said:

DeepSeaZ said:

True story on Dennis Erickson when he was the front man for ASU. I am coaching at a private Catholic school in Chandler, AZ. I have the best QB in the metro and ASU is recruiting him. Anyways, Erickson wants him to go to his office and they set up a time. My QB asks me to go with him, so I do.

It's 9am. We get to the football complex and his secretary says "let me make sure he is ready." She pokes her head in the door, turns and looks back at us and gives a fake smile with saying through her teeth "I guess you can just go in."

We walk in and he is hunched over face down flat into his desk. It smells like Lynchburg, Tennessee in this office. I kind of say reall loudly "Hey Coach!" He jumps up like a frog on a dynamite pond shaking our hands and asking us all kinds of questions. It was all the same canned recruiting bullshit I've heard a million times but the kid was excited. It was all very slurred and he was all over the place though. So, after twenty minutes Dennis tells us he has to get out to practice but he wants us to stick around and watch.

It's twenty minutes later and we are standing on the side of their practice field and Erickson comes walking by. I say "Hey Coach" and he looks right at me and gives me that stare, the stare a drunk gives you when he comes back from the bathroom and he doesn't remember who you are, even though he just told you his life story right before he went to go piss.

He jumped the shark in the 90's.
    Cool story.
  • Options
    AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer
    Mosster47 said:

DeepSeaZ said:

True story on Dennis Erickson when he was the front man for ASU. I am coaching at a private Catholic school in Chandler, AZ. I have the best QB in the metro and ASU is recruiting him. Anyways, Erickson wants him to go to his office and they set up a time. My QB asks me to go with him, so I do.

It's 9am. We get to the football complex and his secretary says "let me make sure he is ready." She pokes her head in the door, turns and looks back at us and gives a fake smile with saying through her teeth "I guess you can just go in."

We walk in and he is hunched over face down flat into his desk. It smells like Lynchburg, Tennessee in this office. I kind of say reall loudly "Hey Coach!" He jumps up like a frog on a dynamite pond shaking our hands and asking us all kinds of questions. It was all the same canned recruiting bullshit I've heard a million times but the kid was excited. It was all very slurred and he was all over the place though. So, after twenty minutes Dennis tells us he has to get out to practice but he wants us to stick around and watch.

It's twenty minutes later and we are standing on the side of their practice field and Erickson comes walking by. I say "Hey Coach" and he looks right at me and gives me that stare, the stare a drunk gives you when he comes back from the bathroom and he doesn't remember who you are, even though he just told you his life story right before he went to go piss.

He jumped the shark in the 90's.
    Sounds about right.