Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    In the comments section: why do I smell dirtbag with lupoi. Kiffin, sark, and lupoi. All working for saban.. the little man saban who acts like a giant. Couldn't hack it in the NFL. Prob cuz grown men can't stand the little general trying to be a big boy.

@salemcoog / @HarveyRoad True?!?
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,099
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    BearsWiin said:

Fuck that guy. Can't believe that so many on BI would actually seriously consider him for DC at Cal, after what he did to us. Fuck him, with extreme prejudice.

Why do people think he'd be a good dc?
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,099
    BearsWiin said:

Mad_Son said:

BearsWiin said:

Fuck that guy. Can't believe that so many on BI would actually seriously consider him for DC at Cal, after what he did to us. Fuck him, with extreme prejudice.

Why do people think he'd be a good dc?
    Because at times he's been a successful recruiter since he's really a teenager in an older body, so he relates well to the recruits yada yada. What it really boils down to is that people are stupid. And desperate.
    That's basically what I was guessing. Thanks.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I always thought Vita Vea was a late addition by Petersen, but the article said Tosh helped recruit him.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

I always thought Vita Vea was a late addition by Petersen, but the article said Tosh helped recruit him.

He was. Tosh recruited him before he came to UW, but it was Pete who signed him. It's a dawgman narrative that TL delivered Vea to UW and then Pete just took him.
  • Options
    El_KEl_K Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,109
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He got us Shaq Thompson
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,921
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Tosh was looking at Vea when he was coaching under Sark. He wasn't recruiting him that hard because Vita had almost no chance of getting into UW (which is strange because Andrew Basham). Anyways, when Petersen came on board, he ended up signing Vea a year or 2 later.

So Tosh technically "recruited" Vea to UW at one time, but had nothing to do with the process when he actually came to UW.
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    #ToshDayMassacre
  • Options
    ThumpThump Member Posts: 793
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    BearsWiin said:

It would be cool if he became the DC at Cal, but directed the best recruits to UW or Bama.