Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

We're still too young

Talked to a buddy today who's a Sark defender. He mentioned that we're still too young and immature as a team. Again, I asked him whose fault is that? Then you hear on fagman that you can't win when you rely on underclassmen to play. Besides the fact we're a fairly veteran team. But UCfuckingLA is playing SEVENTEEN true freshman this year. Seventeen. And they don't have their own version of Kimberly running around making excuses that they're young because they don't fucking have to. They're winning. And they're young. I was led to believe the two were mutually exclusive.

Comments

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Your buddy loves to suck cocks under the Aurora Bridge.

Oregon's offense was a bunch of underclassmen and they plungered Washington.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,333
    edited October 2013
    Yet Oregon's best offensive players today were sophomore's and freshmen minus Huff.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    edited October 2013
    Hopefully these facts can interrupt your citrus-infused friend's fantasy:

1. Alabama won the natty the last two years.
    2. Alabama played a dozen true freshmen last year with 3 or 4 starters depending on game.
    3. Alabama has 11 true freshmen on the 2-deeps with 4 starting. Thirteen have played this year.

Is Alabama too young to be #1?

• Do the Huskies get any real contributions from their true freshman this year?

Every contributor but Shaq Thompson is either a senior or a junior. This was supposed to be the year.

This team has talent, experience, and caught Oregon without their best player.

Sark will NEVER BEAT OREGON!
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    This is an artifact of the Don James era. When he had 281 players on scholarship and you didn't have to play freshman.

It hasn't been that way for a long time but because it was that way when UW was good people still think it's true.

Rick won a Rose Bowl with Rich Alexis, Roc Alexander, Greg Carothers and even the terrible Chris Massey playing pivotal roles on the team.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    edited October 2013

Do the Huskies get any real contributions from their true freshman this year?

Every contributor but Shaq Thompson is either a senior or a junior. This was supposed to be the year.

two wins has been a disappointment. And it seems like none of our vaunted WR's are making any kind of a contribution while at the same time none of them are redshirting
  • That 1990 team who won the Rose Bowl was virtually all sophomores and juniors.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    dhdawg said:

two wins has been a disappointment. And it seems like none of our vaunted WR's are making any kind of a contribution while at the same time none of them are redshirting
    I'll help you out here: it's not John Ross or Kasen or Jaydon Mickens, it's Sark misusing them. The guy likes to talk about the players hitting a wall or some other bullshit, but then you see (like in the Stanford game) the same guys making plays and keeping this shit competitive despite the worst efforts of the hc.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326

dhdawg said:

I'll help you out here: it's not John Ross or Kasen or Jaydon Mickens, it's Sark misusing them. The guy likes to talk about the players hitting a wall or some other bullshit, but then you see (like in the Stanford game) the same guys making plays and keeping this shit competitive despite the worst efforts of the hc.
    water is wet
  • dhdawg said:

That is so fucking annoying. How many true freshman this year have had their redshirts burned by not actually doing anything?

I understand not redshirting Ross as he does play some. However Daniels, Stringfellow, I believe Mathis and a few other DL have already played when they didn't need to.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    The Daniels and Stringfellow burns are some Cody "gritty" Bruns shit

dhdawg said:

That is so fucking annoying. How many true freshman this year have had their redshirts burned by not actually doing anything?

I understand not redshirting Ross as he does play some. However Daniels, Stringfellow, I believe Mathis and a few other DL have already played when they didn't need to.
  • Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650
    Good to great talent - clueless HC = 7-6. It is a perpetuity as long as Sark is HC.

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited October 2013
    Young? There's not one starter other than Evan Hudson (who is a JR) who had not started multiple games before this season.
  • DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180

dhdawg said:

!

The shitty part is that Sark says it's ok to burn these redshirts to make our special teams better. Well then how come our special teams fucking sucks, then? And why does the lapdog press never call him on his shit?
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    look, "team is young" is a perennial fall back excuse that has been in use as long as water has been wet. If that doesn't work, you will hear about the injuries.

Is the team young? Of course they are: they are late teens early twenties. Do you hate it when people ask and answer their own fucking questions? Of course you do.