Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

You guys just don't get it

BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
After a particularly puzzling lack of effort to win a game that was very, very winnable I always find it strange that our fans jump on the board and start screaming about how Mike Leach go outcoached. But frankly folks, Leach's system got us where we are, his ideas have turned a rundown program into a winning program, and he has recruited talent where previously there was none. I honestly dont ascribe these type of losses, (i.e. Holiday Bowl, Eastern Washington, Portland State, Gilden New Mexico Bowl, etc...), to Mike Leach or anything he does.

It has something to do with the performance of our players, wouldn't you agree?

Comments

• Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Time for the D word.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,906
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Leech lost because he asbergered out on his three pass plays.

• Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,121
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I hear storage sheds do wonders for player motivation
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,999
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Baseman said:
    I can say with 100 % confidence - Mary Poppins took payola for that perfect assist.

There is no other possible explanation.

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753

It's odd how the coug fans have definitely adopted a "we're just happy to be here" attitude after the Minnesota game.

The game they obviously care more about is the Peach Bowl

It changed to "we are just happy to be here" after they lost. They very much gloated and presumed an easy win up until that point. Now of course bowl games are for the players and not the fans.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

It's odd how the coug fans have definitely adopted a "we're just happy to be here" attitude after the Minnesota game.

Says the Doog poster on a Doog board replying to the 12th thread about the Holiday Bowl. on said Doog board.
  • Options
    FenwickFenwick Member Posts: 1,174
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Awesomes
    THey beat orreGOn which is All that matterS. So,meonw pls fill my glasss.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    Fenwick said:

THey beat orreGOn which is All that matterS. So,meonw pls fill my glasss.

@beelzebub hacked your account.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    What number jersey was that Leach kid wearing that you talk about? Didn't see him on the field making mistakes even after I went back and looked again at the DVR. Didn't see a Leach on the field but I saw a QB that took too many sacks for large loss of yards instead of throwing the ball away, saw receivers drop passes and saw a Gophers team that took a good Penn State team to OT and that was fired up and had nothing to lose. More often than not, this is the team that ends up winning a bowl game.

If you are referring to the coach, I would love for you to add up the number of wins between 2004-2011 and 2012-2016. Im guessing the two numbers are pretty close. Not sure who the masses that want Leach out want to coach this team, but there is not a huge lineup of people waiting to be the head coach in Pullman.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,906
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2016

What number jersey was that Leach kid wearing that you talk about? Didn't see him on the field making mistakes even after I went back and looked again at the DVR. Didn't see a Leach on the field but I saw a QB that took too many sacks for large loss of yards instead of throwing the ball away, saw receivers drop passes and saw a Gophers team that took a good Penn State team to OT and that was fired up and had nothing to lose. More often than not, this is the team that ends up winning a bowl game.

If you are referring to the coach, I would love for you to add up the number of wins between 2004-2011 and 2012-2016. Im guessing the two numbers are pretty close. Not sure who the masses that want Leach out want to coach this team, but there is not a huge lineup of people waiting to be the head coach in Pullman.

I would suck dick by the beer cooler at the 7-11 on Aurora in the U District for $2.75 million per year and a perpetual contract rollover.

GTFO out here with that bullshit about nobody lining up to coach P5 football.

• Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    salemcoog said:

Says the Doog poster on a Doog board replying to the 12th thread about the Holiday Bowl. on said Doog board.
    Says the coog poster who talks shit for his sorry excuse for a football program on the doog bored.

How did that whole "adding another pelt" thing work for Leach against Petersen this year?
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

salemcoog said:

Says the coog poster who talks shit for his sorry excuse for a football program on the doog bored.

How did that whole "adding another pelt" thing work for Leach against Petersen this year?
    Sounds like you remembered and that you care. You really really care.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Uconn rehired Randy Edsall, the man who boarded a plane for maryland while his team flew home from the Fiesta Bowl, only to find out that he never got on their plane and took the Maryland job when they turned on their phones at the end of the flight home.

lol