Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Few opponents have prepared Washington for Alabama

Comments

• Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Browning is the weak link.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,120
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    But why does the pac-12 suck?
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,003
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Might as well not even play the game then
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,237
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Same could be said of Ole Miss. SEC sucks this year, and except for FSU their OOC sucked too. But they managed to play Bama straight up. Not saying the Huskies win this game but they have a legitimate shot at challenging.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Bama is great & all. No question. But the SEC is hardly better than the Pac12 from it's 3rd place teams on down, and the Big10 is, as always, overrated. I predict SC wins the Rose Bowl and WA handily beats the spread vs. Bama if they don't win outright.

Where I agree with doubters is that Jake is the weak link on offense, further handicapped by Smiffy's shitty play-calling.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,143
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Bama is great & all. No question. But the SEC is hardly better than the Pac12 from it's 3rd place teams on down, and the Big10 is, as always, overrated. I predict SC wins the Rose Bowl and WA handily beats the spread vs. Bama if they don't win outright.

Where I agree with doubters is that Jake is the weak link on offense, further handicapped by Smiffy's shitty play-calling.

If Smith goes full retard against Bama on national TV, it could take years to repair the PR damage
  • Options
    ThumpThump Member Posts: 793
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited December 2016

If Smith goes full retard against Bama on national TV, it could take years to repair the PR damage
    Looking for the silver lining in that event though, it could also finally get Smith fired.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,095
    Thump said:

Looking for the silver lining in that event though, it could also finally get Smith fired.
    Alabama's defense was just too good. No one could have reasonably been expected to score more than 4 points against it.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753

My argument all season long, and last, is that Smiff can't help himself. It's the pathological plight of a former over-achieving OSU QB who thinks the team can and must pass it's way out of a hole, no matter how shallow or deep. It's a similar affliction to the Willingham teams that tried evermore complicated trick plays when they couldn't block for a 3 yard run. Desperate is what Smiffy becomes at the slightest hint of difficulty.

That said, for some reason the Colorado game was different. Did CP finally put his foot down? Did the O-Line corner Smiff and threaten to break him in half? Did the WR's argue to balance the run game open up the passing game? Whatever it was, it was a major shift in play calling and a slight reason for optimism.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Or Peterman could fire him on the 50 and instantly boost the PR.