Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hawai'i Bowl Game Thread

What a lousy crowd. Maybe 300 people?

Comments

• Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    EwaDawg said:

Meth heads and geriatrics don't go to pointless football games.

Hawaii used to be THE place to get away, but now it's where hipsters that can't even make it in Portland go to really suck at life and old people go to die. It was Miami before this. It will be somewhere else warm next. My money is on Corpus.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,000
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited December 2016
    Mosster47 said:

EwaDawg said:

Meth heads and geriatrics don't go to pointless football games.

Hawaii used to be THE place to get away, but now it's where hipsters that can't even make it in Portland go to really suck at life and old people go to die. It was Miami before this. It will be somewhere else warm next. My money is on Corpus.
    Well. Some one has to be a contrarian (and TOTALLY FUCKING WRONG). Might as well be the stupid fucking resident quook.

Sure, it isn't everyone's cup of tea, but it is hardly the mature destination that some make it out to be. Unpresidented (shout out to the stupid fucking president elect) REVPAR (occupancies and average rates) and increasing real estate prices don't support your ridiculous and uninformed view.

HTH
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited December 2016
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Mosster47 said:
    What part of old, rich and white do you not understand?

Do you always try to prove your invalid points with unsubstantiated estimates?

Sorry, I just realized that you know NOTHING about business. A mature destination does not refer to the age of the people.

My God, you are SUPER FUCKING DENSE.

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    This gayme surged me from 3rd to 1st in my pickem woo
  • Options
    What dreckfest
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    edited December 2016
    Gotta agree with EwaDawg on this one. My house in Hawaii Kai has appreciated ridiculously over the past six years, almost doubling in value, and it wasn't cheap to begin with.

The bowl game has sucked ever since they changed from the Aloha Bowl to the Hawaii Bowl. I went to three of them, and left early every time.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    AZDuck said:

Gotta agree with EwaDawg on this one. My house in Hawaii Kai has appreciated ridiculously over the past six years, almost doubling in value, and it wasn't cheap to begin with.

The bowl game has sucked ever since they changed from the Aloha Bowl to the Hawaii Bowl. I went to three of them, and left early every time.

Could not believe that the cheapest ticket (stub hub, etc) that I could find for the Bowl game was $25. My comment was more related to the fucked up marketing for this game and not that Hawaii is better than the shithole you live in (EVERYONE KNOWS IT IS MOOOSTER). Regardless, I am happy for coach Rolo and the fact that UH climbed to .500 this year despite thrashings by Michigan, Boise, SDSU, Arizona and Cal.

Seriously, you can't go wrong with real estate in Hawaii IF you are willing to hold on for a few years. I've been underwater more than a few times but most of my holdings have doubled in value in a little over ten years.

Regardless of what trailer trash jealous types say [like P(lease) G(ape) O(ur) S(hitholes)]- the Hawaii market is no where near the end of its life cycle. I will be retired (maybe dead), having realized all my paper profits, long before this market tanks. Most have already paid back the initial investment.

Many of those stupid fuckers quit coming here when they stopped wanting to pay the price for a trip to paradise. Yes there may be better values elsewhere. But that doesn't mean those that can afford it will stop coming here and continuing to drive a sellers market.

• Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    You actually went to that game? Christ...
  • Options
    edited December 2016

You actually went to that game? Christ...

No. Boycotted UH this year since the $99 annual season tickets only included six home games. Too pricy for the product.

Would have gone to this game if tickets could be had for less than $10 each.

If you know UH football, you know games are rarely on TV because of the OTWC pay per view.

This was on ESPN or one of its affiliates.

Christ. Does the stupid on this board EVER end?

READING COMPREHENSION. TRY IT SOMETIME. OR NOT. We'll just keep laughing at your stupid ass.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,557
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I don't need to buy in Hawaii because I live in California
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    edited December 2016

I don't need to buy in Hawaii because I live in California

Ocean water too cold. Fresh water too rare and when you do have it, too disgusting to drink.

Also, houses with proximity to the beach now cost as much as houses in Hawaii.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    AZDuck said:

Humble Real Estate brag