Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Yeah i think we all

creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,074
Knew we weren't looking at a top 5 team last week.

Comments

• Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,174
    Stanford played well against ASU is all. They are in for harsh reality. This was a year to win the North. Upset Oregon and it should have been a cakewalk...
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,074
    Mad_Son said:

Stanford played well against ASU is all. They are in for harsh reality. This was a year to win the North. Upset Oregon and it should have been a cakewalk...

Still think they give Oregon a game at home. Unlike UW, Stanford has the front 7 to make Mariota uncomfortable.

But then again, they will have Thomas back by then, and what was most depressing to me today was that we didn't have to deal with him and this still happened. You can't emphasize that enough. Fuck Huff being on the sideline for most of the first half. Fuck losing Lylera. Those are mere details. Thomas is on another level of dangerous altogether.

The opening kickoff that Addison returned for whatever yards? My seats are now high enough to see the patterns very well, and Addison wasn't fast enough to blow through a nice hole - Thomas houses that kickoff guaranfuckingteed. Never mind what he does to a defense even just being on the field, whether he gets the ball or not. There is nobody else like him - on the Oregon roster or otherwise. He is the closest thing I've seen to Reggie Bush in terms of just being a fucking game changer that you HAVE to account for on every fucking snap that he's on the field. Dealing with him is a fucking nightmare, and Wilcox and Sarkesian had the very nice luxury of not having to do it.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,333
    Addison doesn't have great top speed, but he's elusive and has great hands. That dude is impressive

Addison doesn't have great top speed, but he's elusive and has great hands. That dude is impressive

not disputing that he is a problem for a defense. big play kid and runs smart. but I've been somewhat surprised at how slow he is when he breaks one ... I just meant to say that the wedge I saw today would have sprung Thomas for a score. He houses that one with little doubt. Addison couldn't because he couldn't accelerate like DAT can.

• greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,333

not disputing that he is a problem for a defense. big play kid and runs smart. but I've been somewhat surprised at how slow he is when he breaks one ... I just meant to say that the wedge I saw today would have sprung Thomas for a score. He houses that one with little doubt. Addison couldn't because he couldn't accelerate like DAT can.

He accelerates fine, but he doesn't have great top speed. On the 75 yarder last week against Colorado, he almost got caught from behind.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    David Shaw gave the game away. 3rd and 2 and you call 2 passes? WTF?

Last year after UW beat them everyone said Stanford was a 7-8 win team. Utah is deceptively good at home. They hung with UCLA.

Stanford's D struggles against the tempo. The game against Oregon last year was the aberration.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Last year after UW beat them everyone said Stanford was a 7-8 win team. Utah is deceptively good at home. They hung with UCLA.

Stanford's D struggles against the tempo. The game against Oregon last year was the aberration.

David Shaw tried to give two games in a row away by getting cute on offense.

He might be the guy regressing from his predecessor, despite the Rose Bowl win.

Did anyone really and truly think Furd would never miss Harbaugh and that Shaw would keep this thing going at the same level indefinitely?

He's much more likely to Larry Coker the Cardinal than he is to maintain Harbaugh's program.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Did anyone really and truly think Furd would never miss Harbaugh and that Shaw would keep this thing going at the same level indefinitely?

He's much more likely to Larry Coker the Cardinal than he is to maintain Harbaugh's program.
    I've thought that for a while. The last two weeks just confirmed it.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    The WSU and ASU games put me on the Stanford bandwagon but before that I was saying they'd be in trouble without the tight ends. Montgomery is the only offensive threat they have. If we kick the ball out of bounds all game we probably win by 10. They will have a good season but I think they've peaked as a program.
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959

The WSU and ASU games put me on the Stanford bandwagon but before that I was saying they'd be in trouble without the tight ends. Montgomery is the only offensive threat they have. If we kick the ball out of bounds all game we probably win by 10. They will have a good season but I think they've peaked as a program.

It took a year longer than I expected but the Harbaugh shine has finally worn off. Shaw is a nobody.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,141 Founders Club
    I want Shaw to fail just so the KobeStopper can say he was right
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,861 Founders Club

I want Shaw to fail just so the KobeStopper can say he was right

That's a classy thing to say.
  • DeLarryDeLarry Member Posts: 230
    Think about it: where would Stanford be right now had they hired Shaw in 2007 instead of Harbaugh? Exactly.
  • DeLarry said:

Think about it: where would Stanford be right now had they hired Shaw Sark in 2007 instead of Harbaugh? Exactly.

Sorry Doogs but Harbaugh took over a bigger mess at Stanford than Sark did. He turned fucking Stanford into BCS bound in only four years!

If Sark were here a decade(god forbid) UW would never sniff a BCS game EVER!
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,798
  • TTJ said:

Shaw = Lambo

Disagree he won a Rose Bowl and popped off. Lambo couldn't even get there.