Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Austin "Auzzy" Osbourne, 2018 WR, Mission Viejo HA, CA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

dhdawg said:

Do we really have room in this class for 2 TE'S assuming we get culp?

I believe both Dissly and Ajamu will be graduating so it makes sense. This staff has prioritized TE numbers more than any I can recall, but it obviously seems to be working for them.
    We are essentially gaining 3 this year and only losing Darrell Daniels, however. I think that 1 is a necessity, but I wouldn't pass on depth a 3rd DT for another TE.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

dhdawg said:

I believe both Dissly and Ajamu will be graduating so it makes sense. This staff has prioritized TE numbers more than any I can recall, but it obviously seems to be working for them.
    We are essentially gaining 3 this year and only losing Darrell Daniels, however. I think that 1 is a necessity, but I wouldn't pass on depth a 3rd DT for another TE.
    I understand that, I just think this staff obviously loading up on TE for a reason. Also, I think by UW roster numbers they subtracted Daniels and Lindquist from the TE depth, but I could be wrong on that.
  • Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dhdawg said:

I understand that, I just think this staff obviously loading up on TE for a reason. Also, I think by UW roster numbers they subtracted Daniels and Lindquist from the TE depth, but I could be wrong on that.
    I guess you're right about Lindquist. I knew he was technically a TE, but I thought it was more in name than anything. If that is the case, I guess 7 TEs is the number they're comfortable with.
  • Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

dhdawg said:

I guess you're right about Lindquist. I knew he was technically a TE, but I thought it was more in name than anything. If that is the case, I guess 7 TEs is the number they're comfortable with.
    Going two TE's in this class also allows them to take Culp and decide if he's really a receiver or a TE later. Really wouldn't be shocked if they recruit him at receiver and take 3 WR/1 TE, but in actuality they know he'll be moving to TE down the line. This has the double benefit of giving the kid what he wants AND getting more productivity out of #MyBush.
  • Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dhdawg said:

Going two TE's in this class also allows them to take Culp and decide if he's really a receiver or a TE later. Really wouldn't be shocked if they recruit him at receiver and take 3 WR/1 TE, but in actuality they know he'll be moving to TE down the line. This has the double benefit of giving the kid what he wants AND getting more productivity out of #MyBush.
    That is a very good point. Paopao is a solid recruiter, but it seems everyone who talks to #MyBush falls in love with the guy. Osborne, Spiker, Culp, and Peters would be a godly haul. Some think we need to secure one slot-type WR, which isn't necessarily a bad idea, but outside of Jones and Lenius (who doesn't really excite me) everyone is 6-1 and below. I don't mind getting all 6-3 and above guys this class. Obviously if we can pull Amon-Ra, or get Chase Williams or Michael Wilson as a secondary option if Spiker goes elsewhere, I'm fine with that too.

• Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dhdawg said:

That is a very good point. Paopao is a solid recruiter, but it seems everyone who talks to #MyBush falls in love with the guy. Osborne, Spiker, Culp, and Peters would be a godly haul. Some think we need to secure one slot-type WR, which isn't necessarily a bad idea, but outside of Jones and Lenius (who doesn't really excite me) everyone is 6-1 and below. I don't mind getting all 6-3 and above guys this class. Obviously if we can pull Amon-Ra, or get Chase Williams or Michael Wilson as a secondary option if Spiker goes elsewhere, I'm fine with that too.

Why are you worried about Spiker going elsewhere?

I don't know how many TEs they will take this year, but I suspect they will only take a White TE if they have someone they really like. Peters is a stud, but he's going to have to be healthy. If he gets healthy it's a no brainer to take him, Culp, Osborne and Spiker.

I'm not a big Amon-Ra guy. His name is amazing, but he doesn't blow me away.

That mirrors what we use on offense.
    Can't speak for him but I'm *worried* about Spiker going elsewhere because he hasn't committed. I think he's coming here, but until there's a woof next Friday I'll still be worried. It's my nature.

I won't worry after that even after Marlon/Weddington because #MyBush.
  • Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dhdawg said:

Why are you worried about Spiker going elsewhere?

I don't know how many TEs they will take this year, but I suspect they will only take a White TE if they have someone they really like. Peters is a stud, but he's going to have to be healthy. If he gets healthy it's a no brainer to take him, Culp, Osborne and Spiker.

I'm not a big Amon-Ra guy. His name is amazing, but he doesn't blow me away.

That mirrors what we use on offense.
    I'm not "worried" about Spiker going elsewhere at all, just saying that if for some reason he goes somewhere else I'm fine with those replacements who aren't quite 6-3.

I'm definitely not in agreement with you on Amon-Ra, but I understand your thoughts if you don't like him as I do.
  • Options
    DubSixGamerDubSixGamer Member Posts: 164
    5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

Who's that white WR that played for us a few years back? He is a punching bag on here. I remember some of u were high on him. I can't remember his name right now off the top of my head lol. But yeah this kid better not be like him.

Cody Bruns
    Yes that guy lmao
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

This is Austin's Dad. Its offical AUSTIN IS A DAWG............

WE LOVE YOU PAPA AUSTIN!!!!! Thank you for giving us your first born!!!! Kid is a baller
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Love you guys. Keep it real.............

Dennis is the realest
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Love you guys. Keep it real.............

You are a legend! Dooging!
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,596
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

looks like a smart possession wr type.

Whoosh? He looks fast as fuck.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,596
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

Reliable on third down, just like Cody Bruns.

Bruns would have been an all American at Boise
  • Options
    jecornel said:

looks like a smart possession wr type.

Whoosh? He looks fast as fuck.
    Definitely a whoosh. It's because he's white.