Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

NFL Pro Bowlers listed by their high school recruiting stars

2»

Comments

• Options
    tvoietvoie Member Posts: 996
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

animate said:

Seeing DeCastro's name still hurts

Nah.

The definition of hurt is one that got away and did well despite Petersen recruiting him after this year.

Even then you can't get them all. So whatever
    Fucking loser menatality bullshit. You want to win like Bama? Better coach like Bama (I think we are okay there) and recruit like Bama (not even close).

If you tards think missing guys like Fozzy, DJ, IPM and Wyatt Davis is no big deal then I suggest you go root for Western Michigan to win the MAC.

In big time college football, having two-deeps stocked with kids like Fozzy, AVT, Wyatt Davis, Jay Tufele and DJ Johnson is what we will need to compete with serious programs.

If you think coaching up half your roster of 3-star kids (who should be 2-stars) like Damion Turpin and BBK will result in dominance you are a motherfucking idiot. Sure, we can be a glorified Boise and beat the tallest midgets into the ground like we did this year... but if the goal is to be regulars at the top of our conference and the CFB playoff, our recruiting can't be anything like what it looks like over the past 5 years.
    ^ This! Yes it's extreme, but it's truth. Getting the highest rated players matters. There are exceptions to every rule. They are exceptions because statistically they don't pan out nearly as often as 5 star or high 4 star players. It's not complicated. Rationalizing why we don't have to have these players is silly. We need them to compete for national championships. That's what we all want, right?
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    We're getting there but still a long ways to go.

Having guys like Murphy, Eifler, Levi O and the other highly rated guys redshirt to get stronger, faster and smarter is going in the right direction.

It's just that Alabama does this on a regular basis. Reloads. 4 and 5 star talent, 2 deep, waiting their turn. They accept the culture of football success there as the Saban way.

We're about 3-4 years away.

• Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

animate said:

We're getting there but still a long ways to go.

Having guys like Murphy, Eifler, Levi O and the other highly rated guys redshirt to get stronger, faster and smarter is going in the right direction.

It's just that Alabama does this on a regular basis. Reloads. 4 and 5 star talent, 2 deep, waiting their turn. They accept the culture of football success there as the Saban way.

We're about 3-4 years away.

Revisit this on January 1st. Winning the PAC 12 and making the playoff isn't a "long way to go." It means you're one of the best teams in CFB.

We have one great season and you dumb fucks go from "ranked in the top 25 every year, conference title every 3-4 years, competing for a natty 2-3 times a decade" to "We aren't Alabama."

Alabama is on a historical run. They have won 4 of the past 8 titles. 5 of 9 if they win this year. We aren't going to be Alabama. I would love to be, but c'mon. Nobody else is either.

That said, we can beat Alabama this year. I swear we could win and you TBSers would still act like we had a long way to go.

So fuck your TBS. I hope we get every 5 star recruit too. When we don't, keep developing 3 stars like Sidney Jones, Greg Gaines, Vea, Eldrenkamp, Victor, Bierria, and Pettis.
    Agree. UW will never be bama. But that said I'd give this uw team a 50% chance against anyone else on a neutral field.
    If stanford browning shows up Saturday this is a close game
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098

This article comes out every year and every year people draw the wrong conclusions.

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    tvoie said:

animate said:

Nah.

The definition of hurt is one that got away and did well despite Petersen recruiting him after this year.

Fucking loser menatality bullshit. You want to win like Bama? Better coach like Bama (I think we are okay there) and recruit like Bama (not even close).

If you tards think missing guys like Fozzy, DJ, IPM and Wyatt Davis is no big deal then I suggest you go root for Western Michigan to win the MAC.

In big time college football, having two-deeps stocked with kids like Fozzy, AVT, Wyatt Davis, Jay Tufele and DJ Johnson is what we will need to compete with serious programs.

If you think coaching up half your roster of 3-star kids (who should be 2-stars) like Damion Turpin and BBK will result in dominance you are a motherfucking idiot. Sure, we can be a glorified Boise and beat the tallest midgets into the ground like we did this year... but if the goal is to be regulars at the top of our conference and the CFB playoff, our recruiting can't be anything like what it looks like over the past 5 years.
    ^ This! Yes it's extreme, but it's truth. Getting the highest rated players matters. There are exceptions to every rule. They are exceptions because statistically they don't pan out nearly as often as 5 star or high 4 star players. It's not complicated. Rationalizing why we don't have to have these players is silly. We need them to compete for national championships. That's what we all want, right?
    This is true to a point. I'll add that kids get 4/5 start ratings cause they are freaks of nature mostly. Sure we can recruit a 3 star and coach him up and give him some strength and conditioning. But he still wasn't a freak athletically. On the flip side, a lot of 4/5 kids are head cases and not smart. At UW, we'll never get a ton of 5 star, this year we got a lot of 4 star kids. We have to hit on those and bring up the 3 star kids. We just have less room for error than a Bama does. But Petersen seems to do a great job vetting kids. Where I always felt Sark was recruiting directly from the Scout website.
  • Options
    tvoietvoie Member Posts: 996
    2001400ex said:

tvoie said:

animate said:

Nah.

This is true to a point. I'll add that kids get 4/5 start ratings cause they are freaks of nature mostly. Sure we can recruit a 3 star and coach him up and give him some strength and conditioning. But he still wasn't a freak athletically. On the flip side, a lot of 4/5 kids are head cases and not smart. At UW, we'll never get a ton of 5 star, this year we got a lot of 4 star kids. We have to hit on those and bring up the 3 star kids. We just have less room for error than a Bama does. But Petersen seems to do a great job vetting kids. Where I always felt Sark was recruiting directly from the Scout website.
    I agree with you, but this is why UW can't miss on the 5 star talent in state...ever. And sadly, UW keeps losing out. As far as head cases, often times the best ones are so good at football that they suck at life. It's the coaching staffs job to try and keep these types on the straight and narrow. But the reward typically outweighs the risk.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,093
    2001400ex said:

tvoie said:

animate said:

Nah.

I always felt Sark was recruiting directly from the Scout website.
    I distinctly remember seeing a picture of a Sark-era UW coaches meeting with a print out from Scout laying on the table of eventual UCLA RB Jordan James.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    Mad_Son said:

2001400ex said:

tvoie said:

animate said:

Nah.

I distinctly remember seeing a picture of a Sark-era UW coaches meeting with a print out from Scout laying on the table of eventual UCLA RB Jordan Jordon James.
    Learn to spell you fuckstick.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223

Mad_Son said:

2001400ex said:

tvoie said:

animate said:

Nah.

I distinctly remember seeing a picture of a Sark-era UW coaches meeting with a print out from Scout laying on the table of eventual UCLA RB Jordan Jordon James.
    Learn to spell you fuckstick.
    It's past noon so you should either be A) Drunk b) High on Oxy 4) all of the above

Stop using being a paraplegic as a reason to be grumpy. Take more Oxy!