Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

SEC Cuntry: UW Defense can keep Huskies in game with Alabama

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    3 future pros on the DL. At least 4, if not 5 future pros in the secondary.

LSU is the only team Alabama has faced with equal talent to UW on defense.

I'm curious if Blackledge's butthurt over Pedo State not making the playoff will be apparent.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,122
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Sounds like blackledge thinks we should all tune into the show
  • Options
    ThumpThump Member Posts: 793
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited December 2016
    Recipe to beat Bama: Defense plays like LSU and Offense plays like Ole Miss, and the special teams kicks ass.

Play mistake free, and we have a solid chance.
  • Options
    montyfranklynmontyfranklyn Member Posts: 119
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

It's hard to believe we can't find advertisers with thread titles like this

We?
    Lol
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,168
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

It's hard to believe we can't find advertisers with thread titles like this

We?
    Lol
    Montyfranklyn gets it
  • Options
    Crimsonite1Crimsonite1 Member Posts: 98
    Name Dropper 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Thump said:

Recipe to beat Bama: Defense plays like LSU and Offense plays like Ole Miss, and the special teams kicks ass.

This is not the same Bama team that played Ole Miss in the third game. People tend to overlook the fact that after Bama screwed the pooch for 26 minutes and was down 24-3, they then proceeded to beat the shit out of Ole Miss 45-3.
  • Options
    Don't show this to Browning, your RB's or Receivers. It's not manly to wet the bed!
    https://youtu.be/nIXlfx7dmYY
  • Options

Thump said:

This

It doesn't take War and Peace to point out the obvious.

Don't try to emulate LSU. LSU minus the QB is one of the 3 most talented and toughest teams in the country with the second best D in the SEC, and they literally hate Bama's guts with inhuman fervor. I seriously doubt even in the few games Bama has lost in the past 10 years, that any of the approxamately other 130 teams has ever played Bama as tough a game as any one of the 11 times we've played LSU. Nobody else has ever had the combination of talent and resolve that LSU has when they play us. Also that game was at night in Death Valley which is worth 10 points.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,557
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Thump said:

This

Don't try to emulate LSU. LSU minus the QB is one of the 3 most talented and toughest teams in the country with the second best D in the SEC, and they literally hate Bama's guts with inhuman fervor. I seriously doubt even in the few games Bama has lost in the past 10 years, that any of the approxamately other 130 teams has ever played Bama as tough a game as any one of the 11 times we've played LSU. Nobody else has ever had the combination of talent and resolve that LSU has when they play us. Also that game was at night in Death Valley which is worth 10 points.
    We're spending the next week saying we have no shot even though it's true.
  • Options

Thump said:

This

Hey, I never said that. I'm not stupid, just a homer. Washington makes me nervous. Any team that averages 45 points a game, has a top 10 defense and who won 12 games would have to make you nervous.
    Now if this was next year I would give the points and bet the retirement fund. But Jalen is too raw and has not yet gotten on the same page as his receivers. If he could throw as accurately as he did in high school, nobody could stop Bama. But right now the downfield passing game is a crap shoot. So I'm not ruling out a nail biter.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Thump said:

This

Hey, I never said that. I'm not stupid, just a homer. Washington makes me nervous. Any team that averages 45 points a game, has a top 10 defense and who won 12 games would have to make you nervous.
    Now if this was next year I would give the points and bet the retirement fund. But Jalen is too raw and has not yet gotten on the same page as his receivers. If he could throw as accurately as he did in high school, nobody could stop Bama. But right now the downfield passing game is a crap shoot. So I'm not ruling out a nail biter.
    You don't have to worry about Bellevue anymore. Butch Gontoroff was fired.
  • Options
    halfbrainmanmolderhalfbrainmanmolder Member Posts: 212
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes
    Thump said:

Why play like anyone else when we can be ourselves? Play like how we(yes we!) did against Stanford and we will give Bama a game.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,095
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Thump said:

Why play like anyone else when we can be ourselves? Play like how we(yes we!) did against Stanford and we will give Bama a game.
    The ghost of Joe Mathis says hi
  • Options

Thump said:

This is not the same Bama team that played Ole Miss in the third game. People tend to overlook the fact that after Bama screwed the pooch for 26 minutes and was down 24-3, they then proceeded to beat the shit out of Ole Miss 45-3.
    Old Miss doesn't have our Defense.

Even if they do have one of our former receivers.
  • Options
    halfbrainmanmolderhalfbrainmanmolder Member Posts: 212
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes
    Mad_Son said:

Thump said:

The ghost of Joe Mathis says hi
    All the LSU defensive players and Ole Miss offensive players say hi
  • Options

Thump said:

I'm not saying copy their playbook. It is a more nuanced metaphor.

We have a tough defense. As does LSU.

We have a strong balanced offense, as did Ole Miss.

That is all. Don't overthink it.