Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Outcoached

2»

Comments

• puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    tracker said:

Turning point as in Sark's future.

If we win 9 games or more the perception will be the program is improving.

Anything less and momentum will begin to build against him in the real world. You know, among people who don't use phrases like "fucktard," and "plunger rape." People who donate money to the program and actually attend games.

The media will start turning if we lose next week.

That might be the perception but the reality is we beat lowly teams, play straight-up with average teams, and lose to the best teams.

Isn't the goal supposed to be an elite team?

We were 0-12 just 4 years ago

It will play out. And there will be a turning point, one way or the other.

Last week's loss was the turning point. If you weren't so AuburndoogFuckingStupid, you would realize it.

UW is already dead and buried in the Pac-12 North.

Oregon 3-0
    Oregon State 2-0
    Stanford 3-1
    Washington State 2-1
    Washington 1-2
    California 0-2

The fucking season is over.
    the conference season is long dumb fuck. a lot can happen. think 10-2.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,074

Oregon is a machine. They are supremely well coached. We aren't.

The big difference today was blown coverages. They had receivers wide open all day because we were fooled.

Its playing out. 9 or 10 wins are still very possible, but so is 7-6. But this loss today is on Sark.

My man, it's not about tomfoolery or trickeration. It's ABOUT THE LINES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our QB had no time, there's had a lot of time. Have you ever been a db, even in HS? Ever been an outside backline player in soccer? Every guarded a player in hoops who could handle the ball?

It's really fucking hard to cover/guard someone coming at you, someone who knows where he's going while you don't, and you have to react and stay tight on him as he cuts and accelerates and decelerates and accelerates again and cuts again and basically attempts to catch you leaning the wrong way.

So even people who are really fucking good at it can only do it for so long. Eventually, the offensive guy wins.

THat is why they were so open. Yeah, there were some blown coverages, but I've been watching cfb for a really long time, and in my humble estimation, we have the D backfield to compete at a high level. No, there is not Anthony Vontoure back there. Those guys don't grow on trees. But the guys we have can cover and play, but they can't do it all day.

Sark's failure at getting the uglies on both sides of the ball is why this keeps happening against elite teams.

Period.
    That's not what I saw. What I saw were our LBs and DBs over committing to stopping the run, staring at the ball, and losing receivers. I think Wilcox wanted to make Mariotta beat us, and he did.

I'm sure to lesser or greater extents the things you mention were happening. They have some great athletes on that side of the ball. And I'm not going to pretend to have that level of technical acumen for assessing the game and the performance of the different units. I'm just not that smart of a football guy. I tend to see more the basics. I can't argue technical Xs and Os with people who really know it.

But I can see when my QB is running for his life and being thrown to the ground and basically not able to set up in a pocket and read a defense without being harassed. I can also see when the other team's QB is in the opposite situation and can do the things he wants to do to manipulate the coverage and get his guys open. I saw that today too. And when that's broken, it seems harder to fix than when you have some guys making mistakes in coverage.

Just my take.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,074

The big difference today was blown coverages. They had receivers wide open all day because we were fooled.

Its playing out. 9 or 10 wins are still very possible, but so is 7-6. But this loss today is on Sark.

We held Oregon to 45. props! .

No, Oregon held itself to 45. It gave away, without our involvement, two easy scores, and maybe another one. Not only that, but I thought they got a little fucked by the refs today.

So, no, this looked and felt like an Oregon 59 to 24 game to me. Sankey and, have to say, ASJ, kept us in it for a while, but we lost the trenches on both sides, and that's hard to overcome.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Anything less and momentum will begin to build against him in the real world. You know, among people who don't use phrases like "fucktard," and "plunger rape." People who donate money to the program and actually attend games.

The perception is bullshit. Sark's a dead coach walking.

So I guess when Oregon stomps EVERY fucking opponent, the losers can just claim to be outcoached Auburn? We lost because Oregon is better. Just pat them on the back and move on. We lost! now comes ASU...that's the nature of this conference. And ASU is as good as us and could very well beat us.

We held Oregon to 45. props! Lets go 10-2 and hope for the best. I thought Sark would win today and win the damn North. Stanford lost. Too bad Sark didn't implement ASJ in the gameplan. pretty obvious the WR's were outmatched. We lost. Sark ain't winning north.

I'm wrong and shouldn't be. the schedule was there, the players were there, the defense was there (nobody is going to hold UO under 500-600yds.) Sark just pissed away our best chance at a rosebowl in 13 years. Now I'm pissed, but I understand this is the most difficult division in College Football. I'm done for now. I'm baffled.
    Utah laughs at this fucktarded logic.

It has played out.

The season is over.

Lather rinse, repeat.
    Uh dummy, when did 10-2 mean the season is over? might happen, then going into next year we will be top10?(then go 10-2 again) What have I been telling your ignant fuckass all year? The pac12 is legit 10- deep (with 1 glaringly atop.) Stanford lost today. Oregon has Stanford, OSU. and UCLA? Shut the fuck up until November. As you clicky little fags say, let it play out!

Utah might just win the south, very possible!, Oregon st the north, possible. We just happened to have Stanford, Oregon back to back and Sark took it in the ass . Nature of conference

It has played out.

The season is over.

Lather rinse, repeat.
    Uh dummy, when did 10-2 mean the season is over? might happen, then going into next year we will be top10?(then go 10-2 again) What have I been telling your ignant fuckass all year? The pac12 is legit 10- deep (with 1 glaringly atop.) Stanford lost today. Oregon has Stanford, OSU. and UCLA? Shut the fuck up until November. As you clicky little fags say, let it play out!

Utah might just win the south, very possible!, Oregon st the north, possible. We just happened to have Stanford, Oregon back to back and Sark took it in the ass . Nature of conference
    If Oregon State wins the North, UW ain't going 10-2.

For that matter, UW isn't even going 5-2.

The Pac-12 is two deep: Oregon and UCLA. Everyone else is average or worse. Oregon State is the third best team in the conference right now and they lost at home to a fucking Big Sky school.

Go hang yourself with 5/8" rope.
  • Damn this thread with Auburn vs Puppy Love Sugar Steel is your Timmy vs Jimmy battle among Doogs.
  • tracker said:

That might be the perception but the reality is we beat lowly teams, play straight-up with average teams, and lose to the best teams.

Isn't the goal supposed to be an elite team?

We were 0-12 just 4 years ago
    Really?! Still using 0-12 even though not one player or coach was on that team?!

The 0-12 excuse is the dumbest doog excuse there is.

Seriously Die in a fucking fire for that shit!