Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Everyone needs to be a better poster

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,143
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Meek said:

Look, the way I feel is that there are enough donating posters that we have a foundation. It's at the point where non donaters are free riders (Econ 101 superiority guy here), ruining the bored and I'm subsidizing them. I believe the football and recruiting boreds should be subscriber only.

Sometime in the off-season we will have some open discussions about the future and where we're going
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,869
    Standard Supporter
    Meek said:

Look, the way I feel is that there are enough donating posters that we have a foundation. It's at the point where non donaters are free riders (Econ 101 superiority guy here), ruining the bored and I'm subsidizing them. I believe the football and recruiting boreds should be subscriber only.

A lot of non donators are good posters. If they were denied posting privileges, it would decrease the entertainment value, which in turn might make people not want to donate.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Meek said:

Sometime in the off-season we will have some open discussions about the future and where we're going
    In the middle of the store?
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,868
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I chipped in $7.11. Tis the season and all.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited December 2016

Meek said:

A lot of non donators are good posters. If they were denied posting privileges, it would decrease the entertainment value, which in turn might make people not want to donate.
    so why would i donate if they don't?
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Meek said:

Hey econ 101, thought there was no such thing as a free lunch? Puppy gets one. My donation is the many hits my threads bring.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Meek said:

Meek said:

I donate to Meals on Wheels and I've yet to eat one of their shitty dinners.
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,869
    Standard Supporter
    Meek said:

Meek said:

I would hope it's because you want to help fund the website.
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    Meek said:

Meek said:

http://www.sfbtr15.de/fileadmin/user_upload/redaktion/events/Tutzing_2013_PDFs/Wang_A_Model_of_Dynamic_Public_Goods_Contribution.pdf
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

Meek said:

Hey econ 101, thought there was no such thing as a free lunch? Puppy gets one. My donation is the many hits my threads bring.
    this is actually true
  • Options
    IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    Hardcore Husky is your source
  • Options
    89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,454
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2016
    BearsWiin said:

Meek said:

Meek said:

http://www.sfbtr15.de/fileadmin/user_upload/redaktion/events/Tutzing_2013_PDFs/Wang_A_Model_of_Dynamic_Public_Goods_Contribution.pdf
    I was good with your link until I hit this shit ...

Now, suppose that all able members contribute to the public good provision. Then the member’s individual one-period ex-ante payoff
    is given by q (v − c) + (1 − q) (1 − α) u where α ≡ (1 − q) N−1
    is the probability that there are no other able members in the group. Suppose next that no able member contributes to a public good provision. Then the member’s individual one-period ex ante payoff is qw. We make the following assumption which ensures that it is ex ante socially preferable that all able members contribute to a public good production.
    Assumption 1 q (v − c − w) + (1 − q) (1 − α) u ≥ 0.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,536
    Swaye's Wigwam
    89ute said:

BearsWiin said:

Meek said:

Meek said:

I was good with your link until I hit this shit ...

Now, suppose that all able members contribute to the public good provision. Then the member’s individual one-period ex-ante payoff
    is given by q (v − c) + (1 − q) (1 − α) u where α ≡ (1 − q) N−1
    is the probability that there are no other able members in the group. Suppose next that no able member contributes to a public good provision. Then the member’s individual one-period ex ante payoff is qw. We make the following assumption which ensures that it is ex ante socially preferable that all able members contribute to a public good production.
    Assumption 1 q (v − c − w) + (1 − q) (1 − α) u ≥ 0.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Baseman said:

The one week I'm not Tafting and the board goes to shit.

#ThisIsWhyITaft

Steve Poole @ 11

A new fundraising campaign looms. Fearless leader calls out his crew, "Shit threads. Shit poasters"

In the past few days we've had five people donate including two Wigwams. So we are covered into early July now. In terms of covering expenses.
    The $ windfall won't improve our poasts
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I just don't get it. I'm a 20-something alcoholic with terrible spending habits and I was able to pony up for the wigwam. Can't be hard for all you old, rich, and white fucks to give 20 bucks.

@DerekJohnson Maybe couple your books with a donation in certain packages? Donate X amount and receive X book on the house. You get to move some units while people can support the site AND get something of value.

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,798
    I have no moneys.. i would donate my 10 dollars of christmas dollars to help fund this bored. But, i can't convert it into paypal.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,798
    Just use google adwords for the time being Stalin.