Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sherman's outbursts

2»

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Who is worth more wins - Sherman or Bevell?

That's not the point. Sherman is probably one of my top 3 favorite Hawks of all time but there's a line. Most people can't go around acting like this at work. Pete's unorthodox kumbaya stuff seems to work but atca certain point you have to lay down the law.
    Sherman exposed the bullshit lack of accountability within the coaching staff.

You're too busy shooting the messenger to know what the real issue here is.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Who is worth more wins - Sherman or Bevell?

That's not the point. Sherman is probably one of my top 3 favorite Hawks of all time but there's a line. Most people can't go around acting like this at work. Pete's unorthodox kumbaya stuff seems to work but atca certain point you have to lay down the law.
    Comparing the jobs of star athletes to an accountant or salesman is dumb.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    jim moore is a fucking cunt. but there is a line. pete seems to have a pretty good grasp of how to handle a locker room, so I'll defer to him
  • Options
    DoubleJDawgDoubleJDawg Member Posts: 598
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    The biggest problem of the whole thing is that like Boobs says, Sherman is 100% right in what is saying

After the Bills game a month ago or so, Tom Cable went out in the media and felt comfortable enough in his job status to tell the assembled media that the Seattle offense only ran 3 out of the first called 10 run plays correctly. Bevell is now running an offense which is in the bottom half of the league in DVOA.

So do the coaches and Carroll get tough questions about this? No, the pussy Seattle media wants to gargle their nuts instead, and instead ask the "tough" (i.e., condescending) questions to the players like Sherman -- I'm surprised Jim Moore didn't follow up his questions by calling Sherman "boy" and accusing him of being "uppity" about the playcalling, before begrugingly acknowledging Sherman as "well-spoken." Sherman shouldn't have threatened to ruin his career (unless he had the power to, because Moore is a talentless fucktard, and I would have fully supported that) but I can absolutely understand his anger.

So while I'd like to feel like Carroll can figure out how to manage this in the locker room, this is a pretty new thing for his system. "Always compete" works great in 3-4 year windows, but it's uncharted territory for managing players on second and third contracts, particularly if you are applying competition and accountability so differently across both sides of the ball. Let's also not forget that Earl Thomas was sort of also throwing shade at the offense on Twitter before the Rams game (and still floating retirement as a possibility), so just dealing with Sherman likely doesn't solve the broader problem.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,549
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    When my Willingham book came out in 2011, I was radioactive to everyone in the Seattle media. People I had known for years suddenly wouldn't return my calls. As I recall, only Jim Moore remained the same, and it wasn't because he was a Coug.