Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Bama tracking trick plays

According to coachingsearch.com - "Alabama is going through 8 years of Petersen tape to chart every trick play. Alabama has the support staff to do it, unlike most schools."

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Amusing ... would imagine that Pete will pull something out that he hasn't shown before ...

But I like hearing that Alabama is already worried about the trick plays ... that's good news.
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Marvin Hall Dante Pettis is the best QB on the field. Enough said on that.

They don't have tape of the Wild Swede trickeration plays on tape do they?
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,598
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Wait till Carta Samuels comes in and they run the option mixed in with the wishbone.

Pete says you can't change your entire scheme but they will certainly add a number of wrinkles.

Maybe the run and shoot?
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    Bama has 5 star talent for sure and superior athletes (with great hips), but Pete can throw in the odd shift or unexpected movement to disguise the same 2 trick plays and, in my opinion their "student athletes" won't be able to pick up on it in real time. Cook the Pettis to Daniels play late in the first quarter.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Paralyzation by analyzation
  • Options
    DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623

According to coachingsearch.com - "Alabama is going through 8 years of Petersen tape to chart every trick play. Alabama has the support staff to do it, unlike most schools."

#RollFuckingTide
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,066
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Sark = support staff

LOL
  • Options
    montyfranklynmontyfranklyn Member Posts: 119
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I think it is a waste of time. Peterson is just going to use all new trick plays if he uses any at all
  • Options
    Baphomet said:

Support staff probably = Sark.

He watches all of the game film, and each time he identifies a trick play, he gets to take a shot.

Lol. That's pretty damn funny. Bama has like 10 or so coaches in analyst positions that just watch film. That is all they do.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    edited December 2016

I think it is a waste of time. Peterson is just going to use all new trick plays if he uses any at all

I think there is more emphasis on wasting the opponents time than anything else.

This is a quote regarding a Colorado coach:
    “He’s like, ‘We practiced those trick plays all week long and you didn’t even run them,'” Petersen recalled when he joined “Brock and Salk” Wednesday. “He goes, ‘I know you like to hear that’ and I just smiled at him. I do. I do want to hear that.”
    http://sports.mynorthwest.com/218602/chris-petersen/
  • Options
    BaphometBaphomet Member Posts: 1,511

Baphomet said:

He watches all of the game film, and each time he identifies a trick play, he gets to take a shot.

Lol. That's pretty damn funny. Bama has like 10 or so coaches in analyst positions that just watch film. That is all they do.
    Is there any limit (besides $) on how many analysts a team can hire to watch film?

I want a job like that. Not that I'm really qualified or anything, but it sounds like a pretty cool gig.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Baphomet said:

Baphomet said:

Is there any limit (besides $) on how many analysts a team can hire to watch film?

I want a job like that. Not that I'm really qualified or anything, but it sounds like a pretty cool gig.
    I heard Sark gets like $30k a year. I'll pass on being Saban's bitch and watching endless game film for that kind of money.
  • Options

Baphomet said:

Baphomet said:

I heard Sark gets like $30k a year. I'll pass on being Saban's bitch and watching endless game film for that kind of money.
    It works for Bama because they are all former HCs, DCs and OCs that have been fired and are still getting paid by their former school. Sark was really brought in to make the transition of Kiffin leaving smoother