Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I was going to write a DFI but

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,328
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
I want to put this out her for free since it is the holiday season and DFI is expensive and so many of you are poor.

I have watched as many Bama games over the last three seasons as I have watched Husky games because the SEC doesn't put their games on in China where no one can watch them.

Bama has lost one game the last two years and three games total the last 3 with 3 trips to the playoffs. All while losing multiple players to the NFL. The only team that whipped them physically at all, was Ohio State where Saban blew a three TD lead which happens almost never. Zeke Elliot is a man.

Michigan State was a board favorite here last year for their physical play and Bama beat them like a chew toy. I don't think Sparty has recovered yet.

So yes, they are better than us by what appears to be a large margin. Is it that far fetched to say none of our scrappy DAWGS could start there? Well our strength is our D line but Bama has first round draft choices across the front. It would be like Qualls and the others coming back for next year because that is what the Bama guys did.

They have had injuries on D just like us, and like us it is hard to tell.

I'll take their O line even though I like the improvement in ours and think we are on our way to having a top flight O Line in a year or two.

Their best running back is #9 who rarely plays because Saban hates him for fumbling and not blocking. But he could run for 250 rather easily. The guys that do play are good. I'll take Coleman in the homer call and maybe Gaskin but it is close.

I really don't know at QB. Browning is more cerebral (lol) and a better passer but he's going to shit his pants and suck so the nod goes to Hurts (don't it).

One edge should be that the Bama players know all this and will hear all this for a month as will our DAWGS. But Nick Satan and his process tells the team that they are playing (with) themselves, not against some soft West Coast transgender team like Washington. I like human nature in this one but Bama really hasn't over looked anyone.

But there is a road to victory. And we need to go back to 1990 to find it. The 21 point underdog Bruins came to Husky Stadium to face the best defense in college football. People remember Tommy Maddox and the quick passing game that held the ball but the game turned early when Brian Brown took it 88 yards up the middle for a rushing TD that shocked the crowd, worried the players, and got the coaches to go conservative on defense.

Levon Coleman going 90 yards up the gut is far better than Browning hitting John Ross Ewing the 3rd with a bomb. Bama is used to teams hitting the occasional long pass. A long run would be a gut shot and may cause the tiniest bit of doubt to creep in.

Get the lead, don't turn the ball over. Punt the ball out of bounds. Make the Tide offense win the game. Hurts is like most true freshman in that if he has a weakness it is in the red zone. Too many field goals. Make them settle. Stay in the game. Nerves get more frayed.

It took a last second field goal for those Bruins to get to 25 points and the win that cost us a national championship. That's the game we need to play. It's better to punt than to have Browning throw picks or take sacks. Old school ball between a couple of old school coaches. Make it ugly.

The odds are against us men but we still have my recently departed mother card to play here. I've seriously thought about cancelling my trip but I haven't. There isn't a lot of serious analysis that is in favor of our DAWGS and when you relay on hopes and dreams and wishes that the opponent will fuck up you lose 81% of the time. Or more.

But we are going to play the game. Just in case. WOOF

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,987
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Not your best effort.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Not your best effort.

Disagree. I'm still having a good cry.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

I want to put this out her for free since it is the holiday season and DFI is expensive and so many of you are poor.

I have watched as many Bama games over the last three seasons as I have watched Husky games because the SEC doesn't put their games on in China where no one can watch them.

Bama has lost one game the last two years and three games total the last 3 with 3 trips to the playoffs. All while losing multiple players to the NFL. The only team that whipped them physically at all, was Ohio State where Saban blew a three TD lead which happens almost never. Zeke Elliot is a man.

Michigan State was a board favorite here last year for their physical play and Bama beat them like a chew toy. I don't think Sparty has recovered yet.

So yes, they are better than us by what appears to be a large margin. Is it that far fetched to say none of our scrappy DAWGS could start there? Well our strength is our D line but Bama has first round draft choices across the front. It would be like Qualls and the others coming back for next year because that is what the Bama guys did.

I'll take their O line even though I like the improvement in ours and think we are on our way to having a top flight O Line in a year or two.

Their best running back is #9 who rarely plays because Saban hates him for fumbling and not blocking. But he could run for 250 rather easily. The guys that do play are good. I'll take Coleman in the homer call and maybe Gaskin but it is close.

I really don't know at QB. Browning is more cerebral (lol) and a better passer but he's going to shit his pants and suck so the nod goes to Hurts (don't it).

One edge should be that the Bama players know all this and will hear all this for a month as will our DAWGS. But Nick Satan and his process tells the team that they are playing (with) themselves, not against some soft West Coast transgender team like Washington. I like human nature in this one but Bama really hasn't over looked anyone.

But there is a road to victory. And we need to go back to 1990 to find it. The 21 point underdog Bruins came to Husky Stadium to face the best defense in college football. People remember Tommy Maddox and the quick passing game that held the ball but the game turned early when Brian Brown took it 88 yards up the middle for a rushing TD that shocked the crowd, worried the players, and got the coaches to go conservative on defense.

Levon Coleman going 90 yards up the gut is far better than Browning hitting John Ross Ewing the 3rd with a bomb. Bama is used to teams hitting the occasional long pass. A long run would be a gut shot and may cause the tiniest bit of doubt to creep in.

Get the lead, don't turn the ball over. Punt the ball out of bounds. Make the Tide offense win the game. Hurts is like most true freshman in that if he has a weakness it is in the red zone. Too many field goals. Make them settle. Stay in the game. Nerves get more frayed.

It took a last second field goal for those Bruins to get to 25 points and the win that cost us a national championship. That's the game we need to play. It's better to punt than to have Browning throw picks or take sacks. Old school ball between a couple of old school coaches. Make it ugly.

The odds are against us men but we still have my recently departed mother card to play here. I've seriously thought about cancelling my trip but I haven't. There isn't a lot of serious analysis that is in favor of our DAWGS and when you relay on hopes and dreams and wishes that the opponent will fuck up you lose 81% of the time. Or more.

Why didn't you run for President?

It's this kind of sage wisdom that would have made you a shoo-in.

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Thanks for showing @Tequilla how to post in 20-30 years

Funny thing is that I agree with 100% of it ... we need to stay in the game and get some doubt to creep in against a team that likely hasn't felt tested very often this year.

We can win ... it will be an uphill battle ... but it is possible.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Tequilla said:

Thanks for showing @Tequilla how to post in 20-30 years

Funny thing is that I agree with 100% of it ... we need to stay in the game and get some doubt to creep in against a team that likely hasn't felt tested very often this year.

We can win ... it will be an uphill battle ... but it is possible.
    There is hope - for you, anyway
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,549
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Very classy poast
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

It took a last second field goal for those Bruins to get to 25 points and the win that cost us a 2 national championships. That's the game we need to play. It's better to punt than to have Browning throw picks or take sacks. Old school ball between a couple of old school coaches. Make it ugly.

FTFY
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,615
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Nebraska classy and a very good summary of how we don't stack up yet still have a narrow path that could win the game.

Bama's dominance as a complete team does make them better at every position if you look at it from that angle. That's just not how I look at it. UW has an a lot of very good players, at least a few of whom could start anywhere. *We're just not as complete as a team/program or as deep in talent. The less impressive whole kinda drags some of the great parts down to a level that still looks very good, just not Alabama good.

TL DR summary...they're going to kick *our asses and probably make everyone look bad.