Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Joe Mathis No Longer in School

As I have been saying for weeks now. How no actual reporter could figure that out is mind boggling.

COKER WAS RIGHT!

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Fucking Joe you could have competed for a natty
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

As I have been saying for weeks now. How no actual reporter could figure that out is mind boggling.

COKER WAS RIGHT!
    name one reporter who follows the Huskies.

Dogmen are not the media according to them.

Jude is your trusted source on Oregon news.

Everyone else just slobbers after high school kids who might provide recruiting rumors.

Softy? He doesn't do research; just yells about a lot of things.

The nerd machine owner only cares about QBs, and Tampa 2.

• Options
    BrickSquadBrickSquad Member Posts: 1,658
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Good for Mathis. Get paid young blood
  • Options
    DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    But is he going to play in the Peaches Bowl?
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Mathis still has one of those knee scooters, and he moved back to Cali.

He gone.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Pepsi ... this is some slanted news to be sure ...

Mathis and his injury was ALWAYS going to put him in a position where he was likely not going to play anyway.

But this news that "he's left school" is also a load of BS as well ... he's likely taken his last class for the quarter (since Finals should be over now) and that's that. Even IF he was playing at this point and we were advancing to the national championship game, I'm not sure it would really even matter if he was in school or not because football is a fall sport which he was in school and eligible for. There's nothing in place (that I'm aware of) that says that a school that has completed a quarter or whatnot has to still be enrolled in school after the completion of the quarter/semester if that sports championship season extends past that quarter (think football and baseball).

Now, IF the story being reported is that as soon as Mathis got hurt he withdrew from school and left back in October/November, then THAT'S a story.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Tequilla said:

Mathis and his injury was ALWAYS going to put him in a position where he was likely not going to play anyway.

But this news that "he's left school" is also a load of BS as well ... he's likely taken his last class for the quarter (since Finals should be over now) and that's that. Even IF he was playing at this point and we were advancing to the national championship game, I'm not sure it would really even matter if he was in school or not because football is a fall sport which he was in school and eligible for. There's nothing in place (that I'm aware of) that says that a school that has completed a quarter or whatnot has to still be enrolled in school after the completion of the quarter/semester if that sports championship season extends past that quarter (think football and baseball).

Now, IF the story being reported is that as soon as Mathis got hurt he withdrew from school and left back in October/November, then THAT'S a story.

You took the time to write that?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,379
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He's training in Atlanta
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I'm still wondering wtf he was doing at butler cabin
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Tequilla said:

As I reported weeks ago, he hasn't been with the team for like a month now. I'm too lazy to go back and see when I posted about it, but it was one of the many threads here asking if Mathis will be back.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

This is true. All the one and done basketbll players quit going to school after the first semester.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,908
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Jo Mathis barely got into college. This is the best course of action for him. I highly doubt he was earning a degree that would have given him a lucrative career
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

As I reported weeks ago, he hasn't been with the team for like a month now. I'm too lazy to go back and see when I posted about it, but it was one of the many threads here asking if Mathis will be back.
    I'm not saying that YOU didn't know ... I'm saying that it's not news what the fucktard is reporting ... nothing to see here/there ... he may as well have tweeted that water is wet.