Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The big picture here

2»

Comments

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,438
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Even if this was true, have you come equipped with an argument as to why this would be a bad thing?

Do we need our resident history major @ThomasFremont to enlighten you on the consequences of a divided Europe?

Please list the # of major power conflicts that have occurred in the post-war era, I'll wait.
    Do you mean the conflict that would have been between nuclear powers and destroyed the world? I don't think France or the UK could be considered major powers, as the Suez crisis made clear, nor could a divided Germany. So the only major power conflict would have been between the USSR and the USA and we would all be dead now. I mean it did not prevent the horrible wars in Serbia, the Greek coup and Turkish invasion of Cyprus, nor the current conflict in Ukraine. It is not like Europe has been "violence and war free".
    You answered your own querey. Major conflict between the US and USSR was avoided because the liberal western order was able to hold as a result of NATO and effective nuclear deterrence (France and Britain are nuclear armed as well, FYI).

The side skirmishes are abhorrent but preferable to Napoleon's conquest and both World Wars, which left tens of millions dead.

The point is that a collapse of this order, which Putin prefers and with Trump potentially obliging, destabilizes the balance of power in the international system and increases the likelihood of major power conflict.

Whether you voted for Trump because you dislike Obama/Hillary, dislike the establishment, think he will actually bring back manufacturing jobs, or any other (stupid) reason, you were a useful idiot playing your part in a Russian intelligence operation to undermine the post-WWII western democratic order.

Great fucking work, guys.

I voted for Trump because idiots like you vote.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Whether you voted for Trump because you dislike Obama/Hillary, dislike the establishment, think he will actually bring back manufacturing jobs, or any other (stupid) reason, you were a useful idiot playing your part in a Russian intelligence operation to undermine the post-WWII western democratic order.

Great fucking work, guys.

https://youtu.be/XsFR8DbSRQE