Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Social Media Critics hurt the Huskies

FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
edited December 2016 in Payton's Place
I understand Seattle media market is just the absolute boiling pot charmin soft of all critiques, but Romar and has whoa is me attitude is fucking embarrassing. Today's articles in the seattle times essentially accusing Social medias as being a detractor for his team being horrid is another cement shoe in his ability to grasp basic concepts.

“We’ll continue to point out why we think we can turn it around (and) that all is not lost,” he said. “We really talk to our guys about not listening to outside talk. Like I said the last game, social media you can if you start reading all of the comments that people are saying it can get to you. And you can’t let that get to you. You can’t let whomever it is that’s talking down about your team or you or your teammates get to you. You can’t let that happen because it’s (the criticism) is going to happen. That’s part of it. Continue to work on the things that we got to get better at. We got better at some things tonight and I’ll point those things out that we’re doing well.

Let's see here, you will miss the tourney for the 6th straight year and we're out here blaming the kids for possibly looking at social media in 2016? Maybe, just maybe a thought, concentrate on how to teach any semblance of defense and maybe people wouldn't rightly be talking about how shitty the team is? There has been about 2 games all year that a team hasn't score north of 80 on you. Or the fact that there is zero offense, and people constantly watch a team who doesn't pass or work together. Again, rightfully so.

Or how about this gem;

When asked if a lack of effort has been a problem, Romar said: “At times yes. Tonight our effort was better though. But at times yes.”

The lack of effort has been apparent for going on 3-4 seasons now, but the kids dominate the agenda at UW. He doesn't bench players for being shitty or lack of effort. He doesn't call time outs to teach in tough situations. It's just yet another year where kids take awful shots, have no offensive idea(s) and the defensive scheme is one of the worst I've seen in college basketball. The teams continue to lack effort b/c he can't hold a roster together with any veteran presence to help teams grow. But hey, just keep blaming the players Romar.

It's not like you get paid $2 million a year to coach. There is a reason some coaches are pissed even after winning by 20-30 points(like coach pete). They expect better from their players and won't give in until they get it. Romar continues to show how little understanding he has on making his team accountable, and himself accountable for the shit they lay on the floor. I don't think it's the kids who should be beat up on social media. They are playing how they are coached.

Comments

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,739
    Zo's good run ended 5 years ago. Fall on your sword, Romar, or leave in disgrace. It's reaching Ty levels of ridiculousness.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,894
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Christ, Romar sounds like a mix of Helfrich and Willingham in those quotes.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    If/when I go to a Hale game this year and see Romar there, I may have had enough by then to tell him to LEAVE to his face
  • Options
    BayDawgBayDawg Member Posts: 1,623
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Romar doesn't care and has been fooling everyone for years.

They don't watch film. The NWG article shed a huge light on the program.

This is criminal. Small school HS coaches watch game film. For 1.9 mil LoRo can't find the time?

Sell his couch for him or disband the program.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    BayDawg said:

This is criminal. Small school HS coaches watch game film. For 1.9 mil LoRo can't find the time?

Sell his couch for him and disband the program.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

BayDawg said:

Take all the money we are wasting on this bullshit team and give it to our football team (pay Lake more). Give it to winners. People who earned it.
    How about just take some of it and provide us all free drugs hookers and booze
    Even better solution
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye said:

BayDawg said:

Take all the money we are wasting on this bullshit team and give it to our football team (pay Lake more). Give it to winners. People who earned it.
    I'm actually starting to come around on this idea. We might as well just keep Romar, Cohen should go to him and say since you are sucking so bad let's cut your salary in half. That money that we saved goes straight to our assistant coaching salary pool for football.

If he gets mad he can quit, who gives a fuck, then hire a new coach for cheaper than Romar anyways.

As long as we aren't firing him, we might as well get something out of it I guess.
  • Options
    BayDawgBayDawg Member Posts: 1,623
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    phineas said:

I support romar. Him and his boys are turning the corner. The program is headed in the right direction.

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,739
    He just needs 13 or 14 more losses to get his own guys in there.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,775
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    BayDawg said:

phineas said:

I support romar. Him and his boys are turning the corner. The program is headed in the right direction.

I am a noted Kristin Wiig hater but that's kinda hot.

• Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    None of you would say these things if he were white
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Swaye said:

BayDawg said:

How about just take some of it and provide us all free drugs hookers and booze
    Cesar gets it.

Actually you probably can get it.

I'll be PM'ing you soon
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,914
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club