Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Joseph Lewis

Biggins saying he might visit in January? 5 star WR, has nice hips i assume.

Comments

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,908
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    WR is a position where it's really tough to take another guy no matter how good he is. We'd need guys like Pounds, Little, Baccelia, etc. to GTFO to justify taking a 4th WR
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

WR is a position where it's really tough to take another guy no matter how good he is. We'd need guys like Pounds, Little, Baccelia, etc. to GTFO to justify taking a 4th WR

Nik Little and Brayden Lenius are probably already studying the economics behind the used couch market right now.

It'll take another year before Pounds and Baccellia realize they need to LEAVE, after Bynum/Cook/Jones all pass them on the depth chart. Shit even Fuller did already.
  • Options
    JECARJECAR Member Posts: 580
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    If I had to wager a guess, Lenius is probably gone. He fucked up and never found his way back into the depth chart. Nik Little can eat a dick and leave too. With Ross probably leaving, that leaves two, hopefully three spots open at WR. The current group of WR's that are committed all look really, really good.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I thought the same thing about Lenius too ... but his measurables and potential are pretty high. He could have been that valuable big WR for UW ... the fact that we haven't heard much of anything about Lenius over pretty much the whole season suggests that either they are hamstrung about letting him go ... or they still think he could amount to something still ..
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,983
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    animate said:

I thought the same thing about Lenius too ... but his measurables and potential are pretty high. He could have been that valuable big WR for UW ... the fact that we haven't heard much of anything about Lenius over pretty much the whole season suggests that either they are hamstrung about letting him go ... or they still think he could amount to something still ..

Lenius is a pansy that doesn't fight for the ball and gets holding penalties whenever he is asked to block. He is too slow to gain separation and lazy in his movements in scramble situations and routes. He is big I will give him that. Probably my least favorite player.

All that being said this staff has shown the ability to get people to contribute so who knows.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

animate said:

Lenius is a pansy that doesn't fight for the ball and gets holding penalties whenever he is asked to block. He is too slow to gain separation and lazy in his movements in scramble situations and routes. He is big I will give him that. Probably my least favorite player.

All that being said this staff has shown the ability to get people to contribute so who knows.
    I actually hope Lenius stays. All the WR's sucked under Pease. They all got better with Bush.
    I don't. He's not a difference maker. That scholarship
    could be better used to bolster the OL or DL.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

7 WRs is the magic number. Just axe Rick.

7's the key number here. Think about it. 7-Elevens. 7 dwarves. 7, man, that's the number. 7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea. It's like you're dreamin' about Gorgonzola cheese when it's clearly Brie time, baby. Step into my office.

7 of the fellowship didn't die
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    whuggy said:

animate said:

I actually hope Lenius stays. All the WR's sucked under Pease. They all got better with Bush.
    Pettis wasn't really either. Ross only made big plays. If Pettis develops, he fills a need.

Ross, Pettis, and Chico are all vastly improved. Lenius has talent.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088

whuggy said:

animate said:

Pettis wasn't really either. Ross only made big plays. If Pettis develops, he fills a need.

Ross, Pettis, and Chico are all vastly improved. Lenius has talent.
    We have impact receivers and plenty of receiver depth.
    Scholarships are crucial this year. Want to see that
    scholy go to a lineman. Nothing against Lenius.
    Just the need is in other spots.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Pettis was really good his freshman season. Just had a tough season last year.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I'd be shocked if Lenius ever plays another down for UW ... not saying that I know anything ... but hard to think he's anything but deep in the doghouse and a strong transfer candidate.
  • Options
    tvoietvoie Member Posts: 996
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I completely disagree about WR being a tough position to take another guy at if that guy is a 5-star talent. WRs like Lewis aren't lining up to come to UW. Hopefully in the future that's the case. For now, you make room period.
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    Lenius is redshirting this year, but I wonder if he will also graduate and then be a graduate transfer to another program (SJSU or Montana). Still think he has potential if you look at the improvement of others with actual coaching, but would be the most logical explanation of recruiting a 4th receiver.

They could also be looking at Cook as a safety or Jones maybe deciding he wants to try and catch throws 10 feet over his head the 4 plays a game the Utes aren't running.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

animate said:

And the ones who don't contribute are sent packing. Both Lenius and Pettis came in in the same class and were soft pussies last year. One of those guys completely changed his game and has become an absolute stud. The other guy fell off the depth chart. I'd be shocked if we ever saw Lenius again.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

animate said:

And the ones who don't contribute are sent packing. Both Lenius and Pettis came in in the same class and were soft pussies last year. One of those guys completely changed his game and has become an absolute stud. The other guy fell off the depth chart. I'd be shocked if we ever saw Lenius again.
    He gone .... Ross lived in the weight room during his time off and watched films

• Options
    Miley_CyrusMiley_Cyrus Member Posts: 793

7 WRs is the magic number. Just axe Rick.

7's the key number here. Think about it. 7-Elevens. 7 dwarves. 7, man, that's the number. 7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea. It's like you're dreamin' about Gorgonzola cheese when it's clearly Brie time, baby. Step into my office.

7 wins