Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

FYFMFE

AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

I may be citrus-bombing this place soon and go out in a blaze of old-man-gay-sex glory(hole).

FUCK

Comments

• Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Oh, and just noticed that SJSU hired Jimmy Lake who I would rather have in the HC chair at Oregon

FUCK
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,102
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AZDuck said:

Oh, and just noticed that SJSU hired Jimmy Lake who I would rather have in the HC chair at Oregon

FUCK

Nope

• Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Problem with Oregon is that I'm not sure that they could have gotten anybody better than Taggart considering that Ruhle reportedly turned them down for Baylor (LOL) ...

Taggart strikes me as a guy who probably has an 8-4 or 9-3 ceiling at the best ...

If I'm going to hire a coach from a non-P5 level, then the first criteria that I'm going to have for that hire is that that coach has won his conference before ... bare minimum that he's won his division. Taggart in 7 years of coaching can only claim that he's tied for his division championship once.

People have said that Taggart has some West Coast ties ... but those ties are for 3 years under Harbaugh at Stanford ... and let's be honest, Stanford is recruiting a vastly different kind of player than Oregon is.

From a UW perspective, it's very difficult for me to view this hire as a peer hire to compete with Petersen. And that makes me feel very good going forward. I'm probably more worried about what Anderson is going to do at Oregon State to be honest.

Jim Harbaugh doesn't have a conference title after six years of FBS coaching and it doesn't look like one is on the way any time soon either.

Taking over a couple floormats for a few years and demanding the highest success is pretty unrealistic.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,194
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

FUCK

I got @GrundleStiltzkin 'd.

FUCK YOU TOO @HuskyJW
    My work here is done.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Mosster47 said:

Tequilla said:

Problem with Oregon is that I'm not sure that they could have gotten anybody better than Taggart considering that Ruhle reportedly turned them down for Baylor (LOL) ...

Taggart strikes me as a guy who probably has an 8-4 or 9-3 ceiling at the best ...

If I'm going to hire a coach from a non-P5 level, then the first criteria that I'm going to have for that hire is that that coach has won his conference before ... bare minimum that he's won his division. Taggart in 7 years of coaching can only claim that he's tied for his division championship once.

People have said that Taggart has some West Coast ties ... but those ties are for 3 years under Harbaugh at Stanford ... and let's be honest, Stanford is recruiting a vastly different kind of player than Oregon is.

From a UW perspective, it's very difficult for me to view this hire as a peer hire to compete with Petersen. And that makes me feel very good going forward. I'm probably more worried about what Anderson is going to do at Oregon State to be honest.

Jim Harbaugh doesn't have a conference title after six years of FBS coaching and it doesn't look like one is on the way any time soon either.

Taking over a couple floormats for a few years and demanding the highest success is pretty unrealistic.
    Standard quook response talking themselves into the hire ...

Look, I have nothing against Taggart ...

I do think that it's somewhat important somewhere along the line for a coach to prove that he can stay at a job long enough to win with his own players ...

If you don't agree with that, I give you Oklahoma State in the mid-80's. Jimmy Johnson left after 1983 to go to Miami and turned the job over to Pat Jones ... Jones had a really good 1984 season (with the players Jimmy got) and that led to another strong class that ended with the whole Mike Gundy, Barry Sanders, and Hart Lee Dykes teams of the late 80's. Once those guys left Pat Jones fell on his face and it took Okie Lite another 4-5 years after they probably should have realized he wasn't the guy before they fired him and replaced him with ... Bob Simmons (that's another great hire).

Taggart has proven that he can turn around a program. I expect Oregon to be better than not in the next 2-3 years. That being said, Taggart has yet to prove that he can sustain a program ... and that's probably the hardest thing to do year to year. Look at Mark Dantonio this year and his 3-9 record ... he's a fantastic coach ... but it's easy to have a slip year or two. The good to great coaches when this happens can rebound and right the ship. Can Taggart?
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,444
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    AZDuck said:

I may be citrus-bombing this place soon and go out in a blaze of old-man-gay-sex glory(hole).

FUCK

Watch the threats buckaroo, or I'll move this thread to the NFL board.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Mosster47 said:

Tequilla said:

Standard quook response talking themselves into the hire ...

Look, I have nothing against Taggart ...

I do think that it's somewhat important somewhere along the line for a coach to prove that he can stay at a job long enough to win with his own players ...

If you don't agree with that, I give you Oklahoma State in the mid-80's. Jimmy Johnson left after 1983 to go to Miami and turned the job over to Pat Jones ... Jones had a really good 1984 season (with the players Jimmy got) and that led to another strong class that ended with the whole Mike Gundy, Barry Sanders, and Hart Lee Dykes teams of the late 80's. Once those guys left Pat Jones fell on his face and it took Okie Lite another 4-5 years after they probably should have realized he wasn't the guy before they fired him and replaced him with ... Bob Simmons (that's another great hire).

Taggart has proven that he can turn around a program. I expect Oregon to be better than not in the next 2-3 years. That being said, Taggart has yet to prove that he can sustain a program ... and that's probably the hardest thing to do year to year. Look at Mark Dantonio this year and his 3-9 record ... he's a fantastic coach ... but it's easy to have a slip year or two. The good to great coaches when this happens can rebound and right the ship. Can Taggart?
    I'm not talking myself into anything. He isn't the guy I would have hired. I wouldn't have even interviewed him. If he were white Tony Dungy could care less if he were alive or dead and he wouldn't be force feeding him onto Oregon and the national media. No, Oregon didn't hire him because he is black, but he wouldn't have gotten the job if he wasn't.

If the rumors of his 5 year/$3.25 million contract is true then it really does show that Phil is done with the program and they actually had to stay in budget. Oregon breaks even on a razor thin budget, so a team hiring a coach for $600k a year that has played for two NC's in the past six years tells you they are broke or aren't serious.

I will be in the land of cotton well before this guy lands his first recruit. So, Roll Tide.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,345
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Wait it is 3.25 mil over 5 years, not PER year?

That is serious?
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,345
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Google says 5 years/16mil and that he owes USF 1.7 mil on his buyout. So Oregon is still paying decent money.