Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Pinkel, turn in your whistle and headset...

Been waiting 12 years for this dipfuck to win a big game. Often times because it would benefit the pac10/12. I complained early in the week he'd choke against a VERY BEATABLE and OVERRATED Georgia. So he went in at halftime 28-10. Georgia makes a few adjustments and same ole' Pinkel-coached team.

Can't fucking run the ball when he needs to. Its his same ole' lame 4wr offense. And this is against all true freshmen corners.

This was Dinkel's chance to kick Georgia's overrated ass out the top10, and make room for a pac12 team. Fire that ignant sonbitch

Comments

• puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    oh shit, a trick play just put mizzou up 34-26. Could this be Pinkel's first signature win in 20-something years as a head coach? come on Mizzou!
  • Gary Pinkel is yet another Doog myth that despite the facts they just ignore it. They insist he's a great coach and UW should have hired him instead of Rick.

I hate the Doogs.
    OK, Pinkel finally won a big game. Take back your whistle and headset. We'll see how many spots Georgia drops. I call 3 spots
    last road win top10 team for mizzou?? 1981. Nice work. now UCLA can get into top10
  • "What does that asshole @RaceBannon have to say now? Pinkel is a good coach"- Bleenor.
  • priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,063
    Half of the Georgia O is out injured - all their WRs and RBs, they will lose some more games to top 40 teams.
  • Your_MomYour_Mom Member Posts: 393
    edited October 2013
    Wasn't Pinkel our OC before Gilby became the OC in 89 or 90? Didn't the boosters basically force James to look for a more innovative OC, and so Pinkel was "encouraged" to take a HC gig at a smaller school to allow us to make room for Gilby? I can't recall the exact history but it seems like he was the guy that was our OC when everybody said we needed a more innovative OC and so Gilby was tapped.

Anyway, in spite of him being a James guy, I don't see what so many see in him. Mizzou is seldom any good.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
  • Your_Mom said:

Wasn't Pinkel our OC before Gilby became the OC in 89 or 90? Didn't the boosters basically force James to look for a more innovative OC, and so Pinkel was "encouraged" to take a HC gig at a smaller school to allow us to make room for Gilby? I can't recall the exact history but it seems like he was the guy that was our OC when everybody said we needed a more innovative OC and so Gilby was tapped.

Anyway, in spite of him being a James guy, I don't see what so many see in him. Mizzou is seldom any good.

Gilby came in 1989 as the OL coach while Pinkel remained as OC. However you are correct that Gilby was the new up and coming offensive "guru" so when Pinkel left as OC after 1990 to take over for Toledo after Nick Saban left(went 9-2) Gilby was OC.

I'm sure Gilby was also the "back up" plan if they had to force James to retire given his run of mediocrity from 1985-1988.