Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

If we run for 100 yards we win this game

Comments

• Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2016
    OK, I just want to say one thing. The Crimson Tide puts their pants on one leg at a time just like us. We are going to run Gascan. Jake "Cobra" Browning will have his game dialed in. The big white line will be ready to rumble. The polynesian, Gaines, and colored guys on our D interior will be ready to rumble. The kicking game will be solid.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

OK, I just want to say one thing. The Crimson Tide puts their pants on one leg at a time just like us. We are going to run Gascan. Jake "Cobra" Browning will have his game dialed in. The big white line will be ready to rumble. The polynesian, Gaines, and colored guys on our D interior will be ready to rumble. The kicking game will be solid.

Gascan is a moniker strictly reserved for Mariner relievers.
  • Options
    BaphometBaphomet Member Posts: 1,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

dhdawg said:

I'm not expecting us to win, nor to have much success on offense.
    Losing 27-13 or something would be acceptable. Don't pull a MSU.

If death row can force hurts into some bad throws or UW gets a ST TD UW has a chance.

And I know people hate them, but you will need to run at least one trick play

I don't think anyone hates trick plays but they do hate 3 or 4 in one half.
    Unless they all somehow work.

Then I love them.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Ard_Rhi said:

Mad_Son said:

BlowItUp said:

BlowItUp said:

there are not many ways to beat Bama, but thier run D is historically good. we need the browning pre Oregon state to show up or we are fucked.

You don't beat Bama with trick plays and Bubble screens

HTH
    Cause we should for sure try to line up and run it straight at a team giving up 2.03 yards per rush. Good game plan.
    There are other options than exclusively running up the middle. For us to be successful we will have to use a north south running game but coupled with a strong showing from browning in the short and intermediate passing game. At no point should jake attempt to go deep or it will get picked.
    Bama fan here, the deep ball is tricky with Bama. It can bite you, but it bites Bama way more often than you might think. By nature of Saban's aggressive design, big plays do get open, and Bama's best corner, Marlon Humphrey, has a penchant for giving up big plays down field. Kid never, EVER turns his head around to look for the ball. He can be had, despite being a future top 15 pick. He frustrates the hell out of me.

It's harder to run outside of the tackles, than up the middle. This defense is FAST. Reuben Foster is a heat seeking missile, but only weighs 235 at mlb. This D is a tad lighter in the britches than past defenses, but the pass rush is nasty because of it.

One note not many people realize. Bama has played 10 top 50 offenses. 10. 1/5th of the top 50. This might just be Saban's best defense at Bama. This team can absolutely shut down anyone if they play up to even half of their potential.

I'll go on an equally long diatribe about the offense at some point.
    the suspense is killing me.

You know, I am honestly starting to think some of these new posters are actually genuine. I know it's a long shot, but when they write stuff about a kid not turning his head to look for the ball. Shit, I only went to half of the Oregon st. game this year. I don't know who fucking turns his head to look for the ball. This is like the fan I was way back almost 20 years ago when I could still drink the cool-aid. Back when I cared. Before I got interested in small college football, went over to the enemy. Actually I think IF this team had the soul of the 2000 Huskies, they'd win. I don't know if Browning has what it takes. Tui would pull out a win, somehow. They didn't have the talent of this team, but they could COMPETE.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Alabama has historically struggled against the hurry up spread teams ... see Saban's comments about hurry up offenses and whatnot.

It's not that UW needs to snap the ball quickly and maximize the number of snaps. It's more that UW can't allow them to ever get stationary in our formations before the snap whether that comes from staying in the huddle and quick snapping it on them OR using shifting formations (a Pete staple).
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Ard_Rhi said:

Mad_Son said:

BlowItUp said:

BlowItUp said:

there are not many ways to beat Bama, but thier run D is historically good. we need the browning pre Oregon state to show up or we are fucked.

HTH
    Cause we should for sure try to line up and run it straight at a team giving up 2.03 yards per rush. Good game plan.
    There are other options than exclusively running up the middle. For us to be successful we will have to use a north south running game but coupled with a strong showing from browning in the short and intermediate passing game. At no point should jake attempt to go deep or it will get picked.
    Bama fan here, the deep ball is tricky with Bama. It can bite you, but it bites Bama way more often than you might think. By nature of Saban's aggressive design, big plays do get open, and Bama's best corner, Marlon Humphrey, has a penchant for giving up big plays down field. Kid never, EVER turns his head around to look for the ball. He can be had, despite being a future top 15 pick. He frustrates the hell out of me.

It's harder to run outside of the tackles, than up the middle. This defense is FAST. Reuben Foster is a heat seeking missile, but only weighs 235 at mlb. This D is a tad lighter in the britches than past defenses, but the pass rush is nasty because of it.

One note not many people realize. Bama has played 10 top 50 offenses. 10. 1/5th of the top 50. This might just be Saban's best defense at Bama. This team can absolutely shut down anyone if they play up to even half of their potential.

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/points-per-game

?

I see 5 (USC, WKU, Miss, Tenn, A&M), what metric are you using? Also using top 50 as a bragging data point when there's ~118 is a pretty tenuous claim.

Otherwise, good post. Stick around.
  • Options
    Ard_RhiArd_Rhi Member Posts: 5
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic First Comment
    edited December 2016

Ard_Rhi said:

Mad_Son said:

BlowItUp said:

BlowItUp said:

HTH

You know, I am honestly starting to think some of these new posters are actually genuine. I know it's a long shot, but when they write stuff about a kid not turning his head to look for the ball. Shit, I only went to half of the Oregon st. game this year. I don't know who fucking turns his head to look for the ball. This is like the fan I was way back almost 20 years ago when I could still drink the cool-aid. Back when I cared. Before I got interested in small college football, went over to the enemy. Actually I think IF this team had the soul of the 2000 Huskies, they'd win. I don't know if Browning has what it takes. Tui would pull out a win, somehow. They didn't have the talent of this team, but they could COMPETE.
    Was more of a warning that it would be incoming, than an advertisement.

I fully expect this to be a competitive game. Bama is going to hear how they should blow out UDub for the next month, and UDub will be told they can't win. I trust Saban, but kids will be kids, and I expect UDub to hit Bama in the teeth as hard as they can from the word go. Would be disappointed in anything less. Blowouts are easy on the nerves, but close games are always more fun in the long run.

There is a specific formula to beating Bama, and Washington has the ingredients to make the right stew. Doing it, on the other hand, is the trick.

All of that being said, based on what I've seen from both teams. If both played their A+ games for 4 quarters, Bama wins by 21+. This teams peak capabilites are insanely high, we haven't even played a B+ game yet this year.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Ard_Rhi said:

Ard_Rhi said:

Mad_Son said:

BlowItUp said:

BlowItUp said:

HTH

Was more of a warning that it would be incoming, than an advertisement.

I fully expect this to be a competitive game. Bama is going to hear how they should blow out UDub for the next month, and UDub will be told they can't win. I trust Saban, but kids will be kids, and I expect UDub to hit Bama in the teeth as hard as they can from the word go. Would be disappointed in anything less. Blowouts are easy on the nerves, but close games are always more fun in the long run.

There is a specific formula to beating Bama, and Washington has the ingredients to make the right stew. Doing it, on the other hand, is the trick.

All of that being said, based on what I've seen from both teams. If both played their A+ games for 4 quarters, Bama wins by 21+. This teams peak capabilites are insanely high, we haven't even played a B+ game yet this year.
    10-14 think you are underestimating Washington a bit lol...
  • Options
    edited December 2016

Why the fuck is there actual football talk on this board? I come here for Psalm jokes and citrus invites.

right.... I long ago quit chest puffing over which set of teenagers/minors will beat which teenagers/minors on the gridiron. I did that and then I was rooting hard for Eastern to knock off washington. Twice... but having said that, this might be the best Huskie team talent wise, as we can all plainly see, possibly 2nd only to the '91 team. I don't see Alabama really as having the upper hand at all. Didn't the SEC fold the tent a couple of years ago and go home in the playoffs? Keep in mind, also, Stanford didn't even get a shot at the playoffs last year.
  • Options
    OctavianOctavian Member Posts: 71
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    "We ran for 100 yards against Bama." But we still lost, say 34-3?
  • Options
    halfbrainmanmolderhalfbrainmanmolder Member Posts: 212
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes
    Ard_Rhi said:

You obviously did not watch our Brownsocks play this season. Marlon does not need to turn his head. As long as your corner can keep up with our WRs, our accurate noodle arm quarterback will hit the number on the BACK of his shirt.
  • Options
    Ard_RhiArd_Rhi Member Posts: 5
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic First Comment
    Gladstone said:

Ard_Rhi said:

Mad_Son said:

BlowItUp said:

BlowItUp said:

HTH

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/points-per-game

?

I see 5 (USC, WKU, Miss, Tenn, A&M), what metric are you using? Also using top 50 as a bragging data point when there's ~118 is a pretty tenuous claim.

Otherwise, good post. Stick around.
    Was using the S&P offensive rating.

** These ranking were before week 14. WKU is the only team that played this past weekend on the list though, and they went nuts on offense.

S&P Opponents by Offense 2016
    #17 - Western Kentucky
    #19 - USC
    #22 - Ole Miss
    #24 - LSU
    #31 - Tennessee
    #32 - Texas A&M
    #35 - Auburn
    #41 - Mississippi State
    #42 - Arkansas
    #48 - Kentucky
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,093
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited December 2016
    Ard_Rhi said:

And our QB, despite having been in the Heisman conversation at one point, under throws 95% of deep balls he attempts. It sounds like he will have a chance for salvation against a corner who won't turn around.
    Ard_Rhi said:

This is something that very much concerns me. Our coaches love to run outside but we have proven we can not do that effectively against athletic defenses. I think this is a major sticking point. We did a good job of committing to running hard at Colorado but I am very skeptical we will try that against Alabama. After all we will be much more effective running something stupid that you only 33% expect than something we are good at that you are 67% ready for. Fuck I hate Jonathan Smith.
    Ard_Rhi said:

Not a side by side comparison of top 50 offenses, but while we're on the topic. According to S&P UW has played 14,15,17 ranked offenses with Bama being ranked 16. We've allowed 27, 26, 14 points in those games, and I think we could very well hold Alabama in the same 14-28 point range. If that holds that will make the real match up your defense vs our offense. Ole Miss and Arkansas both exceeded 28 points against you so it can be done. Next most was 16 allowed versus Florida though so as noted the defense is stingy. With a bad game plan we will be lucky to reach 16 because this offense can fall apart quickly. If our quarterback is not having a bad day we should be able to string together some points, despite how good the defense is.