Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Washington versus Clemson

dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Clemson's best win was at #11. They also won at #14. Those wins were by a total of 9 points combined. They also beat #13 Louisville by 6 at home and #22 Virginia Tech by 7 on a neutral field.

Four quality wins by a total of 22 points. Their loss was at home to #23 by 1.

Washington's best win was neutral over #10 by 31 points. We also beat #18 by 38, and won at #19 by 7.

Three quality wins by a total of 76 points. Our loss was at home by 13 to #9.

So UW has a better win and better loss, but Clemson has more quality wins and perhaps most importantly better road wins (as well as the better non conference schedule).

UW is a better team as evidenced by margin of victory but Clemson had a tougher road. They deserve to be higher than us.

Ohio State makes no sense - they should either be #2 because their resume is better than Clemson and us, or #4 because they don't have the conference championship. I don't get them at 3 but whatever.

tl;dr: sucks for Bama

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    If you can't see that they are trying to promote the National Championship game against Alabama by throwing the new kid on the block to go get slaughtered by the lion in his den, then I can't help you.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2016
    Tequilla said:

If you can't see that they are trying to promote the National Championship game against Alabama by throwing the new kid on the block to go get slaughtered by the lion in his den, then I can't help you.

I could maybe buy the "they don't want to rematch tOSU and Bama in the semis again" argument, but not that.