Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Super secret silent commit

Comments

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    BlowItUp said:

it better be foster god dammit

He's not decided yet. He's legit trying to find the best fit for him.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,983
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    pete is totally down with the super secret verbals so they can still take trips while we hold their spot.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

It's Pola-Mao your next Qb eating , tailback chasing, heat on the edge Buck

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Davis from Bosco ....
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    AEB said:

animate said:

We're finally going to see Ruben Foster play, FYI.
    Damn, I was wishing for Lorenzo Booker...
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I expect references to the secret recruit to continue up until the faxes are in (faxes...what the fuck year is this?) and the LOIs will be all the ones we were expecting.
  • Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    I heard there is a secret big public announcement for Oregon yesterday at 4pm. I'm sitting around anxiously waiting.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Passion said:

animate said:

Nah, it's probably a 'sleeper' that leaves all of us experts scratching our heads. Then a year from now he'll be the next Nick Harris giving Pete the right to laugh at scout.com player rankings.
    Scout and Rivals suck. 24/7 is the best.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    edited December 2016

Passion said:

animate said:

Nah, it's probably a 'sleeper' that leaves all of us experts scratching our heads. Then a year from now he'll be the next Nick Harris giving Pete the right to laugh at scout.com player rankings.
    Scout probably has the best rankings individually, but 247 composite is a much better measure. If there was a way to look at the 247 composite rankings with ESPN's ranking excluded it would be perfect... don't think I have to explain why ESPN's rankings are trash.

Also... comparing classes should be done looking at the avg. composite player ratings that 247 has. Not average stars. Coker/DDY y'all are great recruiting guru's but that's honestly the dumbest shit y'all do in the podcast when you compare team's recruiting classes. Doesn't take into account the massive gap in talent between the guys just shy of 5*, and those just above 3*.

Example: Bama has an avg. star rating of 3.88 on Scout for 2017, just above OSU's 3.84. But the avg player rating per 247 composite has Bama at 92.35, OSU at 96.09. Massive difference, and it's very clear OSU is far and away beating Bama this recruiting cycle.
  • Options
    HuskiesADWHuskiesADW Member Posts: 141
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper 5 Awesomes
    Ohio State has a 4.31 average star ranking on Scout while Bama has a 3.91...Not sure what you are talking about here.
  • Options
    edited December 2016

Ohio State has a 4.31 average star ranking on Scout while Bama has a 3.91...Not sure what you are talking about here.

Fuck me I was looking at 2016 for scout. Ignore that, I'll take my downvotes. But overall point still stands.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,708
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    NEsnake12 said:

Passion said:

animate said:

Scout probably has the best rankings individually, but 247 composite is a much better measure. If there was a way to look at the 247 composite rankings with ESPN's ranking excluded it would be perfect... don't think I have to explain why ESPN's rankings are trash.

Also... comparing classes should be done looking at the avg. composite player ratings that 247 has. Not average stars. Coker/DDY y'all are great recruiting guru's but that's honestly the dumbest shit y'all do in the podcast when you compare team's recruiting classes. Doesn't take into account the massive gap in talent between the guys just shy of 5*, and those just above 3*.

Example: Bama has an avg. star rating of 3.88 on Scout for 2017, just above OSU's 3.84. But the avg player rating per 247 composite has Bama at 92.35, OSU at 96.09. Massive difference, and it's very clear OSU is far and away beating Bama this recruiting cycle.
    If the recruiting analysts were accurate enough to be able to differentiate between high and low 4*s then they would create another category.

Basically what they can do is identify 50 players who are absolute freaks of nature andpractically already NFL caliber and just need to not totally fuck up, then another 300 or so guys who are really fucking good like 99.99 percentile good...after that your guess is as good as mine. Give them all 3*.
  • Options

NEsnake12 said:

Passion said:

animate said:

If the recruiting analysts were accurate enough to be able to differentiate between high and low 4*s then they would create another category.

Basically what they can do is identify 50 players who are absolute freaks of nature andpractically already NFL caliber and just need to not totally fuck up, then another 300 or so guys who are really fucking good like 99.99 percentile good...after that your guess is as good as mine. Give them all 3*.
    It's taking into account the discrepancies between the stars one site gives vs. the others, as well as the gap in position rankings.

When one guy only has a 4th star on one of the sites then it can account for that. Taylor Rapp only got a 4th star on 247 and got disrespected on the other sites... as a result comes out as a higher rated composite 3* than someone like Kamari Pleasant.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2016
    Average stars isn't what it used to be because it seems like nobody is ever ranked below 3 stars.

I know we are getting higher caliber players now, but in the mid 2000's there were a ton of two star guys. Greyson Gunheim (I know he wasn't great) had offers from UW, Oregon, and Nebraska but was still a two star. There were quite a few guys like that. That would never happen today.

There is no bigger discrepancy in recruiting than a high 3 star to a low 3 star yet in average stars they count the same. That seems FS to me. I'm sure that is true for 4 star players as well.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,895
    Founders Club

Passion said:

animate said:

Scout and Rivals suck. 24/7 is @CokeGreaterThanPepsi & @Dennis_DeYoung are the best.
  • Options

Average stars isn't what it used to be because it seems like nobody is ever ranked below 3 stars.

I know we are getting higher caliber players now, but in the mid 2000's there were a ton of two star guys. Greyson Gunheim (I know he wasn't great) had offers from UW, Oregon, and Nebraska but was still a two star. There were quite a few guys like that. That would never happen today.

There is no bigger discrepancy in recruiting than a high 3 star to a low 3 star yet in average stars they count the same. That seems FS to me. I'm sure that is true for 4 star players as well.

Absolutely. It's almost an automatic 3* ranking if they get a D1 offer, and then the majority of the FCS/DII kids aren't even ranked at all instead of given 2*. Ruins comparing old classes to now.
  • Options
    HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651

You posted this exact same thing last year under the name HUSKYFANATIC

Kingkongboner?