Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Alabama Florida game thread

2»

Comments

• Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

UW can beat Alabama. I know to J and a few others that is crazy, but Hurts won't be able to throw on UW.

If Smith puts the chains on Browning and doesn't allow him to make dumb throws, UW wins. You heard it here first.

We aren't running the ball on them, that's a given.

Browning is going to have to return to Stanford/Oregon game form and pick Bama apart in the intermediate passing game if UW is going to have any chance. Your completely right about not making dumb throws, he'll need to be coached into throwing it away a little more often.

Azeem will be deeply missed defending Bama's run game.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Bama sucks. Um ya.

Someone said they did?
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    NEsnake12 said:

UW can beat Alabama. I know to J and a few others that is crazy, but Hurts won't be able to throw on UW.

If Smith puts the chains on Browning and doesn't allow him to make dumb throws, UW wins. You heard it here first.

We aren't running the ball on them, that's a given.

Disagree.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I'm seeing some parallels to Alabama-ND in 2012. hope I'm wrong
  • Options
    I get we're a better team than ND was, but so is bama now than what they were at that time. I don't think we have the athletes yet
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

If you can stop the Bama defense from scoring you might have a chance

I'm hearing you win the game if you outscore them
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    Founders Club
    dhdawg said:

I'm seeing some parallels to Alabama-ND in 2012. hope I'm wrong

Petersen will spend the majority of the 30 days off interviewing for NFL jobs?

Budda Baker will find out he's the victim of a year-long catfishing scheme and mentally go into the toilet before the game?

Browning (even Brownshorts) >>>>>> Golson

UW OL >>>>> ND 2012 OL (Zach Martin a beast though, but give me Trey any day)

Only advantage ND 2012 had MAYBE maybe maybe was DL with Nix and Tuitt and Kapron Lewis Moore. Every other functional group is a UW advantage.

Especially coaching. And special teams.
  • Options
    florida is terrible
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,477
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fellow bubble screen warrior Nussemeir is getting destroyed out there. Babushka pay attention, a bubble screen that takes 4 seconds to develop does not work against Bammer!
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,602
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I hear that we want Bama.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Bama is not invincible, but the Huskies were soundly beaten by Bama Lite, and it wasn't just Brownshorts that led to the loss. I really like this Husky Team, but I don't think they're ready for a team like Bama yet.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2016

Bama is not invincible, but the Huskies were soundly beaten by Bama Lite, and it wasn't just Brownshorts that led to the loss. I really like this Husky Team, but I don't think they're ready for a team like Bama yet.
    I don't think so either, but they have a shot.

Bama gave up 400+ in the air to Ole Miss. I don't think they are as invincible as most. Their RB's are good, but not Bama good. Hurts running ability helps that though. The SEC was really down this year.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

I don't think so either, but they have a shot.

Bama gave up 400+ in the air to Ole Miss. I don't think they are as invincible as most. Their RB's are good, but not Bama good. Hurts running ability helps that though. The SEC was really down this year.
    That's true, but it really doesn't matter. 2016 Bama is as dominant as 2004 USC. I don't see anyone in the likely field hanging with them for four quarters.