Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Brownshorts threw a pick-6.

TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
To John Ross. There is no other way to describe that abortion of a scoring play.

Comments

• Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

If anything, Browning's pants shitting in the last third-to-half of the season is very promising for this program. We don't need to rely on him to win games, and are a complete team all across the board. Too many programs come and go on a year-to-year basis because they have hot seasons where the QB carried them, and then they eat shit once that guy leaves. That's not us. Browning is very good, but he's not a rare talent that seasons are built around. We're going to be great with him and we're going to be great once he leaves.

Agree all. UW is in great shape, as long as Smiff doesn't try to force Brownshorts into being something he's not.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

The best part about that play is that ChrisPetersenWow.gif will probably be a thing for awhile.

Huh?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

dflea said:

That was just a tremendous play by Ross.

I went from having an aneurism to having a boner in 2 seconds.

Whynotboth.gif

And, ohhhhhh, @PurpleThrobber

• Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    dflea said:

That was just a tremendous play by Ross.

I went from having an aneurism to having a boner and blowing a load in 2 seconds.

• Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    2001400ex said:

Passion said:

TTJ said:

To John Ross. There is no other way to describe that abortion of a scoring play.

To his credit, he was visibly dismayed after the play - he knew he had no business completing that

I like that he seems to know when he's fucked up on plays
    So now we're complimenting him for having an expression when fucking up?
    Recognizing you fucked up means you know you need to continue to improve. Under Sark everyone would have celebrated that (I can see just Sark chest bumping the players coming off the field after the play)

Having said that, I would like to know why he has regressed a bit the last month or so

Cause other teams learned from USC that you need to get in Browning's face. Teams like Cal and WSU don't have the secondary to pressure our receivers so he could throw a ton against them. If last nights game was against a shitty defense he would have lit them up too.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of Browning and I think he has great vision of the field. But many of his explosive plays he under threw the receiver. Or the receiver was completely wide open.

Let's also not forget that last night we had the most dropped passes of any game this year. Ross went all Kearse on us.

I'm hoping with a month to prepare, we can devise a better scheme to get receivers open against a great defensive line and secondary.
    Saban will learn a lot from SC and CU.

He will blitz like hell every down.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,521
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bama actually turns that one into a pick 6.

IMO
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,521
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

PurpleJ said:

Bama actually turns that one into a pick 6.

IMO

Disagree. Bama gets to Jake sooner and gets the sack.

Maybe the fumble 6, definitely not a pick 6.
    Well played