Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Why I want a 4 seed

I underdtand wanting to get a 3 so you don't have to face Bama in the semifinal. But Petersen is known to ratchet it up a notch when he has a month to prepare.

The path to the national championship goes through Alabama anyway. I'd rather see the Huskies have a month to prepare for them than a week.

I'm hoping for a 4 seed.

Comments

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,982
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Like the Oklahoma state game. Faggy wink
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,708
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    This hot take has been posted numerous times.

The obvious error is assuming BAMA wins the other semi which is not a guarantee.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,235
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited December 2016
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,907
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I want Ohio State, then Wisconsin for the natty
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,093
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

The obvious error is assuming BAMA wins the other semi which is not a guarantee.

The question is what are the odds of Alabama being upset and what is the differential in Petersen prep vs Saban prep. Honestly feels like a wash to me since both are going to be quite small imo.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Rather not get beat up by Bama in first round physically
  • Options
    Mad_Son said:

The question is what are the odds of Alabama being upset and what is the differential in Petersen prep vs Saban prep. Honestly feels like a wash to me since both are going to be quite small imo.
    What is quite small? 5% chance of upset? 15%? 25%?

And like other luminous poasters have pointed out there are other unquantifiable psychological factors such as needing to remain motivated after tackling Goliath and not getting beat up physically.
  • Options

Mad_Son said:

And like other luminous poasters have pointed out there are other unquantifiable psychological factors such as needing to remain motivated after tackling Goliath and not getting beat up physically.
    So far we have an insufficient sample size to even begin to estimate the rate that this team gets upset since it hasn't happened. If you want to go dig into historic data be my guest. Quite small in this case I'd say is < 10%.

Until you pony up and contribute something beyond questioning other people's posts you'll never be more than a second rate troll here. There's nothing wrong with that, that's pretty prestigious in fact, but putting yourself out there and proving people wrong >> poking from the sideline. If you're so proud of recognizing the chance that Alabama could get upset in the first round, why not tell us how likely that actually is? You estimated 15-20% in some other thread iirc which at face value sounds about as meaningful as anyone else's estimate of how much extra planning time helps Petersen.
  • Options
    Mad_Son said:

Mad_Son said:

So far we have an insufficient sample size to even begin to estimate the rate that this team gets upset since it hasn't happened. If you want to go dig into historic data be my guest. Quite small in this case I'd say is < 10%.

Until you pony up and contribute something beyond questioning other people's posts you'll never be more than a second rate troll here. There's nothing wrong with that, that's pretty prestigious in fact, but putting yourself out there and proving people wrong >> poking from the sideline. If you're so proud of recognizing the chance that Alabama could get upset in the first round, why not tell us how likely that actually is? You estimated 15-20% in some other thread iirc which at face value sounds about as meaningful as anyone else's estimate of how much extra planning time helps Petersen.
    Youmadbro?

Just wondering what you meant by quite small. Thank you for your answer and thank you for your service.
  • Options

Mad_Son said:

Mad_Son said:

Youmadbro?

Just wondering what you meant by quite small. Thank you for your answer and thank you for your service.
    It was just an observation of a pattern. You seem to have never pmed @IrishDawg22 to get fully dialed in. I'm glad you found my response fulfilling.