Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Budda Baker

dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
edited December 2016 in Hardcore Husky Board
since we all know you're gone after this season, thank you. Seriously. you could have followed the path of every other big time in state recruit at the time and left, but you didn't.

You'll be remembered for a long time

Comments

• Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

Budda is an instant Husky legend

might go down as the best safety ever. never saw lawyer milloy play, but budda is special
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    That's the best defensive football player i have seen in the purple and gold.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    But Rapp might have something to say about that
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,066
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I was too young to really analyze Milloy's game, but it's hard to imagine a safety as good as Budda.

He's hardly even a safety. Just a chess piece that snuffs out passes in the flat better than anyone I've ever seen. He blitzes very well, is a great open field tackler, and has crazy quicks. The pick where he landed on the sideline was unreal.

My only regret about today is he missed a kill shot opportunity on Sefo that would have been amazing.

He was always good, but the past 4-5 games he's been incredible and really cemented his legacy.

There are members of the 1991 team that say Milloy would not have started on that team. That he wasn't sound fundamentally, and became much better as a pro.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I love Budda so much. With all my heart.

He's up there with Marques for me.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    But perhaps it wasn't 91 that I remember him from. I don't know when he started and made his name
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

I was too young to really analyze Milloy's game, but it's hard to imagine a safety as good as Budda.

He's hardly even a safety. Just a chess piece that snuffs out passes in the flat better than anyone I've ever seen. He blitzes very well, is a great open field tackler, and has crazy quicks. The pick where he landed on the sideline was unreal.

My only regret about today is he missed a kill shot opportunity on Sefo that would have been amazing.

He was always good, but the past 4-5 games he's been incredible and really cemented his legacy.

There are members of the 1991 team that say Milloy would not have started on that team. That he wasn't sound fundamentally, and became much better as a pro.
    Interesting, and completely disagree.

You should PM me, DJ - lots of dates/facts incorrect.

Or Irish Doog - your call

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,983
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2016

By chance were their names Shane and tommie that told you that? Milloy was awesome but had freedom to play center field and ad lib a lot.
    Kidding aside I have a feeling that the coaches would have found a way make him more fundamentally sound if that was what it took to get him on the field.
    As it turned out our secondary from the 91 team was not that good in the pros, apparently it was not that hard to cover people for 1.5 seconds while the rest of college football figured out how to attack the 46 defense and block Stan empertan.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    godawgst said:

Keeping Budda here for Pete, was as important as coach James keeping Joe Steele here back in the day. The lifeblood for this program will always start with keeping the local kids home. Thank you young man, you will be a dawg legend forever.

This. Budda is the Joe Steele/Paul Arnold of the Petersen era. But he's had a greater career (due in part to injury avoidance) than either of those guys.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Joe was pretty damn good.