Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Pac 12 football on TV

I wonder how much the selection committee weighs this factor in?

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I may be in the minority or biased but the Ohio State Michigan game sucked. I also think most Pac 12 games suck too. It's not that it was low scoring but there is a difference between good defense and inept offense. It's the old SEC argument.

I do think the committee will pair Ohio State and Bama in the semis because they cost their broadcast partners a ton of money with the New Year's Eve games. (which I like)

Ohio State draws big numbers for a game against Indiana.

Last year's Michigan State - Iowa game was much the same. Most (me included) talked about the great, hard hitting defense. Both teams go on to get absolutely plungered.

I think Ohio State is a little different because they are coached but Urban Meyer and are Ohio State, but the B1G doesn't really have be best track record recently. They might get plungered.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,711
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    priapism said:

I wonder how much the selection committee weighs this factor in?
    How can anyone watch games that aren't on TV?
  • Options
    priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

I may be in the minority or biased but the Ohio State Michigan game sucked. I also think most Pac 12 games suck too. It's not that it was low scoring but there is a difference between good defense and inept offense. It's the old SEC argument.

I do think the committee will pair Ohio State and Bama in the semis because they cost their broadcast partners a ton of money with the New Year's Eve games. (which I like)

I thought that Ohio State - Michigan game was also very boring. Harbaugh's theatrics couldn't even make it exciting. I actually fell asleep with like 4-6 mins left in the 4th Q. Afterwards, I had no regrets missing the OT, because it was so boring. Big 10(14) Football is just very boring for some reason.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Last year's Michigan State - Iowa game was much the same. Most (me included) talked about the great, hard hitting defense. Both teams go on to get absolutely plungered.

I think Ohio State is a little different because they are coached but Urban Meyer and are Ohio State, but the B1G doesn't really have be best track record recently. They might get plungered.
    The B1G was just so fucked with an 8-game conference schedule last year... where Iowa played absolutely 0 decent teams because of the schedule making them miss the OSU/Michigan/MSU gauntlet from the East, and had a shit non-conference slate. The move to 9 conference games this year helped a lot with the parity... so know we know the West champ Wisconsin can hang with the big boys since they actually played each other. Instead of getting 1 extra drecky nonconference team to beat up on.
  • Options
    priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Oklahomo State should probably be more in the top 4 discussion after the debacle against the Chippewas extra play at the end of that game. But nobody really watches them...
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    But how is larry scott a horrible pac-12 commissioner?
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,985
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    You mean to tell me that the west coast does t give a shit about college football? Shocking.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I do think there's a chance that Ohio St goes down to 4 in the end ... conference championships have to mean something
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Don't think you're in the minority at all.
    It was some of the worst QB play I've seen in a long while.
    Granted, two really good defenses but not enjoyable
    watching a bunch of buffaloes playing phone booth
    football.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    whuggy said:

Don't think you're in the minority at all.
    It was some of the worst QB play I've seen in a long while.
    Granted, two really good defenses but not enjoyable
    watching a bunch of buffaloes playing phone booth
    football.
    Why do all your posts look like you're writing a haiku?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,404
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    NEsnake12 said:

The B1G was just so fucked with an 8-game conference schedule last year... where Iowa played absolutely 0 decent teams because of the schedule making them miss the OSU/Michigan/MSU gauntlet from the East, and had a shit non-conference slate. The move to 9 conference games this year helped a lot with the parity... so know we know the West champ Wisconsin can hang with the big boys since they actually played each other. Instead of getting 1 extra drecky nonconference team to beat up on.
    Yeah the B1G divisions are fucked up. Especially if Penn State is BACK. Ohio State and Michigan insisted on being in the same division so they could play every year and not play back to back games if they both won their division. Second thoughts?

They could do what the Cali schools did and split divisions but still play every year.

The West is a steaming pile of shit. Iowa, Classy, and Wisconsin are not ever going to be great again. Iowa never was.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,859
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Ole Siss has two games in the top 10? People are stupid, gullible, and will watch anything.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,291
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I also thought tOsu vs Mich was boring. Hot garbage QB play is not exciting. It's funny but not exciting.

• Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840

Ole Siss has two games in the top 10? People are stupid, gullible, and will watch anything.

Those were both good and entertaining games. Not sure why you have sand in your cunt about Ole Miss, but it seems to be a recurring theme with you.
  • Options
    mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    priapism said:

I thought that Ohio State - Michigan game was also very boring. Harbaugh's theatrics couldn't even make it exciting. I actually fell asleep with like 4-6 mins left in the 4th Q. Afterwards, I had no regrets missing the OT, because it was so boring. Big 10(14) Football is just very boring for some reason.
    Why you should wait until after the game to fap
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    mobey said:

priapism said:

Why you should wait until after the game to fap
    You try making it through an entire game without masturbating to Jake Butt.