Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

ESPN: Congrats Washington, but don't get too comfortable

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Ohio State has a lot more to worry about.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    UW and Michigan are close right now, but that changes if UW wins as they'll add a P12 championship, another Top10-15 win, and Michigan potentially loses a top-10 win (if PSU gets destroyed).
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

UW and Michigan are close right now, but that changes if UW wins as they'll add a P12 championship, another Top10-15 win, and Michigan potentially loses a top-10 win (if PSU gets destroyed).

Michigan gets jumped by the B1G winner.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

Michigan gets jumped by the B1G winner.
    Maybe, but UM has head-to-head over both of them. The douche on ESPN made it sound like conference championships is one of several metrics they use to compare teams, not necessarily the most important.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

It's a fucking joke that ohio state is ranked #2. They lose to penn state, they barely beat michigan state AND they barely beat northwestern. They also barely beat a michigan team in columbus that arguably outplayed them and gave the game away because of their injured QB's ineptness. Plus ohio state benefited from a horrible call in that game. They're not even playing in their conference championship. The bias and favoritism is enough to make a person puke.

ohio state should be no higher than #4.
  • Options
    gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,644
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    just seeing UW as the top story and big picture on the front page of ESPN.com on November 29th is enough to make me bonerfied.

• Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Passion said:

It's a fucking joke that ohio state is ranked #2. They lose to penn state, they barely beat michigan state AND they barely beat northwestern. They also barely beat a michigan team in columbus that arguably outplayed them and gave the game away because of their injured QB's ineptness. Plus ohio state benefited from a horrible call in that game. They're not even playing in their conference championship. The bias and favoritism is enough to make a person puke.

I'll probably regret asking this, but what horrible call was that?
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    AIRWOLF said:

Passion said:

there were a couple of PI calls / non calls that were terrible late in the game
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    dhdawg said:

AIRWOLF said:

Passion said:

there were a couple of PI calls / non calls that were terrible late in the game
    I think I remember one of the non-calls.

It's weird that questionable officiating had an impact on the outcome of a football game. That is really unusual.
  • Options
    huskyfavrehuskyfavre Member Posts: 121
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2016
    This article is ridiculous, just ESPN desperate to drum up some controversy. I was so relieved to see us at 4 and Michigan at 5 --- they are saying we're "close" as a soft-pedal tactic --- it just shows how far below Wisky and Pedo State are that they are still below the fighting Harbaughs.

The CFB playoff starts this week, with Washington and Clemson playing play-in games for the final 4. 1-4 will stay exactly how it is if Clem/Wa win, no matter how they look, Big 10 winner may or may not jump Michigan (DGAF / either way it's not interesting) and Warshington takes on Bama.
  • Options
    halfbrainmanmolderhalfbrainmanmolder Member Posts: 212
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes
    Not sure why we even fucking worry about this. Beat Colorado, nothing else matters -- the worst we go to Rose Bowl. If we win Rose Bowl against Michigan, totally happy about the season.

Many here seem to think we win comfortably, I am nowhere near as confident about this game. Jake needs to be on his game and play better than he did against the Utes. If he pulls an ASU or god forbid USC, then we are doomed. This is one team even if Smiff dials up the running game, it may not be enough if Jake can't make the throws he should in the short to intermediate route. The water cows' defense is not individually as talented as the U of South Central but as a unit, they just might be better than the U$C.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Passion said:

Your post is showing more bias than Ohio State being #2.

Ohio State beat a top 10 team during non conference play. UW played shit.

Their win against Michigan is seen as stronger than any UW win.

They also beat a top 10 team (Wisconsin) on the road. UW did not.

Their one loss is a 3 point loss to a top 10 team on the road. UW lost to a top 10 team at home by a larger margin.

They have a strong resume. Honestly, it's better than UW's. I think it's arguable which team is better. I would say UW, but their resume is stronger and I can see the reasoning pretty clearly.
    You have to look at the entire schedule, not just non conference play. UW played more top 20 teams than osu.

Their win against michigan may be "seen" as better than any UW win, but that was at home where they were outplayed and it is based on a favorable view of michigan.

osu's margin of victory over opponents is less than UW.

Lastly, they're at home this weekend, watching their conference championship.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    gmo said:

just seeing UW as the top story and big picture on the front page of ESPN.com on November 29th is enough to make me bonerfied.

Slingblade trumped that.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Not sure why we even fucking worry about this. Beat Colorado, nothing else matters -- the worst we go to Rose Bowl. If we win Rose Bowl against Michigan, totally happy about the season.

Many here seem to think we win comfortably, I am nowhere near as confident about this game. Jake needs to be on his game and play better than he did against the Utes. If he pulls an ASU or god forbid USC, then we are doomed. This is one team even if Smiff dials up the running game, it may not be enough if Jake can't make the throws he should in the short to intermediate route. The water cows' defense is not individually as talented as the U of South Central but as a unit, they just might be better than the U$C.

Spooge, that you?