Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

With the latest rankings

dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
You can pretty much confirm a win and UW is in.

Utah is now 20, Stanford 18.

A win over colorado makes it 3 top 20 wins

Comments

• Options
    BrickSquadBrickSquad Member Posts: 1,658
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    The committee also said there was a big gap between Penn State and Ohio State. I could see Michigan getting in if Penn State wins + UW loses.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

It doesn't matter. The season doesn't end this week but Michigans did. If they didn't shit the bed vs Iowa then they could have afforded a loss to Ohio State.

Michigan has 0 chance unless some absolute chaos happens. Like Clemson and Washington both lose.

They still have no chance in that scenario. Big Ten champ and Colorado would get in over them.

They're not taking a team that finished third in it's division.

They're done.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

It doesn't matter. The season doesn't end this week but Michigans did. If they didn't shit the bed vs Iowa then they could have afforded a loss to Ohio State.

Michigan has 0 chance unless some absolute chaos happens. Like Clemson and Washington both lose.

They still have no chance in that scenario. Big Ten champ and Colorado would get in over them.

They're done.
    Wrong. Either UW or Clemson loses Michigan in. They would have beaten Colorado, Penn State, Wisconsin which are the next three teams behind them.

Only reason Hocutt would bring up how "close" UW & Michigan is to plant the seed that the committee could flip the two teams even if UW wins.

I know you don't want to Pete, but style points matter Friday. Run it up if you can.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

They're done.
    Colorado isn't getting in no matter what they do.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    salemcoog said:

dnc said:

They're done.
    Colorado isn't getting in no matter what they do.
    Agreed. Not sure why they think there is a chance.

Even the local sportscasters have been stroking the boofs playoff chances over repeating the typical bronco hot-talk.

Indica game skrong.
  • Options
    ExtraChrisBExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,811
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited November 2016
    godawgst said:

dnc said:

They're done.
    Wrong. Either UW or Clemson loses Michigan in. They would have beaten Colorado, Penn State, Wisconsin which are the next three teams behind them.

Only reason Hocutt would bring up how "close" UW & Michigan is to plant the seed that the committee could flip the two teams even if UW wins.

I know you don't want to Pete, but style points matter Friday. Run it up if you can.
    Strongly disagree. A dormant team is not passing a team who gains a top 10 win and a conference championship. Not a fucking chance, no matter the style points.

In fact, I took it as the opposite. He said UW and Michigan are razor close right after talking about the big gap between Michigan and Penn State/Wisconsin. So, necessarily, UW has just as big of gap between them as well. If anything, it was reassurance that the B1G champ won't pass UW if UW wins.
  • Options
    godawgst said:

dnc said:

They're done.

Michigan isn't getting in no matter fucking what. IDGAF what Hocutt said. They're done.
  • Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I would love to watch Michigan get plungered by Alabama.
  • Options

godawgst said:

dnc said:

They're done.

Strongly disagree. A dormant team is not passing a team who gains a top 10 win and a conference championship. Not a fucking chance, no matter the style points.

In fact, I took it as the opposite. He said UW and Michigan are razor close right after talking about the big gap between Michigan and Penn State/Wisconsin. So, necessarily, UW has just as big of gap between them as well. If anything, it was reassurance that the B1G champ won't pass UW if UW wins.
    I heard him talk about the gap between Ohio State and Penn State/Wisconsin, didn't hear that about Michigan. You sure he said that? Big if true.
  • Options
    huskyfavrehuskyfavre Member Posts: 121
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Based on this, after Saint Haden, Iowa deserves canonization consideration. Without Iowa, there'd be no path for Warshington to get in. I also think I was rooting for the wrong team when I wanted Michigan to beat OSU.
  • Options
    dnc said:

godawgst said:

dnc said:

They're done.

I heard him talk about the gap between Ohio State and Penn State/Wisconsin, didn't hear that about Michigan. You sure he said that? Big if true.
    Pretty much all Hocutt said to Reece was the margin was razor thin b/w Wars and Mich. It was the one thing he came on to say.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

Based on this, after Saint Haden, Iowa deserves canonization consideration. Without Iowa, there'd be no path for Warshington to get in. I also think I was rooting for the wrong team when I wanted Michigan to beat OSU.
    Michigan is still in the picture because they have three wins in the top 8. Had OSU lost they'd have two top 10 (OU and Wisc). The gap between UW and OSU would have been larger than the current gap between UW and UM.
  • Options

Michigan is still in the picture because they have three wins in the top 8. Had OSU lost they'd have two top 10 (OU and Wisc). The gap between UW and OSU would have been larger than the current gap between UW and UM.
    If MI had won, OSU would have lost to #7 and #2 (MI would have been 2 if they won). No way committee would drop them below 4. MI has lost to #UR and #2 and is 'razor thin' below us. If MI had won, OSU would be a solid #4, and I'd have heartburn going in to CU as the #5. As it is, we're in the play-in game, so it doesn't matter.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Two tings:

1. If Michigan hadn't shit itself against Iowa, Ohio State would be playing Wisconsin and the committee could take the four best conference champs. Michigan would probably be ahead of Washington now but they would switch if Washington won the Pac.

2. If Michigan hadn't shit itself against Ohio State, the Buckeyes would be where Michigan is now and Michigan would be playing Wisconsin.

TL, DR: Michigan screwed up the Big Ten championship but everything else is fine.
  • Options

Two tings:

1. If Michigan hadn't shit itself against Iowa, Ohio State would be playing Wisconsin and the committee could take the four best conference champs. Michigan would probably be ahead of Washington now but they would switch if Washington won the Pac.

2. If Michigan hadn't shit itself against Ohio State, the Buckeyes would be where Michigan is now and Michigan would be playing Wisconsin.

TL, DR: Michigan screwed up the Big Ten championship but everything else is fine.
    I'm really glad I don't have to see how this board would have reacted when a Michigan Big 10 champ and 2-loss OSU got in over a 1-loss Pac-12 champ.

Wait, that would have been the one and only silver lining in getting jobbed by the committee.