Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Colorado is a loser program

2»

Comments

• Options
    seatownfunkseatownfunk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 802
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

We lost in HS in 1999

You must be thinking of Air Force. RN beating his old team was a pretty big deal.

link
    CHRIST
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

We lost in HS in 1999

You must be thinking of Air Force. RN beating his old team was a pretty big deal.

link
    I'll never forget that game. I was 14, and I was at my grandparents' house in Chelan. The game wasn't on TV, and the lone radio station there wasn't broadcasting the game either.

Luckily, they had a computer in one of the bedrooms that nobody went in, and it was hooked up to it's own separate phone line for internet access. I remember connecting to the world wide web (after several unsuccessful dial-up attempts), and then firing up Netscape Navigator to pull up my first gametracker. That's also when I first discovered internet chat rooms. I thought to myself Holy shit...you mean I can say anything I want, hundreds of people will see it, and nobody will know it's me or be able to retaliate with violence?

"If you play in the Big East, you shouldn't be allowed to be ranked."

"[insert-school-another-person-was-repping] sucks. Washington is better."

"The Pac-10 is the best conference. Always has been, and always will be."

I was in heaven. Finally, I had a voice. All the important things that I wanted to say and needed lots of other people to hear, got said, and lots of other people heard. I spent the first half of the game just going all out. I guess you could say I was really backthepacking it up.

But then, during halftime, I remember some guy getting into it with me. I guess you could say it was my first successful troll attempt. But it was 1999, and nobody even used the word "troll" unless they were reading Three Billygoats Gruff. Anyway, this guy started talking shit about Washington, and made fun of the fact that we were losing to Colorado at halftime. I was deflated. I couldn't even respond. He was right...we were losing, and there I was talking shit. So I stopped posting. But then, after awhile, we were ahead! So I started posting again. After we won, I tried really hard to find the guy who made fun of Washington. But he was gone. I'll bet he eventually found out the score of that game and felt really bad about what he said.

Anyway, that's how I know we won that game. That and sports-reference.com
    Cool story, bro.

For real.
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

Been shit for years and never even won a Pac-12 title.

15-0 bitches

Colorado has had a 10 win team in the last 15 years.
    How many Pac-12 titles numb nuts? That's what I thought.
  • Options
    Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,827
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2016
    Remember it's pronounced "bizon" not "byeson." Let's not offend our golden bizon visitors.
  • Options
    dongmandongman Member Posts: 2,384
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Bison are weak. Just like native Americans.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

dnc said:

We lost in HS in 1999

link
    I'll never forget that game. I was 14, and I was at my grandparents' house in Chelan. The game wasn't on TV, and the lone radio station there wasn't broadcasting the game either.

Luckily, they had a computer in one of the bedrooms that nobody went in, and it was hooked up to it's own separate phone line for internet access. I remember connecting to the world wide web (after several unsuccessful dial-up attempts), and then firing up Netscape Navigator to pull up my first gametracker. That's also when I first discovered internet chat rooms. I thought to myself Holy shit...you mean I can say anything I want, hundreds of people will see it, and nobody will know it's me or be able to retaliate with violence?

I was in heaven. Finally, I had a voice. All the important things that I wanted to say and needed lots of other people to hear, got said, and lots of other people heard. I spent the first half of the game just going all out. I guess you could say I was really backthepacking it up.

But then, during halftime, I remember some guy getting into it with me. I guess you could say it was my first successful troll attempt. But it was 1999, and nobody even used the word "troll" unless they were reading Three Billygoats Gruff. Anyway, this guy started talking shit about Washington, and made fun of the fact that we were losing to Colorado at halftime. I was deflated. I couldn't even respond. He was right...we were losing, and there I was talking shit. So I stopped posting. But then, after awhile, we were ahead! So I started posting again. After we won, I tried really hard to find the guy who made fun of Washington. But he was gone. I'll bet he eventually found out the score of that game and felt really bad about what he said.

FREE PUB!!!
  • Options
    Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,827
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dongman said:

Bizon < aboriginals

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,904
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I was at the '99 Colorado game. It was huge after being 0-2, to WAC fodder no less. Huge win.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,631
    Founders Club
    Ducks like to gives us shit about 91 being shared with Miami

Well Colorado won a natty off a fucking 5th down

Fuck em
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

dongman said:

Bizon < aboriginals

Don't you think @swaye might want a trigger warning in advance?
    Hell yes. Looks like he's got two squaw's to slam up against that rock wall
  • Options
    BuffBuffPassBuffBuffPass Member Posts: 322

Fuck em

Also played probably the toughest ever schedule. OOC was P12 champ UW, SWC champ Texas, B10 co-champ Illinois, SEC Champ* Tennessee and a Stanford team that went .500 in P10 play. That's in addition to the slate of Nebraska, Oklahoma and the rest of the Big 8 and a 10-1 Notre Dame in the bowl game. Most impressive natty. FACT
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,631
    Founders Club

Fuck em

Also played probably the toughest ever schedule. OOC was P12 champ UW, SWC champ Texas, B10 co-champ Illinois, SEC Champ* Tennessee and a Stanford team that went .500 in P10 play. That's in addition to the slate of Nebraska, Oklahoma and the rest of the Big 8 and a 10-1 Notre Dame in the bowl game. Most impressive natty. FACT
    GRAA

5th down
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

dnc said:

We lost in HS in 1999

link

CS, B

2001400ex said:

15-0 bitches

That would be a goose egg for both UW and Colorado.

Stanford 3
    Oregon 2
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,776
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AZDuck said:

dnc said:

We lost in HS in 1999

link

CS, B

2001400ex said:

15-0 bitches

That would be a goose egg for both UW and Colorado.

Stanford 3
    Oregon 2
    Save the nonsense for baabs you boof timer
  • Options
    I was right.

#asswhoopin
    #soft
    #fullplunger
    #mydawgs
    #maga