Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Lavon Coleman leaving

NOT A CHANCE.

if you caught the latest story from Jude, Coleman is all about selfless play. He is on both special teams units and has been outstanding. Him and Zeke Turner take it very seriously.

Coleman has completely captured, "it's all about the team mentality."

This probably has a little bit to do of him not getting the amount of carries we expect him to get.

Leading the PAC-12 in yards per carry this year. Ripped up the cougs and has one of the better 9 yard carries I have seen in awhile against the cougs.

Coleman is turning out to being of my favorite Huskies in a very long time. Someone completely wiped themselves clean of the Sark stench. You can just see his intensity in the game. He is totally, "locked in" as Darrell Daniels likes to say.

Comments

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,576
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    You told me he sucked two years ago.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,992
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Did he even play for Sark? Much easier to lose the stench when you never played for the guy.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,611
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

CLICK BAIT

Never on HH!! Come on bro.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    jecornel said:

PurpleJ said:

You told me he sucked two years ago.

He did.
    No he didn't. Learn how to football.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I don't need to go back and watch the film. I knew the whole time. He had a body that would have fared well at the flatbed auction, but I saw his vison as a ballcarrier. Nose for the hole and all that.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The old Coleman didn't have the explosiveness the new one has. He showed signs of intelligent running, hitting the right holes and creases, but didn't possess the quick change of direction and speed to blast quickly through the holes like he now does. He also showed good balance and wasn't easy to bring down, but had a little later years' Shawn Alexander in him. Credit the kid for putting in the time and work to be his best. He's turned into a great goddamn back that bowls people over and looks like he's having a blast doing it.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,000

The old Coleman didn't have the explosiveness the new one has. He showed signs of intelligent running, hitting the right holes and creases, but didn't possess the quick change of direction and speed to blast quickly through the holes like he now does. He also showed good balance and wasn't easy to bring down, but had a little later years' Shawn Alexander in him. Credit the kid for putting in the time and work to be his best. He's turned into a great goddamn back that bowls people over and looks like he's having a blast doing it.

Definitely not your father's Labron Coleman.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    EwaDawg said:

Definitely not your father's Labron Coleman.

My dad is dead you prick.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,918
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Coleman showed some good RB instincts/awareness as a freshman. The problem was he was slow as shit.

Last year was the Gaskin show and Coleman looked like a SJSU transfer in waiting.

Props to him and Bonerpopper, he has elevated his game through the roof this year.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    PurpleJ said:

I don't need to go back and watch the film. I knew the whole time. He had a body that would have fared well at the flatbed auction, but I saw his vison as a ballcarrier. Nose for the hole and all that.

Bullshit. He sucked.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    Passion said:

jecornel said:

NOT A CHANCE.

if you caught the latest story from Jude, Coleman is all about selfless play. He is on both special teams units and has been outstanding. Him and Zeke Turner take it very seriously.

Ripped up the cougs and has one of the better 9 yard carries I have seen in awhile against the cougs.

These two things:
    1) I don't think his performance on special teams has been discussed enough...if at all. Coleman has made a number of tackles this year. And he loves it.

2) That 9-yard run was a thing of beauty, worthy of some Sam Spence music and a John Facenda voice over.

Quite simply, Lavon Coleman is a football player. Praying he stays healthy, and stays a Husky.
    THIS.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

I'm going to punch you in the nuts. I have a good angle too. Roll by.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtauovdcr94