Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Voter explains why he ranked Michigan ahead of Ohio State

2»

Comments

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,630
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    topdawgnc said:

PurpleJ said:

I saw two defenses that were pretty damn good. I saw that neither team had a qb. Barrett missed a lot of throws, but his team ran the ball better. Michigan qb was more accurate but he threw the two picks that resulted in scores. Michigan wins the game if they don't fuck up the snap on the goal line. Ohio St had enough time left to not abandon the run late in the game and it opened up as Michigan got tired on defense.

Both teams would be favored against our DAWGS and it doesn't take a rocket science to see that either team can play with anyone in the country.

The goal line fumble meant nothing. Meyer outsmarted himself and faked a punt on the 22 on the turnover series, which lead to a Michigan touchdown.

The killers were the Pick 6, and the red zone pick.

The QB was not ready for prime time.

Next year will be special.
    You could argue that Michigan would have gotten a stop after a TD there and set up the offense for an opportunity to break the game wide open.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    edited November 2016
    PurpleJ said:

topdawgnc said:

PurpleJ said:

I saw two defenses that were pretty damn good. I saw that neither team had a qb. Barrett missed a lot of throws, but his team ran the ball better. Michigan qb was more accurate but he threw the two picks that resulted in scores. Michigan wins the game if they don't fuck up the snap on the goal line. Ohio St had enough time left to not abandon the run late in the game and it opened up as Michigan got tired on defense.

Both teams would be favored against our DAWGS and it doesn't take a rocket science to see that either team can play with anyone in the country.

The goal line fumble meant nothing. Meyer outsmarted himself and faked a punt on the 22 on the turnover series, which lead to a Michigan touchdown.

You could argue that Michigan would have gotten a stop after a TD there and set up the offense for an opportunity to break the game wide open.
    I wouldn't argue that because their offense had been shit all day.

It did not impact Meyer's calls, because it happened 3-6 downs after the fumble.

The biggest turn of the game was the pick six.

Second biggest red zone pick.

The fumble was not relevant based on the fake punt, of course it did show the QB was/is not ready for prime time.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    topdawgnc said:

PurpleJ said:

topdawgnc said:

PurpleJ said:

I wouldn't argue that because their offense had been shit all day.

It did not impact Meyer's calls, because it happened 3-6 downs after the fumble.

The biggest turn of the game was the pick six.

Second biggest red zone pick.

The fumble was not relevant based on the fake punt, of course it did show the QB was/is not ready for prime time.
    This argument reads like a recap between Arizona and Arizona State
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Next year, Michigan is fucked. They lose every single defensive starter, along with 7 or 8 starters on offense and their kicker/punter. From the 2016 team, they return the QB, 2 OL and their slot receiver. It ain't gonna be pretty.

Likely explains why Jimbo's panties were in such a wad.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I don't understand the michigan/tOSU apologists. Both Michigan and tOSU looked like shit on offense. One team eeked out a win, while the other vomited all over itself with turnovers when they should have salted away the game. Michigan has lost 2 out of 3, and also lost to a ridiculously bad Iowa team. It was Michigans first true road test of the year and they lost. Then, they choked again 2 weeks later. The whole argument for michigan being a playoff team is ridiculous. By late November, every game is a playoff and Michigan has lost two of those games. They want to get in on the heals of the first 8 weeks of the season, but want to omit the last 2 of 3 or get credit for losses.

• Options
    AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer
    I blame the Russians and demand a recount.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I don't understand the michigan/tOSU apologists. Both Michigan and tOSU looked like shit on offense. One team eeked out a win, while the other vomited all over itself with turnovers when they should have salted away the game. Michigan has lost 2 out of 3, and also lost to a ridiculously bad Iowa team. It was Michigans first true road test of the year and they lost. Then, they choked again 2 weeks later. The whole argument for michigan being a playoff team is ridiculous. By late November, every game is a playoff and Michigan has lost two of those games. They want to get in on the heals of the first 8 weeks of the season, but want to omit the last 2 of 3 or get credit for losses.

Ohio State deserves to be in. Michigan does not.