Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kiss of death

2»

Comments

• Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Knight has funded the buyout. Helfrich is gone.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Swaye said:

I think Mullens sees that buyout and is thinking either I find someone who I know is better than him, or wait until something develops down the road...no reason to pay millions to dump a guy and replace with him someone just as shitty.

The buyout is $10M cheaper next year, isn't it? That's an extra $2M for 5 years to play around with for the next coach. Of course, losing 10,000 season ticket holders eats into your revenues a bit too.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    topdawgnc said:

Sounds like someone is prepping their couch for sale.

**Edit

This dude looks like a testicle. If you are bald and white ... grow facial hair.
    My testicles have facial hair.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Swaye said:

I think Mullens sees that buyout and is thinking either I find someone who I know is better than him, or wait until something develops down the road...no reason to pay millions to dump a guy and replace with him someone just as shitty.

The buyout is $10M cheaper next year, isn't it? That's an extra $2M for 5 years to play around with for the next coach. Of course, losing 10,000 season ticket holders eats into your revenues a bit too.
    That's only if he has a losing season next year it drops to $4 million. If they go 6-6 it is $8 million after next year.

If Rob Mullens isn't out the door with Sling for giving the guy a 5 year extension without seeing what he could do after the NFL team Chip left him graduated then Oregon isn't serious about sports.