Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

So, for the rest of the day....

SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Founders Club
We are pulling for:

Minnesota
Sparty
Florida
USC
Colorado

Correct?

Comments

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Yes. And big wins by USC and Buff.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited November 2016
    Sparty is now by far the most important one to me since IDGAF if we play Colo or USC. Let's go MSU!

fuck the big ten
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,119
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    And auburn to hurt everyone on Alabamas team
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,582
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Forgetting South Carolina
  • Options
    ExtraChrisBExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,811
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye said:

No way they put in a two loss Penn State team over a 12-1 UW team. If they do I will burn everything. Scorched Earth.

They will put them in solely to justify putting tOSU in.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    if you aren't worried about facing USC again (I am) you could argue Colorado losing moving Utah back up would be beneficial to us
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Swaye said:

No way they put in a two loss Penn State team over a 12-1 UW team. If they do I will burn everything. Scorched Earth.

No. They'll realize that Penn state won the head to head, won the division, AND won the conference.

Ohio State is fucked in that scenario.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,297
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

Swaye said:

No. They'll realize that Penn state won the head to head, won the division, AND won the conference.

Yep. Ohio State is rooting for Wisky so they can claim they beat the conference champ in their house and have an overall better resume.
  • Options
    whlinder said:

Swaye said:

Yep. Ohio State is rooting for Wisky so they can claim they beat the conference champ in their house and have an overall better resume.
    I do think the B1G is a one bid league if Clemson and Washington win out.

I agree with you about the pecking order as well.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Sparty is going down. Chaos reigns.

"Playoff" system is garbage and deserves to die.

Disagree. Not that it's garbage, because it is, but in the old system we would play Pedo State in the Rose Bowl.

Playing Ohio State/Bama/Clemson in the playoff will be more exciting.
    If you're an NFL fan, I guess.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2016

Disagree. Not that it's garbage, because it is, but in the old system we would play Pedo State in the Rose Bowl.

Bowel system is the definition of orange slices and participation ribbons. Play to win it all or GTFO.

8 would be better and 16 would be best, but at least we're moving in the right direction.
  • Options
    CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,475
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Bowel system is the definition of orange slices and participation ribbons. Play to win it all or GTFO.

8 would be better and 16 would be best, but at least we're moving in the right direction.
    Been saying this for years. 16 teams. Power 5 champs get an automatic berth. 11 at large teams. Seed it out 1-16. Higher seeds get home field advantage. Championship game at a predetermined location. Playoffs start immediately after conference championship games. December is now actually fun. And the title game would be Monday night, Jan 2nd this year.

Oh, and cancel all the bowel games. They can go fuck off.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,297
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

whlinder said:

Swaye said:

It's a heck of a discussion to pick 4 out of UW, Clemson, PSU and tOSU if the first 3 win this weekend.

I really want the B1G to be a one bid league; they are starting to act like 2006 again when they all thought tOSU and Michigan should stage a rematch after finishing collectively with 1 loss (tOSU over Mich). And then both got ass raped in the BCS title game and Rose Bowel. Watching those teams yesterday they all looked like shit and I would love to face one of them (though PSU's QB is starting to scare me- he's got some moxie as a white running QB).
  • Options
    whlinder said:

whlinder said:

Swaye said:

It's a heck of a discussion to pick 4 out of UW, Clemson, PSU and tOSU if the first 3 win this weekend.

I really want the B1G to be a one bid league; they are starting to act like 2006 again when they all thought tOSU and Michigan should stage a rematch after finishing collectively with 1 loss (tOSU over Mich). And then both got ass raped in the BCS title game and Rose Bowel. Watching those teams yesterday they all looked like shit and I would love to face one of them (though PSU's QB is starting to scare me- he's got some moxie as a white running QB).
    Every reputable internet site suggests that Clemson and Washington are win and in while the B1G champ needs one of them to lose. The underlying assumption is that Ohio State is already in because they had a kickass season except for that debacle at Penn State.

If Clemson and Washington both lose, the B1G gets two teams and the committee is left to choose...umm...Colorado or the Bedlam winner?

CHRIST
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Swaye said:

This until the sun eventually swallows the earth. There is zero way O high O is not in the playoffs, so selection committee to save face brings the Lions along for the ride if they win.

I know CP doesn't like to run it up, but style points will matter, so if we get up big, keep hammer down. Only need to go back 3 years ago to see it worked when the Buckeyes did it vs. Wisconsin (iirc) in Big 10 Champ game to go from 6 to 3 and leapfrog both Baylor and TCU (sorry tequila)