Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Cool Story Bro - Dave Hoffmann Edition

LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Founders Club
edited November 2016 in Hardcore Husky Board
Hanging out with my wife's uncles this weekend at their late father's wake. 6 boys in the family, their late dad played RB for Bear Bryant at Kentucky, 5 of them played D1, 2 for Bear at Alabama. Needless to say, big football family. Lots of SEC hottalk, and I told them to let me know when they want to talk Pac-12 and Washington. One of the uncles asked me if I'd ever heard of Dave Hoffmann, and I told him I'm reading a book about him. He responds "no shit, I hired him to the secret service, and my brother mark was partners with him, we go way back". Apparently Dave underplays his college success, because the uncle couldn't believe he was a big deal at washington.

Interesting info:
1. Dave started a secret service program where he'd put on one of those padded suits and train guys to take him down while resisting arrest.

2. Consequently, Dave got in trouble for knocking too many new recruits out during training.

3. Apparently has an awesome Macho Man Randy Savage impression "OOHHHH YEEEEEEAHH, BROTHER".

I know I know cool story bro

Comments

• Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2016

Hanging out with my wife's uncles this weekend at their late father's wake. 6 boys in the family, their late dad played RB for Bear Bryant at Kentucky, 5 of them played D1, 2 for Bear at Alabama. Needless to say, big football family. Lots of SEC hottalk, and I told them to let me know when they want to talk Pac-12 and Washington. One of the uncles asked me if I'd ever heard of Dave Hoffmann, and I told him I'm reading a book about him. He responds "no shit, I hired him to the secret service, and my brother mark was partners with him, we go way back". Apparently Dave underplays his college success, because the uncle couldn't believe he was a big deal at washington.

Interesting info:
    1. Dave started a secret service program where he'd put on one of those padded suits and train guys to take him down while resisting arrest.

2. Consequently, Dave got in trouble for knocking too many new recruits out during training.

3. Apparently has an awesome Macho Man Randy Savage impression "OOHHHH YEEEEEEAHH, BROTHER".

I know I know cool story bro

That random Texans coach from hard knocks had the GOAT Savage impersonation. His Flair is also great...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL6M4qPKiBU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhYW2e-Xt8Q
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

This story is incredible, because I have an eerily similar one from like two weeks ago. I think it is the same family even. Fuckin A small world.

I was reading that wondering at first if he plagiarism'd your shit
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

This story is incredible, because I have an eerily similar one from like two weeks ago. I think it is the same family even. Fuckin A small world.

I was reading that wondering at first if he plagiarism'd your shit
    I just PM'ed you both to get more details. I think we know the same guy here. Fucking weird.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

It is confirmed, same guy

Lesson for the bored, the Orkin guy knows everyone.

When you kill as many bugs as I do, word spreads quickly.